FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Siege of Orgrimmar Mistweaver Monk Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Mistweaver Monks attempting bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread smile.png

Suggested "default" talent setup. (some will change per fight)

• Tiger's Lust
  • Chi Wave (Burst on stacked)
  • Chi Brew
  • Legsweep/Ring of Peace
  • Dampen Harm (diffuse on magic fights, NEVER HEALING ELIXIRS)
  • Xuen

inv_glyph_majormonk.jpgGlyph of Targeted Expulsion IS NOT A SINGLE TARGET HEALING GAIN.  The 50% reduction to it makes it pretty worthless to use and its much better used defensively to heal yourself (still use it on CD though)

Suggested "default" glyphs when you don't know what else to use

• Surging mists
  • Renewing Mists/Fortifying Brew
  • Spinning Crane Kick 

Table of Contents

Immerseus

Tips:
  • ability_monk_renewingmists.jpgGlyph of Renewing Mist is mandatory for this fight to be able to spread across your raid being so spread out.
  • ability_monk_summontigerstatue.jpgInvoke Xuen, the White Tiger is useful by placing your jade statue on a spot where you wont be able to heal people to reduce your overhealing.  Chi torpedo could work all right, but everyone is just so spread out its not worth it.
  • ability_monk_chiwave.jpgChi Wave is the best option here (10 or 25) becasue of how spread out everyone it
  • ability_monk_healthsphere.jpgHealing Sphere will heal the oozes.
  • spell_shaman_blessingofeternals.jpgRevival heals oozes (unconfirmed by me, community suggests its true)
  • Healing Spheres seems to be the best option for the adds, but if for some reason you can't then soothing + surging will be your best bet.  I would also recommend trying to use a mouseover macro for Soothing mists to allow you to target adds quicker.
  • Diffuse Magic is probably best used at the end of a split phase if you're raid missed a few sha puddles.
  • Heroic: Depending on how your raid goes about positioning you have some options.  My raid for instance stacks up and controls where the sha puddles go by shifting to the right as they spawn.  This allows for massive AoE healing during phase one that SCK/RJW and chi burst are just perfect for.  When the adds spawn, you can help by cleaving them down which also adds to your eminence healing.  If you don't stack up, then keep everything the same but help DPS the adds and the boss.

Links:

The Fallen Protectors

Tips:
  • Any combinations of talents will work for this fight.  Wave/Burst or any T90 talent. Just make sure to use them
  • You can help DPS the small adds with SCK and buffed BoK during Sun's Desperate measure phase, while also doing decent AoE healing.
  • Try to place a Renewing Mist on players with Garrote debuff to they can receive some healing while taking that bleed.
  • You can use Fortifying Brew to help take more damage with the Mark of Anguish, but that job is usually best for plate wearers or tanks.
  • When there is not much healing needed you should help DPS Misery and Sorrow during Rook's Desperate measure phase. The quicker they are down, the quicker you get through the fight.
  • Heroic: RJW can help some with DPS on all 3 bosses, while also providing decent healing during the stacked parts of the fight.  Also, focusing some fistweaving on each boss between desperate measures will help smooth the transitions and cause less overall damage to your raid.

Links:

Norushen

Tips:
  • I would suggest using Xuen on this fight ESPECIALLY if you remove your corruption very early.  When you have 0% corruption you do extra damage to the boss PLUS do 30% more healing.  Xuen will double dip from this and do an insane amount of healing when there is a lot of AoE damage.
  • RJW and Chi Torpedo are also decent choices since your raid is pretty much stacked for the entire fight.
  • This is an AoE heavy fight, use Chi Burst and Thunder Focus Tea on CD with 6+ ReM's up and spam away at uplift and SCK.
  • Don't fisweave this fight unless you're on the edge of the enrage timer.  The corruption mechanic makes your DPS (and eminence healing) lackluster until you get purified.
  • Heroic: Some guilds opt to never send healers down since theres not really much of a point if done correctly. If you do get sent down, Xuen is probably the best burst healing and damage you can do for the fight.  If the enrage is a non-issue then RJW will probably be better as your raid is more than likely stacked up.  Other than that, you should be dpsing the boss as much as possible outside of burst damage since it is a pretty tight enrage.

Links:

Sha of Pride

Tips:
  • Since most strats involve stacking, RJW can work all right here, but Xuen can do a stupid amount of DPS on the boss and on reflection adds.
  • Chi Burst is a no brainer here since the majority of the raid is stacked.
  • You can use transcendence next to the prison you have to open to get there quickly.  Remember to replace it after you use it!
  • During the first phase revival will be most useful when the raid takes damage from Swelling Pride
  • Heroic: Since on heroic you're going to be required to be spread around the entire room Chi Wave/Xuen is going to be your go to talent.  These will help with DPS on the boss and provide the necessary spread healing.  Using Dispel Magic while you have Mark of Arrogance will not give you pride (possible bug). If you are fine on dispels and they don't seem to be out of hand, you can save Diffuse for a Swelling Pride.

Links:

Galakras

Tips:
  • Your raid should be sending a Mistweaver monk if available to be the tower group healer.  Mistweavers can do stupid damage on adds on top of being able to heal as they move/dps.
  • If you're part of the tower group, make sure you put your statue in a good spot to gain the extra healing while your'e killing adds. 
  • If you're in the tower group its ESPECIALLY important to keep ReM on CD while fistweaving the adds.  You're going to want to Uplift spam when the demolisher starts stunning and damaging your group.
  • If you're in the tower group use Xuen or RJW. DO NOT USE CHI TORPEDO. 
  • If you're not in the tower group you have the choice of any T90 talent, though Xuen can do more stupid damage on AoE packs, as well as RJW doing good constant damage.
  • If you're not in the tower group you should be trying to use MM buffed Blackout Kick as much as possible to help cleave down the adds. (remember to keep ReM on CD!)
  • Ring of Peace is useful on the floor with all the adds because of the silence/disarm on top of tank and melee stuns are going to be hitting DR.
  • You should be using Paralysis on the bone crushers using fracture on the NPC's
  • During Phase 2 stay stacked with the melee but be ready to roll back if you get targeted with his fireball.
  • Heroic: There are 2 gnomes that open the gates of the tower that can be healed.  Ideally, you shouldn't be the one healing them because you can do more damage to adds on the bottom, but if you are, you should be single targeting them to heal them if the dps are slow to kill the grunts or use healing spheres.

Links:

Iron Juggernaut

Tips:
  • This fight on normal is pretty simple.  Just do your normal AoE healing. DPS the boss a little, stand next to a wall. GG
  • Take Dampen Harm for this fight, it will allow you to take 2 crawler mines if you're quick enough (3 with priest grips)
  • use SCK during phase 2 to help heal everyone up.  Revival during phase 2 is best time to use it (coordinate with other healers!)

Links:

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Tips:
  • This is my least favorite fight as a monk.  Until you and your healer get more use to the fight, you're probably going to want to mistweave for the majority of the fight.  There is so much random spiky damage (especially tank damage) that you may just not be quick enough to take 2 globals to save the tank..
  • Best time to use Revival would be during the the later part of the fight with the GIANT METEOR OF FIRE THAT HITS EVERYONE BECAUSE ITS BIG, comes down.
  • Fistweaving at the start may be a good idea though since there are 4 targets to cleave.
  • I like Dampen incase i decide to roll into an ashen wall (xD) though Diffuse works well as well for the AoE ball of fire.
  • If you want to help DPS the slimes, you can try if you got enough health to outheal the damage they do to you by being near them.  Though, its not entirely recommended, but might be funny if you can =P.
  • Charging Ox Wave can help stun the green adds from range.
  • Xuen can do great dps on these bosses to cleave or even when you're doing the 3-tank strat and have them far away.

Links:

General Nazgrim

Tips:
  • Fistweave a lot of this fight.  Be a DPS. Help interrupt shamans/arcweavers. Disarm/stun Ironblades, etc..
  • During berserker stance, ignore adds and DPS boss.  You're going to heal much more in that phase from the boss than anything else.
  • Use Xuen. Use him on the first berserker stance and then he will come up for each one after that.  Pure HPS gold.
  • Revival best used during a warsong.
  • Chi Wave I would say is best here because its a spread fight, but burst can work well if you line it up well enough during a war song.

Links:

Malkorok

Tips:
  • This fight is all about spamming uplift on your raid.  The problem here is that, your smart heals aren't so, "smart". Meaning that it won't really go to the people with lower shields but rather the people with lower health.  This is good in a way, because those people probably wont lose their shield as often, but your heals will constantly try to keep healing them even at full shield.
  • Because of the above mentioned, you should really make a habit of putting your ReM on targets with low shields  This will give you some control at least and help the people that actually need it.
  • Xuen works well for this, giving some nice DPS and AoE healing near you. RJW can work if you're suppose to just heal melee. Don't use Chi Torpedo.  You're going to want to use roll to get out of the slams and Torpedo isn't reliable enough to heal who you need to heal.
  • Use burst on 25, wave on 10.  Wave on 25 is also good if your tanks keep getting on low health.  Wave on CD will help keep their shield up when they are low.
  • Diffuse magic can save you if you derp and stand in the Breath.  Not sure if dampen will.

Links:

Spoils of Pandaria

Tips:
  • Glorified trash pull.  Xuen and RJW both decent DPS and healing. Chi torpedo can work especially since your group is going to be fairly clumped together, but you may roll into puddles or things you don't want to, so be wary.
  • Make sure to keep hots on the tank and use enveloping if hes getting hit hard.  Fill the rest with fistweaving on adds or spamming uplift on the raid when they need it.
  • During the Mogu section, you can use Tiger's lust to remove the slow on someone.

Links:

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Tips:
  • This fight is very SCK heavy.  RJW may work well here, but if you're struggling on DPS on this boss, Xuen would be much better, He'll give you a constant stream of healing for 45s and add to your raid DPS.  Don't use Chi Torpedo, you need to stay stacked.
  • As normal, ReM EH, Burst/wave, on CD. Use SCK as your main Chi Generator, and Spam uplift every time he roars.  Use Thunder focus tea towards before you want to phase and spam spam spam uplift/SCK.
  • During phase 2 I would recommend having Tiger's Lust.  Its very useful for getting away from the boss or using it on another player that needs the boost more than you.

Links:

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Tips:
  • This fight is pretty standard. You have two options, Fistweave the boss and do some healing, or stand back with the group and Mistweave.
  • You can use paralysis on the crawler mines to help slow them down, or disable ones that are not chasing you.
  • Revival is best used for a overload that the big add is casting. It does more damage the longer hes alive so use it on one of the unexpected high damage ones, or if he lives too long.
  • Since your range and melee are going to be spread, RJW might not work too well.  Chi Torpedo isnt that great of an option because you can use roll to help move through the drill mechanic. Again, I'd recommend Xuen.
  • You should NOT go on the conveyor belt.  Unless you can beat one of your dps in burst damage you shouldn't. If you can beat a dps in burst damage, consider replacing that DPS.

Links:

Paragons of the Klaxxi

Tips:
  • Leg Sweep for stunning the healing adds.
  • Xuen because this this is a cleave heavy fight and mostly everyone will be spread.
  • Dampen Harm because there's a lot of magic and physical going around.
  • Thunder focus on CD here or as you see some higher damage, its a little hard to predict raid damage other than who AIM is going to happen on and during Fiery Edges.
  • Fistweaving is a big plus on this fight as you can cleave the bosses for extra eminence healing. (Note: Cleaving on this fight is frowned upon because the bosses heal when one dies, though the extra healing is very much worth it.)

Links:

Garrosh Hellscream

Tips:
  • This whole fight you should be helping DPS.  If you have a solid healing team (or partner)you should be good to try to DPS as much as possible but not forgoing your duties as a healer.
  • Phase 1 is a huge fistweaving extravaganza.  DPS those adds!  Make sure to keep up with ReM on CD though because you want to be using Thunder Focus Tea when the the Iron star hits.
  • Transition phases you should be using diffuse magic so you don't have to worry about yourself as much and spamming uplift with all the AoE damage going out.  Use SCK to heal and generate Chi.  Fistweaving is not as important here because of the raid damage output.
  • Phase 2, whirling corruptions are the healing intensive part you should be worried about.  Use TfT for each one when possible while coordinating other healer cooldowns,  Be sure to make use of DPS cooldowns too! (smoke bomb, banner/rallying cry, devo aura etc..)
  • Phase 3 is much of the same as phase 2 but everything is empowered. Keep DPSing while using healing spells during whirling corruption.

Links:

Immerseus - A well placed Renewing Mists can jump across the room if using Glyph of Renewing Mist. After 50% corruption remaining you should be using Revival as much as possible at the start of the split phase (as soon as adds are healable) as it will heal every healing add in the room and slow them by quite a bit. Statue of the Jade Serpent can also be used to heal people normally out of range.

The Fallen Protectors - Rushing Jade Wind is extremely useful during Sun's desperate measures.

Norushen - There is enough AoE damage in this fight that odds are you will be doing very little overhealing, which means you will be doing an insane amount of healing. My guild had the best results with myself, a mistweaver, going into the test realm after the first tank. Be sure to fistweave while down there.

Sha of Pride - Still working on this one (currently eating the ground as I type this.) Rushing Jade Wind is useful for the beginning of this fight. Using roll to get to the imprisoned players makes things easier as well.

Update: Just finished Sha of Pride. Rushing Jade Wind was my best friend throughout this entire fight. I tried to keep it up as much as possible (I use a high spirit and haste build). Otherwise there really isn't anything special to do as a mistweaver.

Edited by Sacridfire

The Fallen Protectors - Many chances for AoE healing, use Chi Torpedo as often as possible. This fight can be FISTWEAVED without overgearing. I would say around 520+ in FLEX and 535+ in Normal you can fistweave.

Norushen - When it is your turn to purify, simply fistweave if you are geared enough. Around 525+ would make it comfortable. ONLY for purifying though. This will make the process quicker. However, DO NOT FISTWEAVE AT THE START OF THE FIGHT. You will do very a minimal amount of damage, and it is useless. By the time you are purified, there will be plenty of raid-wide damage so fistweaving may not be an option until geared very highly, I would say around 550+

Immerseus:

HEALING SPHERE: Drops three down where a puddle is supposed to land. Probably won't heal it to full unless one or two of them crit (go for that crit build guys) but it still makes a huge dent.

Chi Burst is a must. Shoot that through a puddle or two and they will instantly be healed to full (assuming you're well enough geared).

RJW: Preference here. RJW might help if puddles are stacked.

More coming soon...

Honestly, RJW is pretty meh.. I've been defaulting tiger for a lot of fights cause the eminence is pretty decent.

Tiger is good on some fights. My guild has only gotten the first four bosses down but we've only spent about 6 hours in there. For Immerseus, the Eminence is good for all the people spread out. RJW can be useful if you have a lot of blobs stacked and Chi Burst doesn't get them all to full.

For Protectors:

I went with Chi Wave for awhile but it was a pretty close range fight for the most part and ended up benefiting a lot more from Chi Burst. It depends on how your group acts in terms of grouping up or spreading out.

I typically use Diffuse Magic for the fights as I very rarely take more than 20% health within 45 seconds and Diffuse typically saves you more if you know when a big hit is about to come.

Went with RJW for this fight as my group was typically grouped pretty close... but Chi Torpedo would probably have been more beneficial with the zero mana cost. Just trying to get a hang of the new RJW.

Norushen:

Chi Wave is best, imo. Especially when you go to get purified, the mana-free damage bonus is nice. Gets you out faster. Didn't try Chi Burst on Flex or Normal though.

Majority of the damage is less than 20% health so I stuck with Diffuse again. If you get in a tight spot where you're at low health and it could be a second or two before you receive a heal, this will save you. Always. 

Probably the best fight out of the first four for Tiger. Using it in the purifying zone will seriously help the add drop faster, keep the friendly dudes up, and provide DPS bonuses throughout the fight.

(If for some reason you weren't already using Chi Brew, you need it for this fight.)

Pride:

Chi Burst worked really well when we stacked. Especially after his big AoE burst, we would stack up again and the Chi Burst would get pretty much everyone to full.

Diffuse worked really well with the Sha's big AoE bursts... Dampen Harm is much more helpful during the burn phase though. Next week I'll definitely use DH.

I used Tiger in Flex and RJW in Normal. I've read a lot of people saying RJW really helps but I think Chi Torpedo would far surpass it for any point in the raid when you're stacked. Saves a lot of mana. The Tiger Eminence is nice but I don't think as helpful for most of the fight.

Galakras : Xuen is pretty cool with P1 since there is a lot of add. Used ROP also to lower damage on tank and/or cs shamans every time it was up.

Leg Sweep can be usefull too if you stay close to PNJ to avoid Bonecrushers casting fracture if your raid haven't any other stun

Iron Juggernaut : Used Xuen on siege phase, and zen meditation before mines explode... Dampen Harm works if you have to stomp a mine. Let me know if you have any other advices !

Honestly, RJW is pretty meh.. I've been defaulting tiger for a lot of fights cause the eminence is pretty decent.

I have found it to be more useful than Xuen when healing 4+ targets as you can use it during every instance of AoE burst and you don't have to leave the stack point. An extra 20-30k hps on up to 6 targets is extremely useful as long as you can sustain it since you can cast all of your other spells while it is up, I use a 50% haste and 12k spirit build to sustain it. I'm not a fan of Xuen for incoming AoE damage as he can only heal 2 targets at once.

It all depends on your healer composition though, I heal with 2 priests who main spec disc so I tend to focus more on AoE than I do on single target.

I have found it to be more useful than Xuen when healing 4+ targets as you can use it during every instance of AoE burst and you don't have to leave the stack point. An extra 20-30k hps on up to 6 targets is extremely useful as long as you can sustain it since you can cast all of your other spells while it is up, I use a 50% haste and 12k spirit build to sustain it. I'm not a fan of Xuen for incoming AoE damage as he can only heal 2 targets at once.

It all depends on your healer composition though, I heal with 2 priests who main spec disc so I tend to focus more on AoE than I do on single target.

Could you post some logs? I would love to compare.

Honestly, I'm not that great at theorycrafting, i let others who enjoy it more and I just read what they say and usually can understand their reasonings.

Here is a blog I read that trys to debunk using RJW:http://bestmonk.eu/?p=130 

While this one tries to see whichs fights specifically work well with the other two choices.: http://bestmonk.eu/?p=69

The difference though between you and me, is you say you are "running a high spirit build to maintain it" Which IMO is totally wrong.  Where are you getting that spirit from? Are you sacrificing a lot of crit for it thus making your heals hit for less? If so, I think you're just gimping yourself to excessively use a watered down spell when the rest of your spells could be healing for more.

Monks already don't need spirit past 5100, theres no reason to lose out of a throughput stat for a sustainability stat when you we can sustain just fine.

Could you post some logs? I would love to compare.

Honestly, I'm not that great at theorycrafting, i let others who enjoy it more and I just read what they say and usually can understand their reasonings.

Here is a blog I read that trys to debunk using RJW:http://bestmonk.eu/?p=130

While this one tries to see whichs fights specifically work well with the other two choices.: http://bestmonk.eu/?p=69

The difference though between you and me, is you say you are "running a high spirit build to maintain it" Which IMO is totally wrong.  Where are you getting that spirit from? Are you sacrificing a lot of crit for it thus making your heals hit for less? If so, I think you're just gimping yourself to excessively use a watered down spell when the rest of your spells could be healing for more.

Monks already don't need spirit past 5100, theres no reason to lose out of a throughput stat for a sustainability stat when you we can sustain just fine.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/46439/

World of Logs confuses the crap out of me. I'll leave it to you to find what you need.

I have high spirit for a variety of reasons RJW is not one of them. Mainly it is because I only recently got my meta (a month ago) so I am still working on getting comfortable with lower amounts of spirit, the other reasons are it being a new patch I would rather err on the side of too much spirit rather than not enough and I have been playing a monk since we had terrible mana regen, Mana Tea crits ftw! I plan on having around 9k when I get my legendary cloak.

Oh and spirit has always been the single most important throughput stat in the game for healers until you hit the cap, that cap varies from person to person and you should never call somebody "wrong" for using the amount of spirit they are most comfortable with

Edit: that "RJW debunk" is a load of crap. It is based on an old PTR build where RJW healed less than it does now. They also seem to think it is less chi gen which it clearly is not, it takes a GCD to cast for 1 chi and allows you to cast other spells leaving you at roughly the same chi gen with more overall healing. However it is only viable when you can benefit through the entire fight.

Edit 2: I realized I came across as rude in my wall of text, let me assure you that it was not intended.

Edited by Sacridfire

Well,  Your right about spirit, but that applies to OTHER healers.  I really does not apply to monks because of our mana tea mechanics.  I've seen MANY people run with a low spirit build and ever since the patch hit I've had even more mana AND tea stacks with the same build.. Srsly, if I start overusing my mana, i have 20 stacks to drink.  I drink about half in 5 seconds and boom in full on mana. The only thing holding you back from mana is either faulty play or not enough crit.   Like you I don't want to sound rude in this post, but its just the trend I see with most people not stacking enough crit.

The "debunk" post you are correct it was based off a previous version, which I didn't realise when I posted it but it was mainly because he STILL in newer posts  (on MMO champ and his blog) keeps saying that RJW is not worth using over Xuen or Chi torpedo.  That was just the most direct version I saw.  I don't want to say "he is the law and he knows what he is talking about so everyone should do it" but I very much tend to agree with what he says.  If you don't like it then go ahead and ignore it.

I'll look though some of the logs later. Thanks for them.

Well,  Your right about spirit, but that applies to OTHER healers.  I really does not apply to monks because of our mana tea mechanics.  I've seen MANY people run with a low spirit build and ever since the patch hit I've had even more mana AND tea stacks with the same build.. Srsly, if I start overusing my mana, i have 20 stacks to drink.  I drink about half in 5 seconds and boom in full on mana. The only thing holding you back from mana is either faulty play or not enough crit.   Like you I don't want to sound rude in this post, but its just the trend I see with most people not stacking enough crit.

The "debunk" post you are correct it was based off a previous version, which I didn't realise when I posted it but it was mainly because he STILL in newer posts  (on MMO champ and his blog) keeps saying that RJW is not worth using over Xuen or Chi torpedo.  That was just the most direct version I saw.  I don't want to say "he is the law and he knows what he is talking about so everyone should do it" but I very much tend to agree with what he says.  If you don't like it then go ahead and ignore it.

I'll look though some of the logs later. Thanks for them.

It isn't that I disagree with him saying RJW isn't worth it. I just think it is something that needs a large sample size before coming to any conclusions since different stats distributions could potentially make its value skyrocket. Only time will tell.

My guild just downed Galakras as well. I ended up using Xuen and Chi Burst for that fight, so those logs are up there now as well.

When it comes to RJW, it is definitely a lot better than it was in 5.3. Whether or not it's the talent you go for... that really depends on the fight. But when it comes down to it, RJW is good when people are stacked and Chi Torpedo is BETTER for stacked players. You can Torpedo through them 2-3 times with NO mana cost. It does a tiny bit of damage if any mobs around but its healing is pretty great. The only situation in which RJW would be better I'm now finding is if the fight really requires you to maintain that stack and breaking it even for a second or two is not a priority? Are there a lot of fights like that? No. (I'm not familiar with the heroics of Siege though)

When it comes to RJW, it is definitely a lot better than it was in 5.3. Whether or not it's the talent you go for... that really depends on the fight. But when it comes down to it, RJW is good when people are stacked and Chi Torpedo is BETTER for stacked players. You can Torpedo through them 2-3 times with NO mana cost. It does a tiny bit of damage if any mobs around but its healing is pretty great. The only situation in which RJW would be better I'm now finding is if the fight really requires you to maintain that stack and breaking it even for a second or two is not a priority? Are there a lot of fights like that? No. (I'm not familiar with the heroics of Siege though)

We should probably discuss RJW in a new thread rather than keeping this one off topic smile.png

RJW scales extremely well off of haste while Chi Torpedo doesn't and it leaves roll open for following mechanics if needed. From the 5 bosses I have done I would say RJW > Chi Torpedo on Norushen(RJW is more raw healing and there is very little overhealing on Norushen) and Sha of Pride. Sha of Pride is staying stacked most of the fight and splitting temporarily during reflections and the shadow crash type attack during later swelling prides, you wouldn't fully benefit from chi torpedo.

In the end though it all comes down to group composition and personal preference.

Edit: You mentioned that Chi Torpedo has no mana cost, which really isn't too much of a big deal for a Monk anymore.

Edited by Sacridfire

Mana does come into account when using RJW with it's relatively expensive mana cost. If you want to have a fair amount of uptime on it, you need more spirit. And even if it does scale well with haste, we don't really need much haste at this point. Besides reaching whatever breakpoint your gear allows, haste isn't really a big deal anymore.

RJW chi gen: forgot to mention, yes RJW has less chi Gen than SCK does because many many monks have a cancel aura macro to end SCK at the end of the buff to cast it quickly. Thus allowing you to gain a chi quicker w/o sacrificing too much healing. This was especially useful during a meta proc for free aoe healing.

Because of the cooldown on RJW this is not possible.

Blackfuse - Crackling Jade Lightening works well to take down bombs. Decent way to have something to do since the fight isn't very healing intensive.

Thok - When you push him out of phase when he has the poison ability from the left door near entrance use Revival to clear it. 

-----------------------------------

Okay so what I've found from Garrosh.

Chi Torpedo way out preforms other tier choices on this fight. Unless you are trouble with dps then xuen might help. If you've got people that are slow moving outta desecrate be slow with them and Chi Torpedo out with them. It helps top everyone up.

Glyph of Spinning Crane Kick is useful for the transition to move quickly and keep RJW going for healing everyone.

This is a fight where it would be helpful to be flagged as melee as a mistweaver - but nope you count as ranged so stay the heck outta melee.

Ring of Peace works great for silencing MC's in last phase but wait until the first one starts casting.

There is plenty of downtime to cast Mana Tea.

Edited by Miamonkey

For Immerseus

I found that this macro works very neatly

/target Contaminated Puddle
/cast "Your favourite heal here"

This works for plenty of fights where you have to heal non-player targets btw.

Transcendence can be used to port through the huge swirl beam

For Sha of Pride

I dropped the Transcendence spirit on the stacked raid so when I am released from the far prison I can get back fast. (This was used on ww monk btw) A Demonic Gateway is also very much usefull, but that is not concerning monks.

The Celerity/Chi Torpedo combo is very usefull, Rushing Jade Wind is also a very good choice.

Chi Wave is totally useless since your raid will be stacked pretty much the entire fight. Choose one of the other talents

For t4 talents there is not much to say, maybe Leg Sweep comes in handy for reflections.

Glyph of Zen Meditation and Glyph of Renewing Mists are both utterly useless for this fight and you should clear them to make room for usefull glyphs. Glyph of Targeted Expulsion will fit in perfectly here.

if you're dispelling Glyph of Detox can provide you with some extra healing

Galakras

Momentum is better if you go up in a tower. Celerity is better for later parts of the fight.

Chi Burst is best with the amount of adds that you typically fight at once. Help a LOT during Phase 2.

I used Ring of Peace on one of the tanks whenever it was up. Just choose whichever one benefits your group the most.

Dampen Harm or Diffuse Magic. Depends on your preference and how harm you typically get hit during Phase 2.

Xuen is great for this fight. Keeps the raid at full anytime it fights a group of adds. Plus it's a nice little DPS boost against Galakras in Phase 2.

Iron Juggernaut

I went with Celerity for this fight as a lot of movement was involved.

I did much more healing with Chi Wave than Chi Burst.

Dampen Harm is really useful on this fight if used correctly.

Xuen again. Eminence healing helps keep people up if they're spread out more.

Dark Shaman

I used Momentum during our attempts but I think Celerity would be better with the amount of movement involved.

Chi Wave. Raid is generally spread out and there aren't really adds unless you count the wolves at the beginning.

Diffuse Magic can save you hardcore here. If something goes wrong and you get too close to slimes or someone is about to drop Foul Stream on you, this will keep you alive and nearly at full health. Be quick with it though. 

Xuen for this fight again. There aren't really situations that constitute the use of RJW or Torpedo.

Nazgrim:

Celerity- Best if you have to avoid a lot of Heroic Shockwaves.

Chi Wave- The adds and the raid are so spread out, there's no real use for Burst.

Ring of Peace might be good for the Shaman. Depends on how quick the rest of your group is.

Diffuse Magic- Great for getting rid of Magistrike if you get it on you. Helps with Arcane Shock too.

Xuen- great DPS boost for the fight and blankets the raid with small heals.

Make sure you use TFT if you think he's going to hit 70 rage soon and cast War Song. 2 Uplifts, 2 Chi Brews, and another 2 Uplifts after a War Song will get everyone to full in about 3 seconds. Very fucking useful.

Malkorak

Celerity- A lot of movement in this fight and you might have to roll a LOT.

Chi Wave- entirely single target fight

Diffuse Magic- If you're taking some of the Imploding Energies, this is perfect. Switch off between DM and Zen Meditation to absorb them and you'll be fine. Pop Fortifying Brew for them as well if you think it's necessary.

Xuen- Again, this is the best. The raid needs to be constantly blanketed in heals and this is the best talent for it.

I would suggest saving Fortifying Brew for his Endless Rage phase. Pop that and you'll be set for most of it. Make sure you have TFT up for this and pop a Revival if you have it. Chances are, you won't get two of these phases.

Spoils of Pandaria

Celerity- Another movement intensive fight. Great for snagging those Matter Swaps.

Chi Burst- This time around there are a lot of mobs up at once. Burst will dominate.

Leg Sweep- Great for all those small mobs. Charging Ox might be better but I prefer Sweep. 

Dampen Harm- This fight it's kind of up to you. I would go with Dampen Harm just in case. There's a chance you'll get some not-so-pleasant melee hits.

Xuen- Especially if your side needs a little more DPS, this is god. Use it whenever the tank pulls an asston of shit.

Galakras (10N)

I prefer Chi Torpedo and Chi Burst for this fight, purely for the last phase. When you get targeted by his fireball you chi torpedo to the back of the line, this tops everyone up for the incoming blast. Then after the blast you chi burst and chi torpedo to your inital position in the line. If you're not getting targeted you can still do the above combo inbetween fireballs.

I go up in the towers purely to fistweave to make them faster, we usually kill the miniboss before his initial special attack goes off. Then AoE to kill the adds.

Also don't forget you can disarm all the adds in this fight. So use Ring of Peace and Grapple weapon for a healing boost.

Nazgrim (10N)

This is a fistweaving fight. There's not that much damage going out, plus with our BK cleave it helps kill the banners and any near-by adds. Take Xuen and use him on Berserker stance. Disarm the adds and punch stuff till they're dead.

Kor'Kron Dark Shaman:

It should be noted that stuns do work on the slimes. I take Charging Ox Wave and stun 80-90% of them, making cleave easier.

Using Xuen here is a good idea, since the bosses are generally tanked close enough for him to cleave both bosses, giving more healing. I don't like using Chi Torpedo, as there is a lot of stuff you need to avoid, and the increased range on Chi Torpedo over roll can take you right through an ashen wall or toxic storm if you're not careful.