FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Siege of Orgrimmar Balance Druid Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Balance Druids attempting bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread smile.png

Table of Contents

Immerseus

Tips:

Links:

The Fallen Protectors

Tips:

Links:

Norushen

Tips:

Links:

Sha of Pride

Tips:

Links:

Galakras

Tips:

Links:

Iron Juggernaut

Tips:

Links:

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Tips:

Links:

General Nazgrim

Tips:

Links:

Malkorok

Tips:

Links:

Spoils of Pandaria

Tips:

Links:

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Tips:

Links:

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Tips:

Links:

Paragons of the Klaxxi

Tips:

Links:

Garrosh Hellscream

Tips:

Links:

Through the first four bosses, I'm fond of Incarnation and Dream of Cenarius. You have to pay much closer attention to Balance Bar position and cast Healing Touch just before entering eclipse, but the rewards are well worth it.

Immerseus: The adds can be Typhooned and are subject to Ursol's Vortex. I recommend both talents. Also, Cenarion Ward should be up for most split phases, so it's a great option for self healing, because you'll most likely have adds reaching the pool. Also, Symbiosis a DK for the pool as well.

Protectors: The DoT nerf really only hurts our procs over three targets, so this being a three target fight, it's still optimal to multidot and turret your SS procs on whatever your current target is supposed to be. Again, I use Incarnation, Cenarion Ward, and Dream of Cenarius.

Norushen: Same talents as above. CW, Inc, DoC. Used my AMS from symbiosis on CD here, so I was able to soak the bolts from the small adds often. I took Mighty Bash for CC here, because the large add can be stunned, making it easier for a quick burn. Also, the AMS from Symbiosis made the beam negligible. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

Sha of Pride: Same basic talents: CW, Inc, and DoC. The add that spawns in the back of the room is subject to Ursol's Vortex, so I cchose that talent. Place the vortex when it spawns and interrupt with Solar Beam. This keeps the add in the beam long enough for ranged to burn it.

Edited by Cohumulone
  • Like 1

For Immerseus, I ended up trying out Force of Nature with decent success. I had full charges ready for the split phases until the end when I swapped to heading adds instead anyways. By triple rooting I had three adds slowed down and had enough timeto kill a different one then come back and take out the treant's targets (after about 2 puddle boosts it just took two eclipsed fire instants to kill puddles)

• Like 1

Few more bosses. We're a little slower than many teams, but we're all older and a little more laid back than we were years ago. :)

Galakras: For ground team DPS, I stuck with Incarnation and DoC. I didn't see much reason to take the other options really. Too much target switching for Trees, IMO. This is a multidot dream (no, the nerf is not that bad). When the bonecrusher charges the "hero" WAIT until he gets there and starts channeling his attack, then a typhoon will knock him out of it, and he'll come back to his aggro target. Solarbeam locks the shaman out the entirety of its uptime. AMS from symbiosis is pretty much my default choice in our raid team. It's good for all of the fire damage going out in both phases of the fight.

Iron Juggernaut: The only times you really have to move in this fight are if you're being chased by a fire cutter, or to move out of the way from the Borer Drill lines. Otherwise, you can pretty much just stand and cast. A well timed Tranquility in the siege phases can do wonders as a raid CD. Again, I stuck with Inc and DoC for the burst. I can see HotW and trees being just as effective though.

Dark Shaman: I'm usually never recommend trying to find uses for Astral Storm and Hurricane. However, if you can make sure you hit eclipse just as Foul Geyser is spawning, they're quite effective, assuming the adds can be kept together. In particular, being in solar with Hurricane is going to be the most effective of the two options. There is a LOT of movement in this fight from the various abilities, especially as tanks try to work out how the Walls are being placed. It's very easy to get "trapped" behind multiple abilities. Even though you may be slower in your walks/runs, I like Displacer beast here. If you find yourself trapped, you can teleport through the poo. These guys have shared health, but make sure your raid leader is assigning a primary target to maximize DPS via debuffs on the boss. I used Inc and DoC again on this fight and was pretty successful.

• Like 1

Sorry for the slight delay, but links to your contributions have been added to the opening post wink.png

• Like 1

Here my results of the first week of SoO (2days raidguild / 8/14)

which I wanna share with you

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/destromath/bonit%C3%A1/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-etc9oc9bq0trvwvg/

Logs are unfortunately only available from Bosses 5 to 8 (WOL screwed around on thursday last week recording 1-4)

#5 Galakras (2 tanks 2 heals 6 dd // 09:35 // last phase(LP) 1:55)
DPS(e): 186059 //  LP 190316
used: Inc/NV
Symb: AMS

#6 Iron Juggernaut (2 tanks 2 heals 6 dd // 05:52)
DPS(e): 191127

used: HotW/FoN

Symb: Magemirrors

#7 Korkron Dark Shaman (2 tanks 2 heals 6 dd // 04:52)

DPS(e): 258232

used: INC/NV

Symb:AMS

#General Nazgrim (2 tanks 2 heals 6 dd // 06:34)

DPS(e): 170213

used: HotW/FoN

Symb: MageMirrors

As recommended by Cohumulone I will try DoC next ID, thanks for the note mate

You're welcome. As I've noted in other threads, I really believe all the popular combos can be quite effective, I just like the Inc/DoC combo at the moment. So bursty!

I actually tried HotW and Trees on our 3 Nazgrim pulls. Almost killed him on the first pull, then derped the other two before we called it a night. I want to figure out how to use DoC on that fight but from all the movement (the spinning blades in particular), I felt more comfortable with FoN.

I did some tests yerstday evening on the training dummies (Lvl 93 Boss of course)

I wanted to check what tiertalents combination could be the best at a single Target DPS 3 Minutes lasting fight
(took the cd timer of CA as point to stop casting when cd was gone)

Moonkin ilvl 545

+ MotW + 320 int alchemy flask
Spellpower: 33060

Int: 22214

Haste: 10374

Hit: capped

Crit: 35,43%

Mastery: 21,01%

Glyph of Guided Stars (to make sure only 1 target will be hit)

Results:

- INC & DoC: 33,93 Million Damage / 170,5k dps

- INC&NG:     34,93 Million Damage / 174,7k dps

- FoN&HotW: 37,71 Million Damage / 190,5k dps

- FoN&DoC:  37,51 Million Damager / 188,8k dps

So FoN&DoC can also be very interessting and is a worth testing it.

Edited by Bonita

We downed nazgrim last night but somehow wiped on mal for like 3 pulls before calling it a night (derping really hard at the end lol). So we went from immersus to mal in one night, so decent progress for 2nd week. I have been taking tips from cohumulone for about a week now and my dps has went up  alot. I was main spec mage before being asked to switch to boomy the day before patch hit, so it has been a learning curve. I must say though, I used DoC + INC for all fights last night, even shamans where you are moving constantly. I liked it on shamans because of there being 2 targets for eclipse dots and stuff to be on, so it seemed to be better. I did terrible on Naz though with DoC, I will probably try FoN + HOTW next time. I will say though, I am only ilvl 534 and am not itemized very well yet, but boomy burst with DoC is insane. I actually was pulling ahead of a couple of my other dps in my comp who are about 10ilvls higher than me (and I have no meta or cape) with DoC. So it is definatly worth taking if you can learn to manage it a lot better. But I will start looking at HOTW for fights with more movement.

On Naz, make sure you have typhoon and vortex on your bars keybound. The adds cause major issues, especially the assassin. So slowing them and having something to knock them back is very effective.

• Like 2

Immerseus: As heals slow the Contaminated Puddle with Congealing and there is more Contaminated Puddle than Sha Puddle I just let the other dps kill the Sha Puddle and I throw a NS+HT on a Contaminated Puddle while close to it to get the Purified Residue and throw rejuvenation on all the ones I could reach to help the healers. Its pretty effective.

Edited by Geldow
  • Like 1

Iron Juggernaut - in 10 man normal, just going bear form is enough physical reduction to soak a crawler mine w/o any CD's.

it does about 70% hp just in bear form.  So I would soak 2 out of the 3 mines every time - healers just knew they had to top me off asap.   If i didn't get really topped off, i would just use a CD (barkskin, HS, might of ursoc, symb from warlock) and hop on anyways.  Needless to say this doesn't help my dps at all, but it made the mines into a joke - OT picked 1 up, i would get the other 2.

Not sure if this would work for 25m or 10HC. - anyone know the dmg values for the mines on 10HC / 25n? (1,250,000 is 10n)

• Like 2

Our group progressed some more this week so here is some later boss tips.

Malkorok: Take DoC with INC for this fight (if you have meta then the trees will work but I dont have my meta yet). This fight is mostly standing still and is all single target. Very little movment. You will find the burst from DoC very useful as the enrage timer is very short.

Spoils: I personally didn't like this fight as a boomkin. I felt very very weak, and I tried a couple different talents during this fight. I eventually just went with HotW and INC. The hard part about spoils is that with all the target switchign and dotting, you dont have natures grace for all your dots. Which basically makes them really weak. I think I might actually try SotF for DoC for faster transitions to eclipse states so I get more starfalls and stronger eclipes. If someone does well on this fight and has some good tips please post them. Also have soothe on your bars for this fight, there is an add you need to soothe or he will do a ton of dmg to the tank.

Thok: This fight is super fun in my opinion. For my group, I get to just burn the boss the entire time. I took HotW and INC for this one since I dont have my meta for the trees. I felt strong for the fight for sure even though we didnt down it (10% wipe). The final phase in that fight is crazy. I strongly suggest HoTW and be ready to actually use it for more than just tranq. There is a lot of healing towards the end of the fight and your raid might need it. You might want to consider taking mass dispell from your sym also to help out with dispells after you break out the the jailer.  We 2 healed, 2 tanked it and did well but just lost focus at the end. I also suggest taking kitty blink if you dont have it already. I love this talent and keep it all the time. All your speed increases will need to be used on this fight.

• Like 2

update on our guildsprogress

I used....

#9 Malkorok: HotW & FoN

#10 Spoils: Inc & NG

#11 Thok: HotW & FoN

#12 Blackfuse: HotW & FoN
logs available: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-017gormkso9nm4fh/

epeenbot link: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/destromath/bonit%C3%A1/

Reasons:

#9: Singletarget fight. Mostly standing still.

#10: Multitarget if you play Spoils properly

#11: Singletarget

#12: also Singletarget

I will test other speccs within the next IDs. At the moment for the 1stkills I am using those talents I did use @ToT.

=> SIngletarget: HotW / FoN

=> Multitarget: INC / NG

Also I have read @mmo-champs druid discussions that using DoC recommends reforging into Mastery.

Non damage increasing talents I recommend & used:

#9 t1 DB t2 YG or CW

#10 t2 CW

#11 t1 DB t2 CW

#12 t1 DB t2 CW or YG

Comparing my epeen to Bonita's, it doesn't appear that there's really a clear advantage to any particular talent choice. This is a good thing and goes further to show that Blizz has done a pretty good job at balancing the talents this tier.

My epeen link (Bonita is a bit further along of course). http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/skullcrusher/cohumulone/

Also I have read @mmo-champs druid discussions that using DoC recommends reforging into Mastery.

Do you have a thread you can reference? Everything I see on there (and I just went again to check to see if things had changed) puts crit as king after applicable breakpoints, even with DoC.

Cohumulone,

nice dps esp at Norushen,

can you please link wol of your guild? wanna check and investigate them.

many thx in advance

regarding your request I will try to find the thread again

Guild progressed more tonight....11/14 on our first night this week so we are happy lol. Progress this week just included downing siegecrafter, fight is so much fun. I personally feel that blizzard has done a great job in tuning the enounters this tier. Either way, here are some things I found useful for siege crafter.

Our guild decided to kill mines and magnets. So if mines spawn, have UV and typhoon ready incase the adds get to close. This fight in general is very easy and just requires some movement and the knockback mechanics from the saw blades.The talent choice kind of depends on how your guild decides to handle the weapons. I went with HotW and INC for this fight. Mainly becaues I dont have my meta yet (still about 3 weeks away). Overall though, it is really strait forward. Burn boss like crazy.

• Like 1

Saw Paragons and downed Thok last night, made some pulls on Garrosh also for this week. So here goes:

Paragons: The bosses stay alive long enough to justify dotting them for your SS procs. THis fight will also depend a lot on how your RL wants to tackle it. For me, I popped all CD's at the begining and dotting everything while channelling my SS into our kill target. Dot the oozes when they come out also and channell SS procs into them as they are priority. I haven't really found something that we have that can do anythign to them, maybe mushrooms but it might be a waste of GCD's. I used my 2nd set of CD's to down Prime, since we wouldnt have a lust for this since we saved it for the poison mind dude. INC + HoTW on this fight, which is starting to be my go to for most incase of the extra healing we might need. Overall, pretty easy fight and even paced.

Garrosh: Not much I can say TBH. We got to phase 2 and kept wiping when Garrosh sends out the adds, it is a really healing intensive part. Since there is so much movement I would recommend taking HotW and INC because of the target switching, and frankly you might need the extra heals depending on your comp. The biggest thing that helped my guild was typhooning adds into the siege fire things. Our warrior would stun them and then I would typhoon them into the fire which basically killed them. If he didnt have his stun up, I placed my vortex behind them and then typhooned them into it to ensure they would get hit. Each group will be different, but in mine I have to switch to the weapons. So I dot garrosh, the weapon, and the wolf rider and chain SS procs into the weapon. When the weapon dies, I channel into the wolf rider. Since we don't have great aoe, I really recommend not wasting natures grace to dot all the adds that come out. Just double dot garrosh, weapon, and wolf and channel SS procs into w/e your priorty is at that time. Also to be noted, since we are chaining starfalls at the begining you will gain aggro on the adds that are coming out. We have a great hunter that can MD them before they start tackling me. If you don't have a misdirect, I recommend glyphing starfall so that it will only be on targets that have the moon/sun on them. I tend to hate this glyph incase I am falling behind on dots or something, because it will be a big dps loss. Easiest is a hunter MD, but if you can't then talk to your RL or glpyh it.

In phase 2, make sure that everyone is stacked together. If you are not the one that gets mind controlled, then your solar beam will basically save everyone elses interupts for that part because they should be stacked together. If people are spread, it isn't worth using unless you have no other interupts available so consult your RL. I was the one getting MC like 75% of the time so it didn't really matter for me. We also had a pull in phase 2 where they had me go bear form (really?) to taunt out the adds. The adds are our biggest problem right now since you can't aoe them down. We are trying again tonight with our tank picking up all of them and then have our hunter distracting shot the thing to herself and then nuke. If someone finds a good way to deal with them please share.

• Like 1

In my opinion, displacer beast is THE talent to take on any bosses. Using it since MSV and it have always been great in all situations. It have only a 30 secs cooldown so you can use it often. I think it should be the default choice.

Ex (using blink meaning displacer beast) :

Edited by Geldow

Siegecrafter BlackFuse, if you are assigned to conveyor, while in the pipe, you can cast a insta cast (I usualy throw a rejuvenation on myself) and you can also start targeting your target with boss frame. Jumping foward to get behind the thing you are killing help to get a good view to avoid the lasers (the jumping speed is not affected by conveyor so you can get behind pretty quick without problem).

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Most of the Foul Slimes (wow_icon_ability_creature_poison_02.jpgFoul Geyser) appear in roughly the same area and I can tell approximately where they're about to spawn (or at least a zone they'll cross shortly), so I lay down shrooms to blow once they appear and then Hurricane whether I am in eclipse or not. Off cool down I'll Typhoon them as well, if it will be helpful. They're usually dead by the end of the Hurricane.

Otherwise as ranged, I keep dots up on both bosses if I can reach them both and stand well ahead of tank movement and toward the center of the courtyard to allow myself time for longer casts and reduce the odds of a Toxic Storm spawning where the tank will need to go.

This fight is definitely one of those where throwing an occasional heal on myself or somebody else is extremely helpful, given all the movement. I like to keep a tank or particular healer on focus and use a macro to quick-throw Rejuvenation.

If there are enough battle rezzes in the raid, cast Symbiosis on a warlock or DK for the damage mitigation. The lock having Rejuv can help the healers quite a bit, here, or a DK having an additional aoe can speed up killing the slimes. On one occasion in LFR I had to give Symbiosis to a warrior, though, because people weren't moving out of crap fast enough. That should never be the case with a regular raid group, though, just general LFR fail. :)

We also had a pull in phase 2 where they had me go bear form (really?) to taunt out the adds. 

Yes. Everyone who can taunt in that phase is going to be vital in case the tanks accidentally touch them. If you are using HotW anyways, this is a good time to pop it unless you absolutely need it for something else. I personally found a tranq without the resto druid stuff (sym'd shaman or SotF sped up) hard to use for this fight due to movement. You shouldn't need to stay bear form once you have one split off due to the fixate component once you hit it enough, but ways of separating the adds are completely important. One thing I found was that if MC was coming really close to the end of add phase and I was still in bear form for one reason or another, I could easily make use of Glyph of Fae Silence for an interrupt before back to normal.