FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Timeless Isle

Wow. simply wow. This is one of the best guides I have seen to date! well done! keep it up smile.png

You are now exalted with me.

Thank you for your message, means a lot to me smile.png

Might be useful to add that the ability to get you into the scantuary of the cloak is account wide. You just need one cloak and all your alts have access on the same server, horde and alliance.

Not just the same server. It works on different servers as well.

Edited by Daemaia

Is there any particular reason to grind rep with Emperor ShaoHao?

First, the loot that I've received from the Firewalker mobs has not sufficiently justified the time and effort or repaid the expenses of killing them.

Second, the Guide does not mention a QM or any particular rewards for reaching Honored except to complete the quest for 1000 Timeless Coins and 19g80s3c. Considering the time, effort and cost of armor repair bills, aside from needing the buffs from the daily Pathwalker Quest to succeed, there should be some benefit more significant than those.

[ I have decided to withdraw my remarks about the Timeless Isle weekly quests unless I find that the problem which I have encountered is a problem, and not just the way that the game works. ]

Edited by Stardance

Emperor Shaohao Rep:

Friendly:

Honored:

Revered:

Exalted:

There may be some more benefits that I do not know of, I personally never went passed honored, and it's been a while since I have done any Isle related activities.

Edit: The Faction Vendor is Mistweaver Ku, who sits at the east end of The Celestial Court, 42.8, 54.8.

Edit 2: The trade_archaeology_chestoftinyglassanimalPouch of Timeless Coins is sold by a different vendor, Mistweaver Ai, who is right beside Mistweaver Ku.

Edited by Fouton
  • Like 1

@Fouton: Thank-you very much for your thorough reply. The Guide section 1.4 Rewards lists these in categories without mentioning the Shaohao reputation requirements to obtain the ones that are from Mistweaver Ku. You add the Pouch of Timeless Coins for 500 Valor that is not mentioned on Wowhead for Mistweaver Ku because they are available from Mistweaver Ai instead (trade_archaeology_chestoftinyglassanimalPouch of Timeless Coins).

@Damien: I recommend that you specifically mention in Section 3.4 that reputation with Emperor Shaohao is required to obtain items from Mistweaver Ku, who serves as the faction QM, and to obtain the Pouch of Timeless Coins from Mistweaver Ai. You might also mention these requirements in the opening for Section 1.4, although I don't know how you would add the reputation requirement for the appropriate items in the tables (it is included in the Wowhead table for Mistweaver Ku.)

Your guide is quite useful and well-written, it just needs a few "edits" here-and-there. :-)

Edited by Stardance

@Fouton: Thank-you very much for your thorough reply. The Guide section 1.4 Rewards lists these in categories without mentioning the Shaohao reputation requirements to obtain the ones that are from Mistweaver Ku. You add the Pouch of Timeless Coins for 500 Valor that is not mentioned on Wowhead for Mistweaver Ku because they are available from Mistweaver Ai instead (trade_archaeology_chestoftinyglassanimalPouch of Timeless Coins).

@Damien: I recommend that you specifically mention in Section 3.4 that reputation with Emperor Shaohao is required to obtain items from Mistweaver Ku, who serves as the faction QM, and to obtain the Pouch of Timeless Coins from Mistweaver Ai. You might also mention these requirements in the opening for Section 1.4, although I don't know how you would add the reputation requirement for the appropriate items in the tables (it is included in the Wowhead table for Mistweaver Ku.)

Your guide is quite useful and well-written, it just needs a few "edits" here-and-there. :-)

I fixed Section 1.4, I think this should do smile.png Thanks!

May I also suggest adding the same style of loot table in section 5.0 for those who skip down to the rep section? I think that's where I would go if I was looking for rep rewards =)

Guest Stardance

May I also suggest adding the same style of loot table in section 5.0 for those who skip down to the rep section? I think that's where I would go if I was looking for rep rewards =)

That is a good idea. It would also be good to add mention of the rewards for building reputation with Emperor Shaohao to section 3.2. Emperor Shaohao Quest Line. Reading that section left me wondering why I would want to grind rep with Emperor Shaohao, thus my first post on this thread.

In Section 1.1 Accessing the Island Damien describes several ways to access the Timeless Isle and the Ordon Sanctuary. First, I do not play any PC that has the Slow Fall spell or a native flying ability, and I have bought Golden Gliders ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=104346 ) but have yet to use one.

For what it is worth, every time that I have moved across the broken bridge, I have seen other players whose PCs are moving on various mounts simply jump across the gap between the long part of the bridge and the stub that extends from the Ordon Sanctuary. For example, one PC rode a motorcycle and another some wingless insect (?) as we moved together in a loose trio of riders toward the gap. They appeard to just jump across the gap in a low ballistic trajectory and continue on their way, which I've seen others do previously, too.

Every time that I have tried it so far, my PC and his mount fall into the gap. Maybe I'm just clumsy and my "jump" is ill-timed, but the others seem to do it quite smoothly without any hesitation or change in movement speed. I have not been able to identify any specific point at which they execute the jump, but obviously it is quite near the end of the long section.

If memory serves, I have attempted the jump with the Windfeather Plume enabled ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=104287 ),  but it does not seem that the other players are using the Golden Glider. I've stood on the edge of the gap and have yet to identify any "patch of grass" on the other side that might serve as a landing spot. I tried the Gleaming Crane Statue once, but I could not control my descent in any way at all. Perhaps it cannot be used until the PC has looted the Gleaming Chest and the Rope-Bound Chest.

Do you know of any particular move that a player can make to do what I see the others doing? 

Edit: in a comment on the Wowhead page about the Goldlen Glider, LordMateius states that using a Golden Glider after launching from the Gleaming Crane Statue allows the PC to land anywhere on the island (!) -- subject to the player's skill at controlling the descent of the glider. I have yet to try that, but I would still like to know how the other player's PCs are jumping across the gap in the bridge!

Edited by Stardance

@Stardance Having the legendary cloak on any character on your account forces your character to make that successful leap. The players just approach the bridge and the game's mechanic takes them across. You're doing nothing incorrectly, its just not possible until you obtain the cloak.

@Damien Awesome! I added Stardance's NPC correction to the bottom of my post to be a bit more clear on the vendors.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

@Fouton: Thank-you for that information! Trying to do it without "The (Legendary) Cloak" has been driving me crazy. By the way, not to pick nits, but Misweaver Ku is north of the pedestal on which Emperor Shaohao stands, and Mistweaver Ai is south of the pedestal. :-)

Question:

Will the Timeless Isle stay in the game in Warlords of Draenor?

I am asking, because the 5.3 events were removed in 5.4. Should we expect such thing to happen to Timeless Isle in WoD?

For what it is worth, I could not find any Giant Clam at 29.6.

That point is very near to the maximum distance that a PC can move away from Timeless Isle and its associated columns of rock. The "Fatigue" bar kept appearing and disappearing. Perhaps Blizzard removed the clam.

Will the Timeless Isle stay in the game in Warlords of Draenor?

@Oltier:  Only Blizzard knows for sure, if anyone does. It is worth noting that the Wrathion legendary quest chain ends (?) in the Ordon Sanctuary. The Timeless Isle is now integral to Pandaria as a consequence of the destruction of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, now called the Vale of Sorrows. However, my guess is that Blizzard could make some very significant changes to the Timeless Isle, especially with respect to its role in gearing-up characters "for raiding" without repeated runs through the instances.

• Like 1

Guest Satanstooth

Timeless isle is great. Unfortunately on our server "Outland" the Horde are outnumbered 10 to 1. This means that the Horde are effectively completely locked out of this content. Of course my friends and I have been there many, many times only to be slaughtered even in our own base. Blizzard in their great wisdom have decided to ... er... well.... ignore this problem completely and just leave us all locked out. Cheers blizzard team !!! Nice work. Maybe we should dust off our swtor accounts ?

Guest Craig

Thanks.  I'd just gotten back from a break and the whole Timeless Isle thing seemed a little intimidating.  This was a nice intro.

Guest Fatboy

Fantastic guide, thanks for all your hard work. It was a great help to me and my colleagues.

It might be worthwhile mentioning in 7.2 that opening Master Kukuru's chests gives you a chance of a Burden - I have had several so far.

Fatboy of Aman'thul.

Fantastic guide, thanks for all your hard work. It was a great help to me and my colleagues.

It might be worthwhile mentioning in 7.2 that opening Master Kukuru's chests gives you a chance of a Burden - I have had several so far.

Fatboy of Aman'thul.

Thanks for the feedback, I added your suggestion wink.png

Guest sennin

You should include Falling Flame in your section about moving around the island.  I use it to reach Garnia with 100% success rate with over 100 kills. 

Great guide by the way.

Guest Polynices

Wonderful guide. Thanks so much for it.

Minor correction: it's Teron Gorefiend, not Theron Gorefiend.

Wonderful guide. Thanks so much for it.

Minor correction: it's Teron Gorefiend, not Theron Gorefiend.

Thank you, that will be fixed in the next few days. I am currently working on the website, so there are a few broken things which prevent me from updating the article right away tongue.png

Guest Fourtytwo

As of 8/9/2016 you can no longer complete Rolo's Riddle or Eyes on the Ground unless you complete the quest line that gives you access to the Ordo's Temple first (protection of the Celestials). It seems the final chest & shrine are no longer reachable, you "are forcibly ejected" before you can get to them. You can still reach Garnia and jump down to the pond below, but, before you can get halfway around the tree to click on the chest (and there is no hope for the shrine) you are ejected. I have tried getting to the chest slowly, quickly, and from all sides of the little peninsula it is on.