FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Siege of Orgrimmar Feral Druid Shredding Action

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Feral Druids attempting bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread smile.png

Table of Contents

Immerseus

Tips:

Links:

The Fallen Protectors

Tips:

Links:

Norushen

Tips:

Links:

Sha of Pride

Tips:

Links:

Galakras

Tips:

Links:

Iron Juggernaut

Tips:

Links:

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Tips:

Links:

General Nazgrim

Tips:

Links:

Malkorok

Tips:

Links:

Spoils of Pandaria

Tips:

Links:

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Tips:

Links:

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Tips:

Links:

Paragons of the Klaxxi

Tips:

Links:

Garrosh Hellscream

Tips:

Links:

The fact that there was no feral druid advice, bothered me enough to make an account and give tips. Though I only know first 7 from personal experience in normal 10man.

Immersus: Go Ursols Vortex, and mass roots, also symbiosis a mage for maximum cc. With this, me and the mage can handle one half of the room ourselves.

Protectors: Doesn't overly matter what you spec into, keep thrash dots around, in final part, apply rake to all of them and thrash.

Noru: Spec into mighty bash, so you can interrupt and stun adds. When you go down into the realm, apply rip to the big guy, then run around placing rake on the little guys, after which the big guy should be dead, then just mangle each add and they should be dead.

Pride: When the little adds pop up, it helps to go bear form and tank them, because someone like a mage, if they pull aggro later in the fight they will die. I tanked them all easily, when it got painful i just popped defensives. Mighty bash is also good for the big add.

Galak: Make sure to have the extra wide range stampeding roar for the tower group, and mighty bash availible for the add that charges and casts fracture. He can be stunned.

Jugger: We're great here, Ursoc+ Barkskin, take 1 mine, mid air charge another and take a second. Bearform+Survival Instincts take a mine, charge take a second (Renewal is good here if your low after taking one) and then preferably Divine Shield from symbiosising a pally, take one, charge and take a second.

Shamans: This fights hard for us, symbiosis a pally/priest, preferably a pally. Avoid the green guys, if they're struggling and you're taking alot of damage, divine shield, run in aoe them down fast. Heart of the wild is good if your group has low heals, but dream is preferred. It's a tough fight for melee, but because of cat form, we're faster and can move in and out quickly. ALL defensives will be used on this fight almost immediatly off cd because it is a heavy damage recieved fight. Also speed boosts will be used often. The assurance trinket works great here.

Edited by Akava25
  • Like 1

25m Heroic perspective

Immerseus:

FoN works well for the adds because they cast entangling roots

I prefer to have Displacer Beast to get back and forth from the far side of the room to the stack point.

If your group is struggling, use HotW to heal the group as the adds are reaching the boss.  You can also spam Healing Touch on the friendly adds further on in the fight.

Fallen Protectors:

There are many talents that work well for this, but on the first kill I used HotW+SotF (the next kill was DoC/SotF).  The biggest thing here is to avoid things on the ground.  Be very aware of what is around your feet to avoid the poison and corrosive brew that will be thrown at you.  During the Sun intermission, try to Rake/Thrash all the adds.

Norushen:

Basically the same as normal mode.  When you go down to clear corruption, just move around and apply Rake/Thrash.  They will die in a timely manner.  For the "cutter beam", you can see which way it will move using 2 techniques.  The easy one is on the outside of the room a skull is at the end of the beam.  The direction which his face is turned is the way the beam will move.  The other way is the beam rotates like a corkscrew so you can determine which way it is rotating from that.

Sha of Pride:

If you are ported to the "pac-man" room, just run straight ahead and spin in place the first zone you can turn left. The adds won't follow you there.

Close a rift anytime you do not have the debuff.  This prevents further pride from accumulating.  I used symbiosis from a rogue here to redirect off of damaging the manifestation of pride.  Make sure your prison team has zones worked out so people are broken very fast.

Galakras:

The only real tip here is to use Displacer Beast for when Galakras comes down.  Run out far enough from the group to where the ranged piles will only be debuffed and right before the ball lands, you can blink back into melee without picking up an additional stack.

Juggernaut:

Take DoC+FoN.  Use symbiosis on a priest for dispersion. During the siege phase, on the first knockback use Barkskin + healthstone. For #2, use Dispersion and on #3, use Survival Instincts.  I took Displacer Beast again just in case my positioning was a bit off and I was knocked away from the boss.

If you group is struggling, feel free to take NV and use it during the siege phase.  The CD is such that you can use it at the start of the fight and it will be ready to use again during siege.

*I have most of these fights recorded.  Last tier I linked them in this thread.  If you thought they were useful, I would be happy to link them again.

• Like 1

General Nazgrim: Spec into mighty bash, and be sure to use it every wave of adds, priority is Mage-Shaman-Assassin-Warrior.
Shaman is NOT top prioirty, because it should be standing to the side, not healing anyone, whereas the mage is putting painful aoes on the ground, and shooting random players for about 250k. The faerie fire talent is nice for the assassins, so that the person can semi-kite them and take minimum damage.

Symbiosis a pally, so that if you accidentally get a ravager, and it's about to go through the boss/you, you can pop it and keep dpsing, 6seconds is enough for it to pass through, or save it late time if you're dying.

This fight is 2 healed usually, so prepare your tranq.

• Like 1

Malk: Jump straight into the fight with a tranq, to get everyones health up, heart+tranq if you don't need the extra dps. You can deal with every single melee swirl that comes up, barkskin one, surv one, might of ursoc one, dispersion one, if you have nothing, bear+Renewal, even bear + a 20 rage bear heal thing is enough to take no damage. Hell i've just gone bear and only lost like 2% health. Symbiosising a priest is also good, cause they can tranq in P2.

Spoils: It's hard for us here. Suggest to your group the 2 large crate method. More single target dps, so it ends up going faster, apart from that, thrash alot, rake alot of target, try and get rips on mediums. Hard for feral druids to get good dps, but once you get the hang of it you're set :) Be prepared to use defensives and tranq, because you should only have 1 healer with you. And if the other group isn't as fast, use the chain to jump over and help them, tranq, or just dps.

• Like 1

Again, 25 Heroic PoV:

Dark Shaman:

Very simple single target fight.  In the beginning, try to position yourself to where your legendary cloak will hit all the targets and keep a hard hitting thrash up.  FoN + DoC will be the highest damage on this boss.  Just be careful to not be in the way of Foul Stream, the effect is slightly bigger then what you will see in game.

General Nazgrim:

Don't touch the boss while in defensive stance, the extra rage gain will cause a wipe.  Feral's can Soul Swap bleeds from the adds to Nazgrim during this phase without causing any rage gain though.  Be ready to immediately kill War Banners!

Malkorok:

Coordinate with the other melee who will be soaking the puddles.  Those that don't have to soak can pop the bubbles close to tanks/other melee.  Try to stand in a the pie that was already chosen so you don't have to move as much.  The adds that spawn die fast, so either 1 swipe or 1 thrash will give you a decent damage boost.  Stamp Roar can be used to clear the stun during p2 and helps others get to clearing orbs faster.

Spoils of Pandaria:

I used HotW+SotF since there was a lot of target switching.  Make sure to click the buffs from the first add spawns after they die which are needed to complete the fight in time.  On the Mogu side, the phylacteries share a hp pool, so bleed up both so they die as fast as possible.  On the Klaxxi side, the wind line can be difficult to see so pay attention to all ground affects very carefully on this side.

• Like 1

Fallen Protectors

Norushen Zerg

Iron Juggernaut

Dark Shaman

General Nazgrim

Malkorok

Spoils of Pandaria

Edited by Paloro
  • Like 1

Ladys and Gentlemen! Thok is dead!

Thok: This fight sucks, just well and truly sucks. BUT we can do as much dps as ranged here.
I personally stuck with wild charge, to get to adds / get back to the group better, but the 15% speed increase might help you a ton.
Because of our speed, when he's in fixate mode, i could comfortably stand max melee range and attack him, reapplying dots, ect. but once he hit like 10% left on his cast time for fixate, i moved to where I would need to run, if it wasn't on me (It almost never chose me) I went back in. You might need to help with the prisioner, and if your the only melee you WILL have to. Our frost dk can do the dps to get him down in time, but i do keep an eye on it and dispel enrage any second I can.
If your dps is low/you aren't comfortable getting close in fixate phases. Spec into heart, I used this at the end, we hit fire phase, so I popped that when he started to get too fast, and just wrath spammed/kept everyone healed up who was out of range of heals. It can also be popped in an oh shit heals moment, for tranq, to get everyone up.
Use your defensives wisely in the stack phase, wait till 4 stacks for barkskin, then about 8 for survival, renewal is good here if you're low, to push you back up.

• Like 1

Heroic Thok:

Best dps talents are FoN/DoC since it is mainly single target.  Be prepared to switch to HotW if your raid is struggling with healing going back into the 2nd and 3rd phase 1.  It would be better to use in going into the 2nd because you will have uptime for hurricane on the bats.  I choose to symbiosis a rogue for redirect.  While not as good as Soul Swap, our boomkin's needed it so they could continue casting easier.

Don't be afraid to stay off the boss.  After the second focus, he runs very fast and it is difficult to maintain any sort of rotation on him.

• Like 1

Already got blog posts with Feral advice for each boss from 10m PoV, but I'll post the gist here:

Immerseus: Symbiosis priest or pally for defensives, mage for frost nova, other than that it doesn't matter so much. Monk might be good for Clash for one straggling add. 

Wild Charge for adds, you can go CC talents such as Mass Entangle/UV but I've found the adds die very quickly so the most I need is a typhoon to slow one group while I take care of another. Time you spend CC'ing them could easily be used killing them. If you have time pop rejuv on a few of the healing adds. Ysera's Gift seems to work on them too.

Fallen Protectors: Symbiosis Warlock, or Priest if you intend on soaking some of the fixate but we just pass that off to the OT in normal. 

Glyph of Shred to cope with Sun's constant casting. HotW for AoE phase Hurricane if you like. Be really careful bleed cleaving bosses on this fight as you'll possibly trigger an unwanted phase change. Soul Swap is great for switching to high health adds.

Norushen: Symbiosis Warlock, as it's great for pushing your bleeds to high health mobs to enable a little more uptime on boss. Glyph of Shred may be useful during killer beam while tank is turning boss.

Wild Charge for switching between adds. In your test, I find Rake + Mangle is enough for the little adds and let your bleeds do the work. 

Sha of Pride: Symbiosis Rogue/Warlock if you need to switch to big add, Displacer beast if you need to release the prisons. HotW for hurricane on large groups of adds towards the end.

Galakras: Symbiosis Paladin to drop your debuff in last phase easily, otherwise priest for dispersion. Monk for Clash on Fracture mobs. 

Highly recommend Wild Charge here, as it allows you to avoid a long fall off a tall tower if you mess up your positioning on tower duty, and for quick target switching on the ground. Typhoon and Might Bash to otherwise handle Fracture casts. Galakras turns to cast frequently during last phase so Glyph of Shred could be useful here. 

Iron Juggernaut: Symbiosis Priest is the best, followed by Paladin (due to cooldown). 

Wild Charge is amazing for getting back to the boss after Shock Pulse, just spam it as he's casting. Glyph of Survival Instincts if you're soaking a lot of bombs.

Combinations to survive bombs I've found are:

- Dispersion/Divine Shield

- Bear Form + Barkskin

- Might of Ursoc

- Survival Instincts

Dark Shamans: Symbiosis on a Warlock or Rogue would be highest DPS, Priest/Paladin if you're having problems with survivability. Soul Swap is fantastic too when bosses get separated due to casting/tanks dodging bad etc.

Displacer Beast is amazing for this fight for getting through bad on the ground. 

Typhoon/Ursol's Vortex for controlling slimes. 

I don't find the healing tier that useful here, as the times that I do die it was KO in -3 seconds.

Don't throw too much dps on the dogs at the start or you'll waste your buffed Rips on them. Rake + Thrash, and if you do apply Rip, refresh it with FB and move it to one of the shamans before the dog dies.

General Nazgrim: Symbiosis on Warlock is my preference. Priest / Paladin for defensive though you really shouldn't ever get hit by Ravagers. 

Wild Charge is great for switching to or between mobs, and bear form charge on Ironblade or Assassin. Wild Bash on Ironblade or any other dangerous add is great. 

I would have to disagree that Shamans are not highest priority (after their totem). We have one melee dedicated to interrupting Arcweaver so they aren't really much of an issue. But in reality, at most 1 person may die from Arcweaver (they do hit hard if no one interrupts) and may use a bit of healer mana. If a Warshaman runs loose and puts a totem down near the boss it's catastrophic and it's a guaranteed wipe (i.e. everyone dies) unless you grossly outgear the encounter. Plus you have Assassins being kited and Ironblades spinning around.

Feral is tricky here with adds that die fast and not a lot of uptime on boss. I try to push as much damage as possible on boss and try to at least get a Rip up during berserker stance. Feral would be ideal on this encounter to be on boss full time (minus Defensive Stance) if you could wrangle it with your raid leader.

Malkorok: Symbiosis Priest/Paladin if for some reason you can't get out of Breath, or you're required to soak Imploding Energy. 

Displacer Beast is very strong for getting out Breath too. Ysera's Gift is fantastic on this boss as it provides a steady stream of heals to keep your Ancient Barrier strong. I'd highly recommend DoC also for the increased output of Healing Touch for personal survivability, and of course DPS. Glyph of Survival Instincts if you're required to soak, but we assigned the OT to do this so there's no doubling up from Melee. 

To deal with the Arcing Smash we have our OT place raid Markers after each one, so for Breath of Y'Shaarj it's as simple as aiming for the space not occupied by markers and blinking there. 

Spoils of Pandaria: Symbiosis Warlock or rogue is my preference. 

HotW will probably come out stronger than DoC due to short lives of mobs, but I really like using my DoC charges on Thrash and Rake. Knowing how much energy to expend on each mob is really important here. Don't waste energy on something that with low health that will die from dots. Use first Berserk on high health mini-boss (assuming you pop it near the beginning) and pretty much on CD after that, or on Modified Anima Golems. 

Interrupt Harden Flesh and Earthen Shard, as they're really annoying. Shapeshift out of the slow debuff if you get it on yourself. 

Thok the Bloodthirsty: Very preference based: Warlock or Rogue for target switching, Paladin for bubble during Tranquility, Hunter for Play Dead if you get cornered.

Displacer Beast is amazing for this fight. Feline swiftness would work too, but I'm not sure Wild Charge would have much viable usage to outweigh the other two. DB has gotten me out of numerable sticky situations on this fight and I highly recommend it. 

Since healing is a pretty big issue during the first phase, I've been using Cenarion Ward to keep myself topped though I find it has high overhealing. But it has the benefit throughout the fight when heals may be out of range to use on yourself or another low player. Cycle defensive cooldowns during the first phase; we try to push to about 75-70% before allowing people to drop a little to trigger fixate phase. 

Glyphs of Dash and Stampeding Roar would be very useful on this fight. I pop Stampeding Roar as soon as the fixate phase starts giving whoever is fixated a nice boost. 

No immunities will save you from the devour ability, so don't even bother trying to rely on it. Feign Death/Play Dead apparently does work to drop fixate, but you don't want to be doing this often, only when you're cornered and would die otherwise, due to the speed stacks Thok gets for each fixate.

Soothe on Jailer's enrage if your tank is taking a lot of damage.

For the full guides, my blog has Feral PoV for the first 11 bosses at http://preydrive.wordpress.com

Edited by Jozzams
  • Like 1

My last one was on Thok, I have 2 more normal bosses down now :) Siege and Paragons. Here is my advice

Siege: I originally was sent to belt, but had alot of trouble killing each item, due to not being able to build up on the target, so I did platform. They had me basically tunnel the boss for most dps, so it was very easy, stay behind the boss so saws don't hit you, feral charge is good in case you need to help with the big add/bombs. Typhoon was handy with bombs, never really needed it though. It was a very tunnely fight, I popped tranq when it was needed, hotw wasn't needed for it. All in all pretty fun fight, we're great for the tunnel job. To be the base dps on the boss. We had a hunter and frost dk taking turns on the belt :) Stamp roar was great for the dk when he was running over.

Paragons: This fight is complex to say the least, wildcharge was good to get around, mighty bash to deal with bloods getting close. tranq was needed at random each attempt, so keep an eye on that. Once again, a very simple fight, no strong advice really needed. Symb a rouge or a warlock if you have one for target change, I personally don't have either in my group, so I went with pally, just so if i found i accidentally got stunned, i could bubble out of it. A pretty easy fight once you get the order down :)

Garrosh, i've only had an hour and a half on, but glyph of stameding roar, cat form and savage roar seems to be the go. In p2 intermission phases, stampede when it starts so everyone gets a boost. Only swipe/thrash adds when you have a DoC proc up. in p1, typhoon adds into the iron star. With mcs, so much stops casts. Interrupt on cd? Mighty bash, that on cd? typhoon. Anything that stops cast for even 1 second helps. little adds wise, i taunted random ones, and killed them, to keep them spread. Haven't killed it, so that's all the advice i have, if i find anything else, will drop a note.

Heroic: Siegecrafter Blackfuse

There are 2 options for this boss, belt duty and single target duty.

For belt duty:

Be aware that there is a pattern to the lasers.  Looking at them from the way the belt is directed, the next hole will always spawn to the next immediate left.  If it happens to be on the left end, the next hole will spawn on the right most side.  The following wall of lasers will have a hole that is exactly 2 holes to the left of the one you are currently crossing.

It helps to symbiosis a rogue to redirect leftover cp's from Blackfuse to the kill target on the belt.  Get up any and all bleeds as fast as possible so they have ample time to tick down while the weapon is crossing the belt.

For getting off the belt you can simply run and jump off if you have Feline Swiftness, but it is best to just wait until you are pulled off.  Note: Displacer Beast does not put you back down on the platform, you will instead blink in place and fall to your death.

For boss duty:

Be very aware of where you are standing at all times.  It is easy to get clipped by a sawblade which will just knock you back into fire or off the platform.  The mines have too little hp for us to hard switch and since we don't have a ranged attack, just keep Blackfuse targeted the whole time.  Try to project your legendary proc to as many targets as possible and when you are refreshing Thrash, try to hit as many adds as you can.  Only swipe when you are hitting 4+ targets.  If you are an engineer, pick up the EMP Generator for your belt as it will stun all mechanicals for 3 seconds and has no DR.

• Like 1

Got guides up for Siegecrafter Blackfuse and Paragons of Klaxxi at my blog at http://preydrive.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/siege-of-orgrimmar-feral-dps-p-4/ , only had one solid night of attempts on Garrosh because apparently people have lives :P, so I'll leave a proper guide for that when we get that down.

Summary: 

Siegecrafter Blackfuse: Symbiosis - I prefer priest, as there's some heavy damage at times, particularly if you just hang around on the platform, and Dispersion is really good if you get stuck in missiles.

Displacer Beast again is amazing for avoiding stuff, or getting to and from pipes for conveyor belt. CD means it'll be up when conveyor when it starts, and again when you get off.

Typhoon for handling bomb adds.

Not much to say if you're just on the boss full time, just stay out of saw blades.

Conveyor belt, if you're first up you really need to start running over straight away. Get a good rake and rip up, and try to refresh rip under 25% with FB. Dots will continue to wear the machines down after they go through the last lasers. Don't be afraid to pop berserk on this if you're struggling - the boss doesn't really have that much health so handling the conveyor is much more important than your personal dps. But once you get 4 set this becomes really easy.

Once you're off it's the second assigned person's go, and you'll have a burst window of around 30 seconds before you need to go back.

Paragons of the Klaxxi: 

This is soo difficult to describe because of the huge amount of mechanics involved.

Symbiosis: warlock or rogue is my favourite, really handy for Blood adds and Amber.

I took wild charge for this, but DB could work too. WC is great for changing targets. 

Mighty Bash is probably the most important CC choice, as you can stun the bloods, but they cannot be knocked back.

Important mechanics as melee really are to switch to bloods / amber, stack in the laser for Aim, and probably use a defensive as that can hurt. Redirect or soul swap to Amber if you have decent combo/bleeds going; melee will be responsible for most of the damage on this as I find ranged are slow to switch.

Don't bother cleaving unless you want to inflate your WoL stats.

Not much else to say; it's a relatively easy fight once you learn to handle the mechanics.

Heroic Paragons of the Klaxxi:

Sorry, no video this time :(  (hopefully I'll get a chance to record it on our next kill)

Symbiosis: Priest is a must here as it will allow you to solo soak an aim with Dispersion.  If you are looking for a dps gain, I suppose you could Soul Swap on some bosses.

Talents: I used this build:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#U!102001!jKt

DB gets you out of tricky rapid fires and back to the boss when you have to run out for orange/purple combos

YG is just a set it and forget, but handy for healing up the raid

Typhoon will knockback and interrupt feed from the parasites

SotF was nice for the extra energy during mini-burn phases (many bosses)

Disorienting Roar is an AoE interrupt for the parasite feed

DoC is a higher overall damage output then HotW, however your tranq might be called for during a fiery edge

If you get scorpioned, eat a parasite as soon as possible (button #4).  Then go to the kill target and apply sting (button #3).  Angle yourself so all targets are in front of you and hit swipe on cd (button #2).  Use claw on cd (button #1).  If you are fast about eating a parasite, you will be able to eat 2 in the time that you are transformed.  This greatly reduces overall raid damage.  The general rule here....hit 4-3-2-1.

Try to interrupt any and all feed casts.

As a melee, your position is dictated by where the tank has placed the boss.  Don't be afraid to run out of melee range to not get hit by the Rapid Fire (dance). 

DO NOT run in front of the Korven during Vicious Assault.

You should have some kind of cd up if you are a corner for fiery edge.  Barkskin is okay, but make sure to use a healthstone also.  If you have Survival Instincts, you will most likely not need any extra healing.  Take advantage of those PS proc's though!

Both Reave and Death from Above are frustrating since you can't attack during that time.  Try to line up new bleeds to go out before these abilities so you are maximizing your uptime.

What you all have been waiting for....Heroic: Garrosh Hellscream!!!!!!

Talents:

I used 2-1-3-1-1-2 but I would say the only mandatory talents would be Disorienting Roar and Typhoon

HotW users can be very helpful to top off the raid going into any intermission phase or during an Empowered Whirling.

If your group is struggling with single target for the phase 3 push, you might want to consider taking FoN since you are likely to have at least a couple trinket procs during that time.

Symbiosis:

This one is kind of a toss up.  Dispersion for personal survivability or Redirect/Soul Swap for help switching to frost wolfs during p1.

Tips/Tricks

P1:

Stay as far back in melee range as possible to the boss.  This will ensure that your cloak cleave will hit as many adds as possible.

Don't go chase Garrosh if he transitions before the iron star hits.  You will likely kill yourself from not staying stacked for raid cooldowns.

I1:

Disorienting Roar does NOT interrupt the adds in this phase, so you are stuck with only having skull bash/maim(if you absolutely have to).

Don't run over the first bubble you see.  If you stand next to it, it will pop and you will still receive the damage reduction debuff.

P2:

Disorienting Roar DOES interrupt the MC adds here.  I would normally use Barkskin for the first whirling Savage Defense for the second, then Barkskin when it comes back off cooldown.

I2:

Stick to the sides as much as possible.  You can see from the video that I made the wrong judgment call and just barely got caught on the edge of a crash.  If your tanks have good AoE threat on the run (monks/guardians), you can thrash then swipe occasionally.  To ensure you get the buff here, you need to stand over a bubble (not in a crash area) and do NOT move.

P3:

I prefer to use Displacer Beast only for this phase to aid moving in/out of Empowered Whirling.  Your DR will NOT interrupt the MC's.  During the last Empowered Whirling use SD and pray you get some trinket procs to carry your Rip!

P4:

Pay close attention to your Malice stacks.  Don't worry so much if your bleeds fall during that first transition (you won't be hitting BitW phase quite yet) because overall damage in this phase isn't that important, just survivability.

• Like 1

We started heroic protectors last night and I found something to share: If you are fixated on by the Mark of Anguish and you shapeshift, the Mark drops you as target and takes up to 2 seconds to find a new target.

I was the first one it is passed to and I was using MoU to start to soak damage (+ barkskin, then SI, then dispersion) and I kept losing it. We blamed pallies using BoP, but they all proclaimed their innocence and who's going to call a holy warrior a liar? Reviewing our logs afterwards, it is shapeshifting that does it.