FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Snowcat

DPS is low, help needed

I'm having some trouble with my DPS too. I'm currently iLvl 490.

I'm using the following rotation:

Non-CS

- BT on cooldown

- RB if I have 2 charges of it

- WS 3x if I have a Bloodsurge proc

- HS if rage goes above 105

- Execute if rage is above 105 and target is -20%

CS-burst (only if my rage is above 80)

- Spam HS

- BT on cooldown

- Spam RB if it's available

- If RB is not proced, I'll use Berserker Rage to force it

- Spam WS if Bloodsurge procs

Basically, I mash the buttons of either WS, RB or BT while also mashing HS.

When CS is active during Exec phase, I spam Execute and use RB if proced. I'll still use Berserker Rage if RB doesn't proc.

As for Skull Banner, Recklessness and Bloodbath: I'll use these during CS phases.

What I'm not satisfied with? Well, I have the feeling my DPS is low on all fights. I'm not quite sure where the problem is. I must be doing a fundamental mistake in my rotation.

I'm trying to find out if I'm just messing up my rotation somehow, or if my gear simply isn't good enough yet.

I took some logs of the Jin'Rokh battle in ToT as well as a few of our tries on The Council (both Normal mode). We just founded a new guild and we have some less experienced players so yeah... we're not as advanced as other guilds.

You don't have to analyze wether or not our guild made mistakes (we probably did) and you don't have to analyze why we wiped (which we did several times). I just want to make sure my basic rotation is correct and determine if it's a problem with my rotation and gameplay, or a problem with my gear.

For the Council, it's only the last try that's probably relevant.

Could you guys have a look?

Here are the logs for the fight:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b5spnphf480m16za/

Server: Elune FR PvE, Guild: Kiss and Kill, Date: 23 Aug, Player: Snowbat

And my character in the Armory is:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Snowbat/simple

I know, I dont have Dancing Steel yet on my weapons, but wouldn't it be a waste of gold to buy that for weapons that are under iLvl 500?

Thanks!

From what you're saying, you seem to have the idea of the basic rotation down.

Remember, however, during CS, to only spam HS if you have the rage available for it, as WS and RB both hit harder so you don't want to rage starve yourself by using too many HS.

One of the first things I noticed is your BT usage still isnt optimal. On the jinrohk fight, you used it 32 times out of 41 opportunities. Looking at your enrage uptime graph, I assume most of these forgotten casts were during execute phase. 

Other than that it seems to be mostly minor stuff. For example, you're not using your on-use trinket at all. Your gems and reforges are not optimal (NEVER use hybrid gems in yellow slots, go for pure crit, and red slots will either be pure crit, str/crit or exp/crit depending on the socket bonus and your current needs). Your weapon's ilvls are low, so it has a big impact on your damage.

If you intend to keep your weapon for a long time don't go for Dancing steel, but know that you wont be optimal. If you get a weapon that you'll keep for a few weeks, then get it. It's much better than windsong.

If you have any other specific questions feel free to ask,

-Ragebar

From what you're saying, you seem to have the idea of the basic rotation down.

Remember, however, during CS, to only spam HS if you have the rage available for it, as WS and RB both hit harder so you don't want to rage starve yourself by using too many HS.

One of the first things I noticed is your BT usage still isnt optimal. On the jinrohk fight, you used it 32 times out of 41 opportunities. Looking at your enrage uptime graph, I assume most of these forgotten casts were during execute phase. 

Other than that it seems to be mostly minor stuff. For example, you're not using your on-use trinket at all. Your gems and reforges are not optimal (NEVER use hybrid gems in yellow slots, go for pure crit, and red slots will either be pure crit, str/crit or exp/crit depending on the socket bonus and your current needs). Your weapon's ilvls are low, so it has a big impact on your damage.

If you intend to keep your weapon for a long time don't go for Dancing steel, but know that you wont be optimal. If you get a weapon that you'll keep for a few weeks, then get it. It's much better than windsong.

If you have any other specific questions feel free to ask,

-Ragebar

So it appears to be mainly a problem of gear optimisation and gear itself.

Thanks.

Just a few more specific quesitons about your tips:

- If during a CS phase, I have WS and RB available simultaneously, what do I prioritize?

- About the HS rage starving during CS: you say "only use it if you have the rage for it"... what amount of rage would be a good indicator to say it's safe to use HS? Right now, I basically spam it as long as I have the rage for it during CS

- During Exec phase, I thought I wasn't supposed to use BT at all, only Exec and RB. Aren't Exec and BT on the same cooldown?

Thanks a lot. I'll re-optimize my gear and see if it' snot better to get Dancing Steel after all.

1. RB > WS

2. You'll heave to learn to "feel" your rage generation for that. Bascially, if you don't have enough rage to use RB or WS inside of a CS window then you used HS too much. If you finish a CS window with more than 30-40 rage unspent then you could have used HS more. 

3. During execute phase you still want to use BT on cooldown as it generates rage (which you then spend on execute) and has a chance to Enrage you (which greatly buffs Execute's damage). And no they're not on the same cooldown.

I think an issue with your DPS is RNG through suffering from low crit. As of now you have 23% crit unbuffed and 28% buffed and thats a world different from someone who has say 30 or 35% or more. with 28%  crit thats only a 56 %  crit chance on BT and that may seem like alot but there can be periods where you just cannot crit and thats only a 28% crit chance on colossus smash. 

And together that is approximately a 84% up crit chance every 20 seconds and while CS is on cooldown thats only a 56% uptime on enrage which is your mastery.

Personally I hate the reliance on crit but when you do crit its alot of fun.

Heck, I'm above 40% Crit raid buffed and I still get (and hate) times where I'll have 4-4 BT's in a row not crit. 

Fury warrior is a fun class to play but it's true that at times, being so reliant on crit hurts.