FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Xite

5.4 Aff stat weights

Stat weights are largely irrelevant at this point because things will be changing so quickly and fight dependent as well as strat dependent. 

For 550+ ilvl: Haste = 13737 > Mastery > Haste > Crit

For sub 550: Haste = 9778 > Mastery > Haste > Crit

I'm not sure why the 9778 and 13737 breakpoints are receiving so much focus.

What about the 13157 breakpoint?  I was destro this patch, and for 5.4 will have Affliction as the other spec. My iLvl is 539, and the 13737 (Corr+4) breakpoint isnt really attainable, but the 13157 (Agony+5) is.  The current build was obtained Simming destro, plugging the stat weights into AMR, and forging/gemming that.  When I switched my off spec to Affliction I noticed I was just above 13157 so decided to keep the current setup.

Most of my reforges are away from hit anyway, it's the gemming that would have to change if I dropped haste for mastery.

Lei Shen, the bastard, never did give up UVLS so I never really got to see the glory days of Demo.  Although it seems to me that unless you were already in Meta, taking advantage of the proc to get Doom up would have been darn hard due to the measly 4 sec duration.  Unless you were *very* quick in cancelling your current cast, going into meta and getting a Doom off it would suck.

We also lost our shadowpriest this patch and I'm reliant on a sporebat for my 5% now :-(

Copycat

I posted before seeing your post, our time stamps are 1 min apart!

What about the 13157 breakpoint?  I was destro this patch, and for 5.4 will have Affliction as the other spec. My iLvl is 539, and the 13737 (Corr+4) breakpoint isnt really attainable, but the 13157 (Agony+5) is.  The current build was obtained Simming destro, plugging the stat weights into AMR, and forging/gemming that.  When I switched my off spec to Affliction I noticed I was just above 13157 so decided to keep the current setup.

Most of my reforges are away from hit anyway, it's the gemming that would have to change if I dropped haste for mastery.

Lei Shen, the bastard, never did give up UVLS so I never really got to see the glory days of Demo.  Although it seems to me that unless you were already in Meta, taking advantage of the proc to get Doom up would have been darn hard due to the measly 4 sec duration.  Unless you were *very* quick in cancelling your current cast, going into meta and getting a Doom off it would suck.

We also lost our shadowpriest this patch and I'm reliant on a sporebat for my 5% now :-(

Corruption is another chance at a SS. If you look at what we say we always say "550 ilvl+ go for the 13737 BP." That's why at 11ilvl lower than what we recommend, you have issues hitting the BP.

I think his question (and mine too), is, "Is the breakpoint at 13157 viable?"  He can hit that, just not the 13737.  My guess is, the answer (from what I've gleaned reading the rest of the forums) is that you're giving up too much in Mastery, in order to obtain the 13737, and/or 13157 breakpoints.

I'm currently at ilvl 541, and hit 14900 ish Haste in Demo.  Does the same hold true for me for switching to Affliction?  Again, my assumption is that the answer is yes, since I have low Mastery in order to get to 14900, so I too would have to give up too much Mastery to hit 13737 Haste.  As well, I'm guessing someone would say, "You'd should sim it out, and see what you get", but since I've never simmed (is that a word?), that option isn't completely available to me.  (Well you should go set it up then, duh!)

Thanks guys for all your help.

If you guys aren't actually reading what I write when I say "go for 13737 when you're above 550 item level', then you're missing the point.  I mean that...don't chase it until you're over 550.  You guys saying you can reach 13.1k but not 13.7k shouldn't even be looking past 9.8k because you clearly don't have the gear. 

First off, get Spell Haste.  If your team is at least semi-serious, you'll see the reason why immediately.  Got a Hunter?  Sporebat.  Get a new Spriest, have a Druid go Boomkin or a Shaman go Elemental.  There is no reason to not have Haste if you care about raiding.

The reason we care about 13.7k more than 13.1k is for one major reason: opportunity cost.  You're pushing 13.1k for the Agony breakpoint which makes sense purely from a damage standpoint.  If you look at the list of breakpoints, you'll see large gaps between sets of breakpoints.  I call these Haste Tiers.  The same "Tier" as the 13.1k Agony breakpoint is the 13.7k Corruption breakpoint.  The next tier starts in the 16k's which is just far out of reach.  However, if you have the gear to get to 13.1k, you have it to get to 13.7k.  Otherwise, you're reaching for a breakpoint you can't afford yet. 

The other point is if you are playing Destruction.  Destro hits GCD cap pretty quickly with small amounts of Haste.  You're far better off going for 9.8k and sitting there for the rest of the tier if you play Destro/Affliction.

You guys reaching for the 13.7k breakpoint below 550 item level is like expecting a BMW as soon as you graduate college.  Get a job, make some money, then go for it.  I'm 547 right now and still won't push the 13.7k point.  It's partly because my other spec is Destruction, but it's mostly because in any multi-dotting situation, Mastery > Haste.  Haste > Mastery for single target is fine, but I've seen very few single target DPS situations.

As a pure DPS, I strongly believe you should be ready and competent at all 3 specs.  If I see a fight where Demo has a clear advantage, I'll check it out.  Anywhere Demo's AoE would be great, Destro is that much better and easier.  I was beating our Elemental Shaman on trash and the opener of Nazgrim as Destruction.  The buff to Incinerate was intense for our AoE.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Just make sure you don't have crit on your gear that isn't reforged.

You'll actually be at 22% in raids.  Perfectly reasonable amount to get procs from Aff 2pc which is really the only critical affect of Affliction.  For Destruction, Mastery scales Chaos Bolt more than Crit and for Demonology, the same is true.