FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Garrosh Hellscream

Guest Zillions

The health value for the Siege Engineers on 10m Normal difficulty is 632K HP, not 632M. 63

Killed on 10 man normal last night after 7 attempts.  BEST FIGHT TO END AN EXPANSION EVER...at least on normal.  I can't wait for Heroic!

P1 - joke phase.  Just keep killing the Desecrated Weapon and AoE adds.  I solo'd the Desecrated Weapons as Affliction and Destruction (varied per attempt), so 2-3 DoT dealers should be fine. 

Interphase - lots of people had issues with getting their protective buff.  Let it be known: if you don't get this buff, you are going to die.  Some notes on acquiring the buff...you can see which mobs have the buffs by clicking on them.  It'll be a buff on them.  Upon death, they'll drop a yellowish/gold aura bubble that you can walk into to get the buff.  Make sure you move as a group because the buff is an AoE proc.  If you run ahead and pick up the buff yourself, your teammates are going to die and they'll know who took the buff. 

P2 - annoying phase.  Continue with the Descrated Weapons killing.  FOCUS PEOPLE WHO ARE MC'D!!!  Biggest issue for us and other guilds...break people out ASAP and interrupt/stun them to prevent the MC from spreading.  2nd hardest part of phase - ADDS!  MUST SPREAD OUT FOR ADDS.  Once they are out, DPS picks one and BLOWS IT UP.  Gain aggro on it and pull it away from others.  Immediately after adds, break people out of MC and prepare for Descrated Weapon.  After that, its a rinse and repeat cycle.

Interphase - same as before

P3 - same as P2 but everything is empowered.  DEFINITELY save Bloodlust for here.  Desecrated Weapons can't be killed, but they can be made smaller.  This is a waste of time - focus boss and MC'd players.  Tanks will start to get rocked, so play CDs accordingly and make sure you're as far from Garrosh as possible with this Empowered Bladestorm.   MC'd players can't be stunned in P3, but they can still be interrupted.  They need broken out as soon as possible.  Rinse, lather, and repeat.  Gorgeous fight.

Guest Xidus

We found phase 3 minions to be too big of a problem, since they're very hard to burn fast. However, Whirling Corruption is also the last ability in boss' phase 3 "cycle". For us, it was much easier to ignore the adds altogether and burn the boss down ignoring them. In order for this tactic to work, you need to kill the boss before, during or immediately after the second Whirl. You'll still have to deal with two Desecrates, two Mind Controls, tank debuff and the Whirl damage itself, but those are easier to handle if you take the adds out of the equation.

Guest Max

In terms of tank swaps we found 8 - 10 was quite a lot of stacks. Is there a particular reason you take this many since 3 is the minimum you need for the tank's stacks to drop?

Other than that we struggled with adds in p1. That including the fact that the Garrosh tank was pulling aggro off of our add tank (because of his massive vengeance). Did anyone else enounter this problem or were adds not stacked on the boss. We also didn't throw adds into the iron stars deciding to kill both engineers.

We manage to get him to 30% in p2 but we didn't get into p2 often because of p1 grief.

It only spawns on melee if the melee are not in melee range when he starts to cast it for whatever reason.

• Like 1

It only spawns on melee if the melee are not in melee range when he starts to cast it for whatever reason.

Our melee were attacking the boss so i don't know what you mean and the tooltip on desecrate says Garrosh hurls the Desecrated Weapon at a RANDOM enemy.

For us Garrosh has always casted it on a ranged. He might be casting it on a melee if there aren't enough people outside of his melee range.

Our melee were attacking the boss so i don't know what you mean and the tooltip on desecrate says Garrosh hurls the Desecrated Weapon at a RANDOM enemy.

What usually happened for us is we had our rogue and our warrior (me) going out during Whirling corruption at first. As soon as Whirling corruption ends he casts Desecrated Weapon. Since me and the rogue were out of melee range at the time of his cast, he could target us, but by the time he finished casting it, we were back in melee range, and attacking the boss, so we had the weapon spawn "on melee". After we decided to have both tanks and the melee stay close to garrosh during whirling corruption we stopped having that problem whatsoever and only ranged ever got targeted.

For us Garrosh has always casted it on a ranged. He might be casting it on a melee if there aren't enough people outside of his melee range.

Seems melee will get it when there are 15 yards or more between them and boss. So this attack is not spec based. We got to P3 once but people start dying there. Should the adds be killed in P3 or kited?

Seems melee will get it when there are 15 yards or more between them and boss. So this attack is not spec based. We got to P3 once but people start dying there. Should the adds be killed in P3 or kited?

If you mean the very last phase where people get mindcontrolled: They have to be interrupted (i don't think silence works) because every time they finish a cast they will mindcontrol someone else. You also have to dps them since the mindcontrol is broken once they reach 20% health.

The health value for the Siege Engineers on 10m Normal difficulty is 632K HP, not 632M. 63

Not only that,  Currently guide is saying

farseer wold rider has 35m on 10, and 36m on 25.

or the Kor'Kron warbring has 20m on 10, and 17.8m on 25.

embodied doubt has 3.3m on 10, and 3m or 25.

but i seriously doubt 10 man has more (nearly same hp) as 25 man.

the rest of the values are ~1/3 which makes sense.  but those 4 mobs look wrong.

--

When someone becomes MC'ed, do they use all the abilities that their char can use? I remember on HoF first boss ppl would use their AoE fears and such before the MC's happened so those wouldn't get used by MC'ed.

--

is there any reason to rush p1 ? as in, less energy on boss, hard enrage timer, soft enrage mechanic?

Is there any downside to NOT pushing the boss into p2 till we are ready for it? (either 3 min CD's, or when adds just spawned)

--

anyone else have issues that boss de-spawns out of the heart phase IF you manage to bring him below 10% within the heart phase?  Pushing from p2 to p3 in the heart realm instead of main room.

Guest Chronos

Can anyone confirm if Empowered Touch of Y'shaarj (empowered mind controlled player casts) are SILENCEABLE? I know interrupts work. Wondering if  Arcane Torrent/Ring of Peace affects those empowered mind control's casts or not. Anyone know with absolute certainty?

Guest Morr

You write that Garrosh drops a "pet" on heroic mode, I think you want to change that to "mount". 

Guest Jamison

Just wanted to say there's a minor error. During the dream phase, when he's spamming annihilate, the are dog is magic, not physical. This is proven by me using cloak of shadows during the phase and not taking damage for those 6 seconds

Other than that we struggled with adds in p1. That including the fact that the Garrosh tank was pulling aggro off of our add tank (because of his massive vengeance). Did anyone else enounter this problem or were adds not stacked on the boss. We also didn't throw adds into the iron stars deciding to kill both engineers.

We had our warrior tank pick up the boss at start and DK tank (me) picking up the adds. I take the adds to the boss and my warrior co-tank grabs and kills them with his massive vengeance and at that point I taunt and hold Garrosh while the adds are up. Requires a few taunts to hold aggro until adds are dead.

I would recommend using at least the 2nd Ironstar. If you have a monk in your group have him place his statue in the path of the star and have DK Gorefiend's Grasp to it as the star is coming by. Simple knockbacks work nicely too, say a Druid specced into Typhoon. The ironstar obliterates the 2nd set of adds, which for some reason didnt go down as fast as the first one, so the help from the star was great.

I also try picking up the Farseers and take them into the star's path and hope they start casting chain lightning so they stay in range of it while i run away.

If we gonnna kite adds at the P3, does that say we begin to kite it once we get in P3 and use all the big heals on tanks, or, we should kite after certain percent of the boss health, and which percent should that be?

We started kiting them right off the bat in P3. If you have hero, personals and pots in Phase 3 it's over quite fast. I think I was still gathering the next set of adds off our squishypeople when we got in the killing  blow.

PS: Woop! 100th post!

Edited by Ceraius

We started kiting them right off the bat in P3. If you have hero, personals and pots in Phase 3 it's over quite fast. I think I was still gathering the next set of adds off our squishypeople when we got in the killing  blow.

PS: Woop! 100th post!

Bat is MC?

Gratz on 100 posts! :)

Edited by Zvon

Guest LoganEight / Arathor

in LFR today we found he kept resetting in phase 2 after the interphase. Not sure if a bug or we did not accomplish something correctly (some suggested we needed to keep his health below 50%). Anyone experienced something similar?

7.2.1 ...8-10 stacks

That is insanely wrong and you're wiping raids for suggesting that anyone attempt that.

3-4 stacks max before a swap.

7.2.1 ...8-10 stacks

That is insanely wrong and you're wiping raids for suggesting that anyone attempt that.

3-4 stacks max before a swap.

3-4 stacks is correct. Although 8-10 is possible with a geared tank and good healers, but at that point you're solo tanking the fight because your stacks will reset with the whirl. We actually attempted this, but it became too difficult to heal in phase 3.

I can confirm a few of the claims and queries and would appreciate the guide being updated.

Tank switching is best done around 3-4 stacks. If you taunt too frequently the boss gains taunt immunity, and stacks reset during the whirl anyway, so if a whirl is soon, leave the tank on boss. Even 6 stacks is still routine to heal through.

Damage from Annihilate (the unavoidable component) in alternate realm is SHADOW damage, not physical. Had a 1.1m blood shield and still took damage, so I went to go look in combat log. Please correct the guide where it says it's Physical.

Empowered MC players can be interrupted and silenced, but that's unfortunately your only options.

Otherwise thanks for the hard work putting these guides together!