FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Siege of Orgrimmar DK Tank Style

Immerseus: Runeforge into spellshattering for more survivability, nearly all dmg is magic.

The Fallen Protectors: You can use IBF to break the Gouge once you've been gouged, mind you have to instantly taunt back He so he doesn't run off and stab one of your buddies.

Kor'kron Dark Shaman: You can use Dark Simulacrum to copy Kardris' Froststorm Bolt, it deals ± 400k dmg.

General Nazgrim: You can use Dark Simulacrum to copy various damaging skills from the Arcweavers.

Siegecrafter Blackfuse: Use either AMS or AMZ to soak a 4th or possible 5th application of Electrostatic charge, it will help alot with burning down the Automated Shredders, as the debuff increases your damage done to these adds.

Garrosh Hellscream: You can use Gorefiend's Grasp to pull the adds into the Ironstar, aswell as use Dark Simulacrum to copy the shaman's chain lightning.

• Like 1

Garrosh:

In the "other realm" you can AMS two annihilate in a row if you use it just before the first one hits.

You can Dark Sim players who are MC'd.

If you Dark Sim the first CL from the shaman it will last until the next wave of adds are gathered to get max dmg from it.

Army can take a lot of heat off the add tank.

• Like 1

Immerseus: Runeforge into spellshattering for more survivability, nearly all dmg is magic.

The Fallen Protectors: You can use IBF to break the Gouge once you've been gouged, mind you have to instantly taunt back He so he doesn't run off and stab one of your buddies.

Kor'kron Dark Shaman: You can use Dark Simulacrum to copy Kardris' Froststorm Bolt, it deals ± 400k dmg.

General Nazgrim: You can use Dark Simulacrum to copy various damaging skills from the Arcweavers.

Siegecrafter Blackfuse: Use either AMS or AMZ to soak a 4th or possible 5th application of Electrostatic charge, it will help alot with burning down the Automated Shredders, as the debuff increases your damage done to these adds.

Garrosh Hellscream: You can use Gorefiend's Grasp to pull the adds into the Ironstar, aswell as use Dark Simulacrum to copy the shaman's chain lightning.

Also on Garrosh, make sure you use Glyph of death coil, pop AMS during whirling corruption and you can spam 5-6 death coils worth 120k absorb each on any raidmember because of the runic power generation from AMS during heavy damage.

• Like 1

just wanted to confirm that Chillbains, chains, death drip, remorseless winter, gorefiend's grasp, glyphed Death and Decay all work on puddles in immerseus.

Remorse is probably better than gorefiend's since gorefiends only pulls them together not back, and it does not slow.

Remorseless winter can be used to stun a stacked group of adds but also to slow adds when they are more spread out. since remorse is simply a stacking debuff application, you can simply walk past a puddle and still get 2-3 stacks on it.

If you cast gorefiend's on yourself and are within the proper range you can pull multiple adds back from the brink. Coupled with chilblains and a roiling blood you can slow and kill quite a few. I also like to drop a glyphed d&d midway between puddle spawn and boss for additional slowing and damage

The same self-cast gorefiend's works very well for sha reflections and for mobs on galarakas and in the spoils encounter.

The same chilblains/gorefiend's/glyphed d&d is useful on siege crafter. If you happen to be tanking the shredder at a time where your going to get prox mines. You can grip them all to you into your slowing d&d and spread diseases to slow them all down and help multi dot. Minimizes chaos on waves where you have two mins on the belt and u can't avoid them spawning

I'm not rly sure where this tip belongs to, since it kinda involves 2 specific classes/specs to perform, but I figure this is the best place.

A continuation for

If you have nothing to Grasp to on the path of the Iron Star and you have a MW/BM monk in the group (the specs with statues) you can ask them to place their statue on the star's path and Grasp to that without putting anyone in danger of being hit.

Edited by Ceraius

Fallen Protectors:

If tanking Rook, using Desecrated Ground will free you to move during Vengeful Strikes, just keep in mind you need to run out of range of his cone attack, because if you run sideways he'll turn to keep facing you. Alternatively, just Death Strike right before he starts, and your shield will absorb most or all of the Vengeful Strike damage.

If tanking He, pop Dancing Rune Weapon when he gets Instant Poison and the next boss to be pushed into Desperate Measures is still far from the %hp threshold. (He's poison buffs get cleared when any boss enters DM phase) The extra parry will reduce your damage taken.

Galakras:

Take Gorefiend's Grasp (and preferably macro it to target self) if you're assigned to downstairs tanking. It serves as a third Fracture interrupt, as well as bringing all adds into the flamestrike if they're a bit spread. I've found this works nicely if a bonecrusher targets the melee friendly NPC and his nameplate gets a bit lost in the chaos. Run away a few yards, use the macro'd GG, resume killing, loot.

Iron Juggernaut:

Definitely have a sizeable blood shield up when jumping on mines, and if they are close together you can jump on the first and already click the second mine before getting launched into the air. So you'll stomp 2 mines and only get launched once. Also, if the mines were placed close to the boss, you can fire off another Death Strike just after jumping on the mines to add even more shield from the explosion damage. Furthermore, you avoid the Shock Pulse's knockback if you are in the air from jumping on mines.

*edit: avoid Shock Pulse's knockback, still get the aoe damage

Edited by Teldae
  • Like 1

apologies for any dupes...here's some tips from a 6/14 blood DK.

Immerseus - using gorefiends grasp and asphyxiate. I like having a spare grip for these adds. Remorseless Winter is useless unless you can stand on the add and useless if the add is about to hit the boss. A quick self cast GG followed by strangulate means you'll get another add down, even if the add is right on the cusp of hitting the boss.

Protectors - I've been on He duty for each of our kills. I also pickup the Misery Add during Rook's desperate measures. Damage gets intense here....The trinket from this fight it very handy, but things get difficult when a gouge and a defiled ground come close together. AMS works well for the defiled ground. Our raid always burns this add down fast. Set DBM/BigWigs to super emphasize gouge....the off tank can taunt if you get hit, but unless he's quick a dps or healer will probably get hit first.

Norushen - fun fight for DK I think. Test realm is easy....just keep moving and interrupt the casts you can. With our self healing, its pretty much a face roll. I usually go into the realm on the third orbs. I can kill the add with about 15 seconds to spare if I have the vengeance. Other wise....just get grip and stun happy on teh big adds! I usually soak quite a few void zones too....I don't seem to have problems surviving even at 100% corruption.

Sha of pride....just taunt on time and stand near the prison. Face roll!

Galakras - this fight gets intense, but its my favorite of the tier so far. I'm rolling with my current add control default of GG and Asphyziate. Both really mess up the Bonecrushers and the Shamans. If you hate dealing with lots of adds, you'll hate this fight....but I think dealing with the adds down below is what Blood DKs were made for....we've got the damage, the grips and we can spread or dots like crazy. I can pretty much take on the interrupts/stuns single-handedly too, allowing the DPS to focus on burning.

Iron Jugs - Not much to say here really....we killed this dude on our third attempt so haven't got much experience on what works and what doesn't. CC abilities are useless, so anything you can do to survive and move fast. I was easily able to take 2 mines and 3 at a push. So, probably swap out asphyxiate for death's advance. 

Can't wait to progress onto the next fights!

• Like 1

In Kor'kron Dark Shamans, while tank Wavebinder Kardris, you can use Dark Simulacrum before she casts Frostorm Bolt. In heroic difficult, it realy hurts, and can hit 600k and can crit 1.2M, so it is OP in my opinion. Use the Glyph of Dark Simulacrum too, for maximize the dps on her.

Norushen
In "bonus" realm when add cast Hurl Corruption u can use AMS+Dark Simulacrum and then use second time Dark Simulacrum and hit add for around 1mln+ dmg (testing on 25hc man).

the raid advice for dark shamans from Ceraius should be on the right boss.

Where is it currently?

In any case, I updated the thread. Sorry for the delay, got married recently tongue.png

Noticed this hasn't been mentioned yet.

On Galakras you can use glyphed path of frost to reduce the falling damage taken.

I suppose the same holds true for Malkorok if you get knocked up, though that shouldn't happen as often. 

• Like 1

Where is it currently?

In any case, I updated the thread. Sorry for the delay, got married recently tongue.png

At the moment it is located at the Kor'kron Dark Shaman, 

• Asphyxiate tip for Bonecrushers from Ceraius

But i thik that should be for Galakras.

And congratulations!! Wish you both the best.

Noticed this hasn't been mentioned yet.

On Galakras you can use glyphed path of frost to reduce the falling damage taken.

I suppose the same holds true for Malkorok if you get knocked up, though that shouldn't happen as often. 

Also after you jump on a mine on Iron Juggernaut.  The fall is usually what kills people though the explosion damage is very high.

Iron Juggernaut:

Definitely have a sizeable blood shield up when jumping on mines, and if they are close together you can jump on the first and already click the second mine before getting launched into the air. So you'll stomp 2 mines and only get launched once. Also, if the mines were placed close to the boss, you can fire off another Death Strike just after jumping on the mines to add even more shield from the explosion damage. Furthermore, you avoid the Shock Pulse's knockback if you are in the air from jumping on mines.

*edit: avoid Shock Pulse's knockback, still get the aoe damage

You dont have to use death strike on boss.You can hit mines directly with DS and get blood shield.

Also using anti magic zone on shock pulse on heroic helps alot. It reduce raid dmg quite good.

• Like 1

You can hit mines directly with DS and get blood shield.

Came here to say this for Iron Juggernaut.

via

And also for Iron Juggernaut: Frost can use Pillar of Frost to bypass the knockback.

via

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1405243-Iron-Juggernaut-Shock-Pulse-Knockback?p=23872227

Edited by potatoewow

Garrosh Hellscream: 

Gorefiends can be used for the adds. EG put a shaman totem in the path of the star, target the totem then use Gorfiends and it will put all the adds into the path for the star. 

Iron Juggernaut:

When soaking mines you can hit the mines with Death Strike right before stomping on it to get some extra blood shield. It's not much but it does help quite a bit.

Garrosh Hellscream: 

Gorefiends can be used for the adds. EG put a shaman totem in the path of the star, target the totem then use Gorfiends and it will put all the adds into the path for the star. 

In our guild we've found that Light Well or Resto Druid Mushroom works way better due to longer duration, if you have holy priest/resto druid in your team.