FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

9th INNING WARLOCK CHANGES

Official Patch Notes released.  Last minute changes...two bad, one good.

Incinerate's damage has been increased 10%.  This is good.  This should make Destro less shit.

Hellfire and Immolation Aura's damage has been reduced by 20%.  This is crap.  Those who enjoy Destruction may not need to change specs. 

Why do I have the feeling they just balanced Demo AoE around having Mannoroths Fury....

I just wish they would bake in the T15 2 piece to Dark Soul baseline for Demo.. really fits..

Edited by Soulzar

Well it's not like you didn't expect it or anything Zagam , demo's aoe is REALLY solid .

With mannoroth's fury it risked being OP ,  in fights where AoE really matters we are going to use Mannoroth's Fury , so that shouldn't really change much.

Edited by Khaos

They Buffed incinerate because FF was used as a filler, lol

I'll probably not using DEMO at all at SoO, Destro looks like better at heavy-aoe fights, mainly with IA nerf

I'll probably not using DEMO at all at SoO, Destro looks like better at heavy-aoe fights, mainly with IA nerf

Fel flame is still a 0.337% dps gain :3...meaning it is just as op as demo fel flame right now, both are *technically* better as fillers, but fuck that man. Should be noted though that this really helps destro aoe a lot and makes KJC essentially obsolete for everyone but affli (who its still debatable for).

Edited by gahhda

This reminds me of the start of 5.2. For now destru will be ahead on a lot of fights, hopefully Affliction will be able to do just as well, but hopefully something similar to the lei shen trinket will happen and we can all go back to demo.

This reminds me of the start of 5.2. For now destru will be ahead on a lot of fights, hopefully Affliction will be able to do just as well, but hopefully something similar to the lei shen trinket will happen and we can all go back to demo.

IMO Destro is still only viable in Immersius, Galakras, Spoils and Garrosh.

Fel flame is still a 0.337% dps gain :3...meaning it is just as op as demo fel flame right now, both are *technically* better as fillers, but fuck that man. Should be noted though that this really helps destro aoe a lot and makes KJC essentially obsolete for everyone but affli (who its still debatable for).

Really, a 0,4% dps gain?

Well, whatever, as you say, the whole point of Destro is Heavy AOE, so, screw that minor single target gain i just want my Fire & Brim Chaos fuckin' Bolt.

Baseball is dumb.

And I'm kind of excited to get back into Destruction, but we'll see.

Edit:  Also, holy crap I just looked into my Non-Biz e-mail folder at work and saw someone was looking for a Demonologist, and I was like, holy shit!!!  Then I used my brain harder and read "Dermatologist".  Real life is boring.

Your opinions are no longer valid. 

It's only fun if you're playing it.  Even then, you need to be a kid/teenager or drunk.

That said, I got a solo triple-play in high school that I will carry to my grave.  :D

What is IA? =O

Edit:  Also, holy crap I just looked into my Non-Biz e-mail folder at work and saw someone was looking for a Demonologist, and I was like, holy shit!!!  Then I used my brain harder and read "Dermatologist".  Real life is boring.

Rofl, reminds me of the time I put a system wide message out saying our Muru Wireless system was going to have maintenance done on it and would be going down.  My colleague quickly sent me a message "Finally going to get him down eh?"

Our wireless system is Meru

As an aside, ironically, somebody was looking for referral to a dermatologist in our system mail today too...

Edited by Soulzar

So will rain of fire continue to be part of the destruction rotation?  I remember reading they were gonna change something with that...

So whatever happened to "Play what you're comfortable with?"

I've never been comfortable with Destruction. Part of me wonders if I should force myself to try it out just to see if I'm not giving it a fair shake due to a natural tendency on my part to be "Anti-FOTM;" I always bristle heavily at "be this spec or be retarded" (and unfortunately I still DO hear that a lot). But Affliction feels much more natural and second-nature to me when I'm playing my warlock, even though I know I still have a LOT to learn about getting all its nuances down correctly. I'm not bad at Demonology, but even though I'm more comfortable with the IDEA of it than I am with Destruction, I know I'm not wielding it anywhere near to optimum effect. Still, I'm a little confused with the "only viable here, not viable there." If I know more about playing one spec than another, won't I always do better (and thus help the team more) playing what works for me?

Totally agree, Holly. I used to love Demon spec even though it wasn't considered optimal dps. The only reason I have changed is that in my opinion, Destro now is more like the old Demon spec used to be for levelling and basic pve...put a pet out to tank and whack the heck out of it with spells. I love the idea of Affliction but I prefer more burst damage and aoe so even if it was considered THE warlock spec, I probably still wouldn't play it regularly.

This hasn't gone anywhere.  I've always said an excellent Destro Warlock will outperform a mediocre to good Demonology Warlock.  You should always play what you're best at AND what you like the best.  I also believe you should be proficient at all 3 of your specs as a pure DPS class.  You don't have to MASTER each spec.  Master one (100% capacity) and get extremely proficient at the other 2 (90-95%) and you should never be a detriment to your raid team.  What separates good Warlocks from excellent Warlocks are those who can recognize fight mechanics and realize a specific spec would give them an advantage over the others.

The fact that you're even on these forums shows that you want to improve your play.  These forums are tailored to all types of player skill levels, but when we can show min/max values, we do.

If a certain spec blows the other specs out of the water for a certain fight, then that will be mentioned.  It shouldn't be taken as "This spec is the best spec for everything."  Shouldn't you expect certain specs to shine over others for different situations?  If you truly want to improve, try to learn every spec.  See what works for you and what doesn't.  There's no need to get upset about people claiming FOTM, it's part of the game.  If you want to play Affliction for every fight that's your perogative, but it's not going to be ideal.

they nerfed it so ROF is no longer worth casting in a single target rotation for ember generation. sadly i'm still doing it out of habit X_X

I raided last night and I thought they had nerfed it...but I can't HELP it, it has become habit :(