FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Siege of Orgrimmar Holy Paladin Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Holy Paladins attempting bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread smile.png

Table of Contents

Before we begin the list, there's an amazing tips, tricks, glyphs and talents mini guide:

Immerseus

Tips:

Links:

The Fallen Protectors

Tips:

Links:

Norushen

Tips:

Links:

Sha of Pride

Tips:

Links:

Galakras

Tips:

Links:

Iron Juggernaut

Tips:

Links:

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Tips:

Links:

General Nazgrim

Tips:
Links:

Malkorok

Tips:
Links:

Spoils of Pandaria

Tips:
Links:

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Tips:

Links:

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Tips:
Links:

Paragons of the Klaxxi

Tips:
Links:

Garrosh Hellscream

Tips:

Links:

Can take ability_paladin_clemency.jpgClemency on The Fallen Protectors to get rid of Garotte, a DoT with unlimited time that has been put on random raid members. This is perfect to keep it off healers and ranged DPS and will help a lot with the overall damage going on. 

• Like 2

Updates with your suggestion, thanks! The style might be a bit patchy depending on who does it - we're very busy ATM and once things relax a bit we'll think about cleaning things up.

Keep those suggestions coming! :)

I'd suggest Holy Prism for the 1st, 3rd, and 4th boss. Light's Hammer for 2nd and 5th boss.

With the boss being in the center of the room with a fairly nice sized hit box your Holy Prisms should be able to hit everyone in the room.

Light's hammer seems nice when the group has to stack inside that bubble for the second boss. Light's Hammer also seems fairly decent since you are able to loosely stack during the first phase(especially if you are going up on the tower) and for the second phase since all of the range and Melee are nicely stacked with each other

Edit: I'd suggest Holy Prism for the 6th boss as well.You should be able to hit the majority of the raid even when you find the need to run from the Borer Drill or in the air for whatever reason.

• Like 1

Can take ability_paladin_clemency.jpgClemency on The Fallen Protectors to get rid of Garotte, a DoT with unlimited time that has been put on random raid members. This is perfect to keep it off healers and ranged DPS and will help a lot with the overall damage going on. 

Not a bad suggestion. I may have to look at that for heroic. Didn't really feel like the healing was bad enough to do it in normal though.

• Like 1

I'd suggest Holy Prism for the 1st, 3rd, and 4th boss. Light's Hammer for 2nd and 5th boss.

With the boss being in the center of the room with a fairly nice sized hit box your Holy Prisms should be able to hit everyone in the room.

Light's hammer seems nice when the group has to stack inside that bubble for the second boss. Light's Hammer also seems fairly decent since you are able to loosely stack during the first phase(especially if you are going up on the tower) and for the second phase since all of the range and Melee are nicely stacked with each other

Edit: I'd suggest Holy Prism for the 6th boss as well.You should be able to hit the majority of the raid even when you find the need to run from the Borer Drill or in the air for whatever reason.

Added your tips, keep them coming!!

Devotion Aura is invaluable for Thok the Bloodthirsty phase 1 by stopping interrupts from Deafening Screeches. If timed well, you can get a Devotion Aura effect through two, maybe three Screeches. Clemency can also be given to a druid or Holy priest, allowing a tranq/Divine Hymn during Screeches

• Like 1

On Galakras: Healers should watch the adds that charge the NPC's, you can stun those with hammer of justice / fist of justice.

On Iron Juggernaut: You can use Blessing of Protection to detonate any mines.

• Like 1

In regards to Holy Prism / Light's Hammer I'd say that on Norushen you can use either one. I like to take Light's Hammer because I love how the spell works and because we're pretty much stacked the entire time anyway. Holy Prism probably works better if your raid group tends to be more spread out. One thing I take into consideration here is that this fight gets a lot harder towards the end. For the burn phase you'll usually all stack and Light's Hammer feels a lot stronger there. Everyone is constantly taking damage (so it's constantly healing) and it also shield's everyone every 2 seconds. So strong!

On Galakras: Healers should watch the adds that charge the NPC's, you can stun those with hammer of justice / fist of justice.

On Iron Juggernaut: You can use Blessing of Protection to detonate any mines.

Yeah, BoP is very strong on Iron Juggernaut. I've also been able to take some mines without cooldowns other then a mastery shield of myself by using a large heal before I take it.

A massive note on using spell_holy_fistofjustice.jpgFist of Justice: it can miss. We had our Bonecrushers assigned on call and when I called for the next stun on one and it missed it was pretty unexpected. I missed 2 out of 10 stuns, if I remember the logs correctly.

• Like 1

On Dark Shaman you can Hand of Protection players (or yourself) who get stuck to get through the wall, they'll be immune to the melee hits from it. 

Edited by Mmore
  • Like 1

(This got super long and I am not 100% on all the tactics.  Feel free to correct anything.  I noticed that this part of the forums generally drops off with advice on the later bosses so I'm throwing out all my advice here.  Note that this is from a 10 man raid group for normal modes and I will try to add heroic info as we slowly slowly get there.)

(From Fouton: This is a great guide, and I'm going to do some minor corrections with this font colour)

Our group finally got all normal modes down, here's what I found useful:

Immerseus:

• Use Speed of Light to move quickly to groups of adds/your area during the split phase
  • Holy Prism is awesome on this boss (and every other boss with a major case of big booty/junk in the trunk bigass hit box)
  • Glyph of Flash of Light is great for this to heal multiple adds (heal all adds in your area at least once to slow them down, then stand near them when they get to full health to get a buff)
  • Use devo aura as adds are joining the body again to avoid big raid damage
  • Have Holy Avenger ready near the end of the fight to heal more adds as there are more healing adds near the end

(Heroic Immerseus:)

• Be aware of the debuff stacks on your dps/tanks and figure out beforehand if anyone is going to keep attacking the boss during swelling corruption - anything over 6-7 stacks is going to be very intense damage.
  • It will probably be your job to gather up adds by means of turning on Righteous Fury.  You may want to have an assigned space clear of void zones for you to meet the tank after you attract all the adds.

Fallen Protectors:

• Take Light's Hammer for stacking up in the purple bubbles and yellow circles
  • Clear Garrote from targets with hand of protection and follow immediately with hand of freedom (over writes HoP so your raid members are not annoyed)
  • Glyph of Hand of Sacrifice is great for heavy tank damage on this fight
  • Be prepared to dispel shadow word: bane immediately so you aren't spending mana healing more targets as the debuff jumps around

Norushen:

• Holy Prism vs. Light's Hammer will be based on whether or not your team stacks up lot.  I go with Holy Prism for the most part.  If you take Light's Hammer, be careful to time it appropriately so the beam of death doesn't cause your group to move out of it.
  • Know your tank rotation for going into the test realm and try to slap some mastery shields on them right before they go in
  • When in the test realm yourself, have friendly name plates turned on so you can see your 3 friendlies.  If you use a healing addon, make sure you have enabled frames for them.  Keep your allies health high so they do more damage and look for blue bubbles around the one that needs a dispel.

(Heroic Norushen:)

• Very similar to normal mode and very approachable fight
  • You may not go into the test realm in heroic as a healer because of the tight enrage and need for extra dps (I did not find it necessary for me to go in personally although you may want to send in at least 1 of your healers)

Sha of Pride:

• Speed of light is helpful to release raid members from prison and it lasts long enough for you to run to the far release button (on the left side if you are stack on the back of the boss) and back during the speed boost
  • Light's Hammer is great since your group should be stacked most of the fight
  • Stay on top of your dispels if you get gift, it can get away from you quickly (I think this still works: if you get more pride than the other healers on the first self reflection, you can force yourself to get gift in case your other healers aren't keeping up with the dispels)
  • Devo aura right before a swelling pride reduces raid damage

(Heroic Sha of Pride:)

• Your group cannot all stack tightly for heroic mode so you may find Light's Hammer less valuable
  • You should let DPS and tanks handle prisons, but still take Speed of Light to grab the purple cracks on the ground (ask your group to allow you and other healers to get the closer ones so you don't have to run all over the place)

Galakras:

• Fist of Justice is great for stunning bonecrushers
  • Speed of light is great if you are going up towers
  • Use Hand of Protection on your friendly NPCs that get fractured
  • I like Light's Hammer for this fight and due to the long fight you will get a lot of use out of it during adds and end phase
  • Consider the minor Glyph of the Falling Avenger to slowfall so you can jump off the tower and have a healing boost when you get down there (pop right before you hit the ground). If you don't want to use this, just use Hand of Protection of Divine Shield instead.
  • Be prepared for a quick dispel on the first tower to save your mates from getting slowed and knocked off. If it's on cooldown, Hand of Freedom works as well.

(Heroic Galakras:)

• Very similar to normal but the problem with this fight is that its long, so wiping after 12 minutes is a horrible feeling especially on heroic
  • Be extra aware of your 3 friendly npcs on heroic mode - that fracture is a huge pain.  Several of our wipes happened because we lost an npc even though everything else was going perfect - make sure to use your hand of protections here and take the Clemency talent to have 2 of them
  • You can heal your dps protecting the tower through the hill, so no need to run up there, just scoot over to the side until you can reach everyone

Iron Juggs:

• Holy Prism if your group won't stack up, Light's Hammer if they will (I go Holy Prism due to frequent annoying mechanics)
  • Speed of Light so you can run back quick if you get a super far knockback
  • Go Clemency to help out with bomb popping (you can clear 2 bombs on a single bubble or HoP if you go quick) and also make use of your mastery shield to reduce tank damage or your own

(Heroic Iron Juggs:)

• Damage throughout the fight is spiky and hard hitting with many 1 shot mechanics, so plan out your cooldown use before entering combat
  • Coordinate major cooldowns for Shock Pulse (devo aura can be used once per seige phase and should be popped a few seconds before the shock pulse is cast so that you can use it again next time)
    The popular method is to use the first Shock Pulse to knock to whole group way back away from the boss and use raid CDs for each pulse while staying 8 yards apart
  • I would recommend Holy Prism over Light's Hammer because you shouldn't be stacked. You can use Holy Prism on the crawler mines to heal the people around them, although the will not take damage.
  • Use Speed of Light to escape the Borer Drills. They move pretty slow so you can run quickly with a speed boost to cast, then run some more, then cast.  If your boost is not up, run directly away from the drills without stopping - they hit super hard.
  • I highly recommend Holy Avenger + Eternal Flame for this fight because you will be moving a lot and have to interrupt your own casts to move out of mechanics.  HOTs help.
    The method I used was to pop holy avenger slightly before the tanks pull to blanket the raid with 3HP EF's so that the CD for holy avenger is back up right before the phase transition where you're about to take lots of damage, then use it on CD
  • Coordinate your hands of sacrifice with your tank's cooldowns for popping the mines (glyph for hand of sac)

Dark Shaman:

• Holy Prism all the way on this, no way you can rely on being stacked up
  • Speed of Light to move quickly if you get out of range
  • Bubble/HoP to move through the line of rock guys
  • Remember to Devo before the big falling meteor hits the ground
  • Keep an eye on toxic mist debuff and throw out extra heals on those people 
  • Hand of Sac on tanks can be a life saver but make sure you take the glyph (combo of Glyph of Sac and Clemency reduces a lot of damage and saves your mana)

(Heroic Dark Shaman:)

• We used the method where you split up so you may be healing a smaller group - you can perform equally well for either boss group, but you will need to know what you're doing so you can talent and glyph appropriately
  • Use hand of purity to reduce damage in the last few seconds of toxic mist
  • Consider putting beacon of light on yourself rather than a tank as you may actually be taking more damage than the tanks, depending on your group's method
  • Have devo aura ready for when falling ash hits - but keep in mind that it may only benefit your small group if you are split up
  • Have a plan for placing the Iron tombs - put them in a row or pattern so you don't clutter up your area (they only do damage right before they appear, so you can stack them right next to each other to save space)
  • Iron Prison: you can bubble yourself and use hand of protection on others, but you can use absorb shield as well if you don't have bubbles up, just make sure your target is topped off and has a small shield from Illuminated Healing and they should not die

General Nazgrim:

• Holy Prism again here because you can't really stack (just make sure you are not hitting the boss during defensive stance - look for the banner next to him and hit that instead if you need to heal the tanks and there are no adds out)
  • Fist of Justice to stun adds (particularly the super annoying spinning ones)
  • Make sure you can easily track who has different debuffs: Bonecrusher and Assassin's Mark needs extra heals, Magistrike needs to be dispelled ASAP) If a ton of people get magistrike, use devo aura while dispels are going out to reduce damage)

Malkorok:

• #1 for this fight is make sure you can track the shield debuffs (Weak Ancient Barrier, Ancient Barrier and Strong Ancient Barrier) and keep in mind that your mastery shield works on top of these shields which helps them not to break
  • I like Eternal Flame for this to keep shields up and use Holy Avenger at the start of the fight to get the shields on quickly
  • Light's Hammer - this is a must have for the Blood Rage phase if you are stacking up, if not, the tank who's soloing the rage would benefit from Execution sentence if applied right before Blood Rage begins.
  • Don't use the minor glyph for falling avenger unless you want to get stuck slowfalling and caught in the slam (not that that happened to me)
  • Communicate with your raid member when you dispel Displaced Energy to make sure they are outside of the group

Spoils of Pandaria:

• This is a 2 heal fight so know that you will be on your own for your group of 5 (use Glyph of Light of Dawn to hit less people for more healing)
  • Keep an eye pealed for the healing buff after killing the healing spirit guy (you must click on the orb on the ground to get the buff).  Then try to stand behind all your dps, angled toward the tank to hit everyone with the wave of heals that come out of you.
  • Take Holy Prism because you will be moving A LOT
  • Take Speed of Light to move out of bad stuff or into the red switchy beams (you are a good choice to get the far beam because you will be in the back of the group already to use the healing wave)
  • Be aware that Torment will jump to a new target when dispelled.  Do not dispel this right away because it increases in damage the longer it is on a target.  Wait until it has a few stacks and then dispel.  You will need to continue dispelling this until the ritualist dies.

Thok the Dinosaur:

• Speed of Light is a must for this fight so you can run away and not get eaten (Your bubble will NOT save you)
  • Light's Hammer is also a must, use it for the stacked phases
  • Use devo aura to avoid interrupts during the stacked phases
  • Holy Avenger is good for the stacked phases as well when paired with eternal flame
  • There will come a point that you cannot cast fast enough to keep the phase going when stacked - communicate with your raid team at that point if they want to push it. There's really nothing you can do after a certain point aside from saving your devo and light's hammer until later in the phase.

Siegecrafter Blackfuse:

• Consider practicing the dark arts or selling your soul in exchange for the trinket off this guy, it's pretty great
  • Take Speed of Light - the room is big and there is a lot of stuff you will want to run away from/toward
  • Fist of Justice will stun the little bomb adds
  • Depending on your raid make up, there is really no clear choice between Holy Prism/Light's Hammer.  You can't always stack up for Light's Hammer and there are not always enough people near targets for Holy Prism.

Paragons of too many bosses:

• Speed of light to get in position for Aim 
  • Fist of Justice to stun the bloods
  • I use Holy Prism over Light's Hammer because you with either be loosely stacked or spread out for mechanics
  • Use Hand of Sac + Clemency for high tank damage from Gouge and Shield Bash

Garrosh:

• Speed of Light - its a big room and you need to GTFO a lot (also useful for running through the dungeon phases - don't get left behind or miss a shield buff)
  • Fist of Justice to help stun mind controlled people
  • Light's Hammer is great for the dungeon phases where you are running around Garrosh trying to avoid the smash - throw it right on top of him and everyone running around in circles will benefit from it
  • Save Devo auro for right before the wheels smash into the wall and during whirling corruption
  • Glyph of Hand of Sac + Clemency helps reduce a lot of damage if adds are not going down fast enough
Edited by Lovestorybro
  • Like 1

Updated and gave your post its own opening before the guide's tips begin. Great post Lovestorybro, thanks for the big list!

Keep them coming guys, there's always more useful tips out there! :)

Hey everyone,

Aside from the tips already mentioned, here are a few things I have found useful thus far on these 2 fights:

Fallen Protectors:

I would use HA for this fight during high damage phases like Sun and Rooks DM phase. I normally use HA+GoAK for Rook (Inferno strike - Just spread 3HP EF) and then AW+DF for Sun (Dark Meditation). Especially useful on HC when inferno strike + Gourges can be very spikey.

Galakras:

The first thing I would like to add to this fight is that you should use Glyph of blinding light on this fight and use it on CD, helps with stunning adds.

As strange as this sounds and since I normally end up doing towers, I tend to use denounce alot to speed up killing the adds a bit. Not much, but every little bit helps.

Edited by Hanec

Updated and gave your post its own opening before the guide's tips begin. Great post Lovestorybro, thanks for the big list!

Keep them coming guys, there's always more useful tips out there! smile.png

Thanks for the update and corrections!  I plan to add more info on this for heroic versions as we get to them.

During Empowered Whirling Corruption, I pop Divine Shield so I can stay in place and heal. Not having to worry about the explosions when the adds come out.

During EWC, I pop Divine Shield so I can stay in place and heal. Not having to worry about the explosions when the adds come out.

What is EWC, by chance?