FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shine

Siege of Orgrimmar Discipline Priest Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Discipline Priests attempting bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread smile.png

Table of Contents

Immerseus

Tips:

- This fight isn't actually as bad for disc as I first expected, so here's a few things I found helpful for the fight.

Boss phase:

- I raid in a 10 man and the positioning of the boss meant I was out of actual healing range of the tanks, but the healing in the "boss" phase isn't too intensive so you can Atone your little hearts out.  It's also good for building up the stacks of Evangelism, ready to get that 25% healing increase for the tricky add phase.

Add phase:

- To begin with, you won't get too many healing adds but they will become more and more each time the phase repeats.  

- 1st phase I popped Archangel, Inner Focus and used Flash Heal to get the mob up.  Make sure you're on top of the add when it dies, you gain a healing buff and a mana return (I think?).  After that, I used SS to get people up to reduce the damage owhen the adds reach the centre.

- Whens more adds spawned, I used Halo (here's a WoL link to show Halo was the top heal overall for the adds: http://www.worldoflo...czr/details/48/) to get them all slowed, then spammed flash heal. Again, saving my Inner Focus and Archangel for the add phase.

On Immerseus Split phase: you can also get up a void shift health swap (preferably in a later split), and Leap of faith will pull a healing puddle back to you for more healing. Cannot rec Halo enough smile.png Void tendrils will CC the DPS adds which you can help smite after healing ones are down (pffft if there is anything left to play with.)

• 5th Talent tier: A good choice of talent here is spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate, since the adds you are heaing starts with very low health. This means every time you are healing adds you'll have a stable 15% healing buff.
  • 6th Talent tier:
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade - If lucky it can bounce on MANY of the adds. Kepe in mind it only can bounce 3 times!
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpg Divine Star - Short CD, tho not a big heal.
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo - If used at propper timing, this heal is the biggest of all threee, tho you have to move around alot to be able to get the 25% healing buff from adds whn they are fully healed.
  • Good idea for this fight is also to have ability_priest_archangel.jpg Archangel ready for the add phases.

Links:

The Fallen Protectors

Tips:

Dispel bane ASAP and use mass dispel to clean it up if you need to. Keep PoM out as much as possible. PW:S anyone you know is going to take damage (garrote, sha sear, inferno strike targets, etc.). Spirit Shell before Sun's desperate measures and barrier inside her bubble. Halo times pretty well with calamity. This is a great fight for atonement. I did 90k DPS on this one.

• 5th Talent tier: Since there is many add phases, spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate is properly the best choice.
  • 6th Talent tier: depending on what stack/spread tactic your raid is using, you should use either Cascade or Halo. Cascade when stacked. Halo when spreaded, but also has the ability to give u spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate buff, IF it hits a low health adds, so basiclly it should be timed.
    Reason why i dont mention Divine Star, is that i dont rly find this talent very good for this fight since it wont always be able to heal tanks.

• ability_shaman_astralshift.jpg Spirit Shell is very good to pre-stack before Sun Tenderheart goes to hers Deperate Measures phases.
  • Usage of spell_holy_powerwordbarrier.jpg Power Word: Barrier is nice during Sun Tenderheart's Deperate Measures phase, nice you are supposed to stack within it.
  • Good idea for this fight is also to have ability_priest_archangel.jpg Archangel ready for the Deperate Measures phases.

Links:

Norushen

Tips:

- Try and be the first of your healers to go down if possible.  Clearing your Corruption buffs not only your healing, but your dps, meaning Atonement will heal for more.  When in the other realm, I just dps'd down the add.  In 10 man, we had 1 orb specifically for the dps and one for the tank and healers.

- Try to avoid soaking as long as possible.  Let the dps do it until around 50%, then rotate the soaking between healers and tanks (if possible) to allow the dps to burn down the boss quickly.

- Given the raid will be stacked, Divine Star will do a lot of healing (had previously mentioned Halo - but got my bosses mixed up!).  

- Spirit Shell is useful when the adds are up and dealing raid damage, I just used it on CD.

Halo is a great talent for this fight - just pop it as soon as your personal scenario starts.  You start at max range from the NPCs which you need to heal, so you can basically have them all nearly full within 5 seconds of the scenario start.  At which point Glyph of binding heal will help you top them off before you start atonement on the mini-boss.  Just make sure to dispel the debuff when it comes out and move out of the pools at your feet and you'll be out in less than 30 seconds.

• 5th Talent tier: Since there is many adds here, and you deal less dmg (less healing with ability_priest_atonement.jpg Atonement) then adds are prefered for you here. Which means spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate should be the best choice for this fight.
  • 6th Talent tier: Since there is no reason NOT to spread out during encounter. Either ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade or spell_priest_divinestar.jpg Divine Star would be the best choice.
    Though keep in mind if your raid is spread out, you should prioritse ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo, since it not only have big heals on players being spread but also hitting adds, which can result in benefit of spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate.

Links:

Sha of Pride

Tips:

- Again, given the raid will be mostly stacked, Divine Star will do a lot of healing.

- Body and Soul good to shield yourself or others to quickly release those affected by Corrupted Prison

- Try and get the Power buff whenever possible, then Atone your little hearts out.

- Spirit Shell for Swelling Pride, Barrier also useful for this as well.

Glyph of Purify - Mass dispel will not work for the debuff in this fight, so If you end up getting stuck with Gift of the Titans, this should help toss in some extra healing on those you're dispelling. 

Spirit Shell - Start building up a full spirit shield as soon as you're out of the prison phase and you can significantly reduce the raidwide damage that will go out from swelling pride when the boss nears 100 energy.

Body and Soul - Since healers can't be targeted for prison, be prepared to be assigned to help break people out of prison.  I found the speed boost helpful.

• 5th Talent tier: Since there is alot more healing needed in the last 30% of the encounter compared to the first part, cause of this spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate would be the best choice. Keep in mind help damaging the Manifestation of Pride will give you the buff aswell.
  • 6th Talent tier: During this fight your raid should be stacked so spell_priest_divinestar.jpg Divine Star would be best!

Links:

Galakras

Tips:

Disc / Holy priests should be assign to tower healing - A single mass dispel will cover everyone who goes up on the first tower, and levitate will help negate the fall damage on the way down.

Spirit Shell on the pull to handle the high aoe damage from the first set of adds that come down the hill.

Halo - Cannot recommend this spell enough - if you stay positioned about 20 yards from where the waves of adds are being tanked, you can pretty much hit the entire raid with a 200k heal, plus a ton of damage on the adds which are there.  I found myself using halo on cooldown in this fight.  

Leap of Faith - If you can anticipate when your raid wants to start moving up a tower, you can position yourself on the hill near the tower door, still be in range to heal the raid, and be able to grip the tank as soon as you're ready to go.  It'll save the tank a long run around and up the hill, leaving him/her more time to dps the adds.

The damage in the final phase (when Galakras lands) ramps up incredibly high very quickly.  Be prepared to rotate through your entire raid's cooldowns with zero downtime in between.  Using spirit shell as the first cooldown as soon as Galakras lands will help because it should be off cooldown to use again later in this phase.

• 5th Talent Tier:
  1. spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate - With all the adds and ability_priest_atonement.jpg Atonement healing, then this is very superior for this fight. This makes a very high uptime of the buff.
  2. spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpg Power Infusion - Good situational, and very good if used together with ability_shaman_astralshift.jpg Spirit Shell for faster stacking and more benefit of both buffs. Same for phase 2, since there is alot more healing.
  3. spell_priest_burningwill.jpg Divine Insight - This is a good choice, and properly the best choice if your aiming for spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpg Mastery: Shield Discipline build. Though still keep in mind this is based on luck/proc from spell_holy_penance.jpg Penance, which ALSO has  9 sec CD.

• 6th Talent Tier:
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade - If your going Towers this talent aint very good, since firstly you wont get full benefit of the bounces. If your on ground this is quite decent, though keep in mind you'll still not get that many bounces.
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpg Divine Star - If your going towers this is the best choice, since not only does it heal targets within destination twice but you will also damage enemies. If your on ground this wouldn't be such a good choice since people are very spread and this ability isn't good healing for spread raid. Though for last phase this woul be VERY superior if your going wiht stack & outheal tactic
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo - If your going towers this is a decent-good choice, though keep in mind that the healing/damage done scales with distance between you and targets.If your staying on ground this ability would be realy superior since the raid is very spread out, but also
  • Overall it realy depends on where your going doing this fight (Towers or staying on Ground).
    If your going with ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo it should be timed with the ability_priest_archangel.jpg Archangel for maximum healing.
    Same with both spell_priest_divinestar.jpg Divine Star and ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade.

Links:

Iron Juggernaut

Tips:

- Life Grip can be used to get people down quickly when they've soaked a mine, especially useful if you want to try and have someone soak two.  Can either position yourself as close to the 2nd mine as possible, or if you're a lazy priest just have Body and Soul so they move quicker for a few seconds after being gripped!

• 5th Talent Tier:
  1. spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate - This fight doesn't have any adds, nor is there any special phase around 35% or less. So it doesn't really give you a big benefit for this fight.
  2. spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpg Power Infusion - Since this fight MAY have big burst healing from Crawler Mine & also during the SIEGE MODE, so this talent would be the best choice.
  3. spell_priest_burningwill.jpg Divine Insight - This is a good choice, and properly the best choice if your aiming for spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpg Mastery: Shield Discipline build. Though still keep in mind this is based on luck/proc from spell_holy_penance.jpg Penance, which ALSO has  9 sec CD.
  • Overall: The best choice would be spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpg Power Infusion, since this fight is all about situationals. And most damage is random from both Crawler Mine and for faster outheal during SIEGE MODE.

• 6th Talent Tier:
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade - Since the raid is spread out this talent is a good choice for a fairly increasement of raid healing during the whole fight. And chances of hitting all raid members is quite high.
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpg Divine Star - For this fight this talent isn't really a good choice, for several reasons. Some of them is that the raid ain't stacked but spread out so hitting most raid members possible is quite hard. Same for SIEGE MODE.
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo - This is also a good choice for this fight aslong as u position yourself with long ranged in between you, tanks & rest of the raid this ability will heal ALOT. (Should be timed as much as possible together with ability_priest_archangel.jpg Archangel.
  • Overall: For this fight it's all about sudden damage depending on failures on Crawler Mine.

• It's a good idea to pre-stack ability_shaman_astralshift.jpg Spirit Shell BEFORE SIEGE MODE begins.
  • Using spell_holy_penance.jpg Glyph of Penance is a REALLY good choice for this encounter since you wont get interupted by the Knock Back.
  • Using spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpg Power Word: Shield on tanks/raid members that soaks Crawler Mine is also good, and going with spell_holy_symbolofhope.jpg Body and Soul Talent really helps targets to move around especially during SIEGE MODE.

Links:

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Tips:

Lots of PW:S and atonement. Halo is great for helping eliminate adds or for recovering from falling ash. PoM is great for tanks and for toxic mist targets. Glyphed binding heal was also good on this one. Another great fight for atonement. Legendary DPS cloak is outstanding on this fight. I did 99.5k DPS on this fight and 23% of it was the cloak.

• 5th Talent Tier:
  1. spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate - Is a VERY good choice for this encounter, since there are many adds during this fight and therefore high uptime.
  2. spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpg Power Infusion - Is good for this fight though only for situational. Good if used together with ability_shaman_astralshift.jpg Spirit Shell for faster stacking or to quickly out heal inv_elemental_mote_fire01.jpg Falling Ash.
  3. spell_priest_burningwill.jpg Divine Insight - This is a good choice, and properly the best choice if your aiming for spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpg Mastery: Shield Discipline build. Though still keep in mind this is based on luck/proc from spell_holy_penance.jpg Penance, which ALSO has  9 sec CD.
  • Overall: spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate is proplerly the best choice cause of an directly 15% extra healing buff.

• 6th Talent Tier:
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade - Very good for this fight since people are VERY spread (Depending on tactic), should also be timed together with ability_priest_archangel.jpg Archangel.
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpg Divine Star - This isn't a very good choice for this fight since people are very spread out (Depending on tactic). Though if your raid are stacking this should definitely be used.
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo - This is a good ability though sometimes doing this encounter your raid members will be so much spread out that you wont get full benefit of it since, healing scales with distance.
  • Overall: ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade would be the best choice for all 3 of them since it does scale with distance like ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo, but also can it hit players further. Keep in mind if your raid is stacking as much as possible then spell_priest_divinestar.jpg Divine Star should be prioritised.

Links:

General Nazgrim

Tips:

- Void Tendrils good for the adds.

- Halo useful since the dps will be spread around a little bit.

- Spirit Shell when Nazgrim gets close to 70 rage in order to help mitigate some War Song damage.

• 5th Talent Tier:
  1. spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate - Is a VERY good choice for this encounter, since there are many adds during this fight and therefore high uptime.
  2. spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpg Power Infusion - Is good for this fight though only for situational. Good if used together with ability_shaman_astralshift.jpg Spirit Shell for faster stacking or to quickly out heal ability_warrior_rampage.jpg War Song.
  3. spell_priest_burningwill.jpg Divine Insight - This is a good choice, and properly the best choice if your aiming for spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpg Mastery: Shield Discipline build. Though still keep in mind this is based on luck/proc from spell_holy_penance.jpg Penance, which ALSO has  9 sec CD.
  • Overall: spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate is proplerly the best choice cause of an directly 15% extra healing buff.

• 6th Talent Tier:
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade - Good for this fight though for this fight the damage is instant and should be out healed as FAST as possible, bouncing doesn't benefit this much.
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpg Divine Star - Depending your positioning for this 
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo - This is a good ability though sometimes doing this encounter your raid members will be so much spread out that you wont get full benefit of it since, healing scales with distance.

Links:

Malkorok

Tips:

Halo. Halo, halo and MORE HALO. One Halo can easily be a million healing done here (m average non-crit was over 75k per target).

Spirit Shell before the pull and halo on the pull. Spirit Shell again before the blood rage phase. PW:S anyone soaking the puddles, penance anyone whose shield turns red or disappears. Leap of Faith or Levitate can save falling damage.

Monitor your mana closely and if you need to hymn, use it near the middle of the first phase (after a slam). I found myself using Flash Heal a lot here and wasn't convinced that Binding Heal was worth it's mana cost.

I love atonement but found it was not ideal for this fight. Prioritize keeping shields green and atonement if you find yourself with time to spare.

Make sure you have PoM, Archangel, Spirit Shell and Halo ready for the blood rage phase. Consider a pre-emptive pain suppression on the active tank when blood rage phase starts and drop a barrier as soon as you're stacked up and damage is coming in. After front loading my own cooldowns in this manner I found it best to leave the rest of the AoE healing to the other healers while I focused on shielding those with debuffs or anyone who dropped low while using atonement penance and solace to rebuild my stacks for another big halo when miasma phase returned.

• 5th Talent Tier
    1. spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate - Good for the last 35% of the boss, though this Talent wont give you ANY benefits beside that!
    2. spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpg Power Infusion - This Talent is quite good, if used on proper timing.
    3. spell_priest_burningwill.jpg Divine Insight - This is a good choice, and properly the best choice if your aiming for spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpg Mastery: Shield Discipline build. Though still keep in mind this is based on luck/proc from spell_holy_penance.jpg Penance, which ALSO has 9 sec CD.
  • Overall: spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpg Power Infusion would be the best choice, though it should be timed! Using this in start to stack up warlock_siphonlife.jpg Ancient Barrier or during racial_orc_berserkerstrength.jpg Blood Rage since there is AlOT to heal here.

• 6th Talent Tier
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade - Good if you dont wanna move so much, this Talent wills till have a big chance of healing the whole raid.
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpg Divine Star - This isn't a good choice for this fight since it requires the raid to be in front of u or stacked.
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo - This is a good Talent IF you position yourself everytime to the middle, this way it will hit all/mostly of the ranged ppl at nearly maximum distance. (Halo scales with distance).
  • Overall: ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo or ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade depending on how your play style is. If you got time to move shortly for ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo, this will be best choice since it has ALOT burst healing to all ranged people. Though ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade is best if you just stand on your position and heal.

Links:

Spoils of Pandaria

Tips:

• 5th Talent Tier
  • spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate - VERY GOOD for this fight! All the adds means VERY high uptime should be around 80% uptime, IF ability_priest_atonement.jpg Atonement is used properly.
  • spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpg Power Infusion - Good is used situational, or to fast outheal raid damage.
  • spell_priest_burningwill.jpg Divine Insight - This is a good choice, and properly the best choice if yuor aiming for spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpg Mastery: Shield Discipline build. Thought still keep in mind this is based on lcuk/prob from spell_holy_penance.jpg Penance, which ALSO has a9 sec CD.
  • Overall: spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate is best best here! with the high uptime (about 80%, if ability_priest_atonement.jpg Atonement is used properly!) this is definitely the best choice!

• 6th Talent Tier
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade - Good, though it wont help damaging the adds. (wont be able to activate spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate (unless a healed raider is below 35% health))
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpg Divine Star - Good though you'll have to position yourself everytime you use this!
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo - Very good Talent for this fight, helps damaging the adds & heals (This will also help activating spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate)
  • Overall: Either spell_priest_divinestar.jpg Divine Star or ability_priest_halo.jpg Halo is best for this fight, this is a decision of playstyle. ability_priest_cascade.jpg Cascade wont be best since it doesn't damage adds, and wont give you an extra chance of activating spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpg Twist of Fate.

Tips:

Links:

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Tips:

- Divine Star going to be the pay to go as far as lvl 90 talents go.  Raid is mostly stacked during the initial AOE phase.  Also found that if I got spell locked, I could still use Divine Star.

- The meta gem proc (Lucidity) is really good here.  Be sure to track when it procs and put shields on as many people as you can.

- Inner Focus is very good, given that when you use it, you are immune to silence for 5 seconds.  I tried to save Inner Focus for as long as I could in order to get most use out of the 5 second silence immune

- I found I had to use Spirit Shell near the beginning in order to make best use of it. 

-Glyph of Binding Heal makes BH a good spell for this phase, a quick cast that will heal 2 targets and yourself. 

- For the phase when he fixates people, Angelic Feathers provide a useful speed boost to those kiting

Links:

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Tips:

- Try to Spirit Shell the Automated Shredders 'Overload.'  I found they cast it within the first 2/3 seconds of entering the fight, so I just Spirit Shelled the first one.  Each time they cast it, it increases their damage.

- Cascade cause people are spread

- Void Tendrils can be used to root the mines, should you get them.

- Body and Soul / Angelic Feathers good for those kiting the laser beam.  I personally used B&S because it's what I'm used to using.

Links:

Paragons of the Klaxxi

Tips:

Links:

Garrosh Hellscream

Tips:

Twist of Fate for this.  No questions.  I recommend Divine Star, Cascade might be viable.  Halo has no place here.

P1:

- You are a good candidate to kill siege engineers.  Volunteer to do it, penance, holy fire, SW:Pain, and smite will be enough to kill one. 

- Garrosh's Warsong ability is not negligable.  Work with other healers and the tanks to determine a cooldown rotation to deal with it, as adds will immediately start hitting the tank much harder. 

- If you Attonement heal, shoot the wolfrider first and Garrosh second.  Ignore the warbringers.  It wouldn't hurt to shoot the desicrated weapons either, but keep in mind that the tanks may be more than 40 yards from the desicrated weapon.

Intermission:

- Help kill shit.  Damage before Garrosh is negligable. 

- Barrier on top of Garrosh when he starts Annihilating. 

- At Garrosh: PoM ON CD.  Divine Star is really nice here.  Legendary proc? spam PW:Shield.  If he doesn't Annihlate on you, you can fit in a PoH. 

P2:

- Try to conserve mana this phase.  Time shadowfiend/psyfiend + mana hymn together whenever possible. 

- Before it's empowered, Divine Star is useful to heal the ranged stack when he whirlwinds.  Doens't work after he empowers it, as your range stack should be splitting appart when he Empowered whirlwinds (so everyone can pick up their own add.)  Do PoM right before he whirlwinds, empowered or not.  After Empowered Whirwind ends, you should pick up your add with SW:Pain, then penance, then Holy Fire / PW:Solace (if your tank isn't a paladin, it will be significantly less difficult to get and maintain aggro on your add.)

- Help end mind controls by attonementing against MCs.  Drop a fearbomb on unempowered MC players (doesn't work on empowered MC.)  Don't SW:Pain unempowered MC's, maybe pain empowered MC's. 

- You should be ignoring desecrated weapons here, the tanks should be too far away from them to reach anyway.  (Maybe SW:Pain them.) 

P3:

- It hits the fan, here, really hard.  Try to save an int potion for lust, and remind the raid to lust as soon as the start-of-fight Sated wears off. 

- Hope to hell you came into this with 150k mana or more, because you'll need it.  Keep PoM rolling and Shield the tanks often.  You shouldn't have to worry about tanks damage from his tank swap ability, but keep a close eye on tank health and be ready to Void Shift if anything goes awry.  Don't be afraid to blow mana Shielding the raid either, this phase won't last long but there's plenty of damage going out to make up for it.

- Help kill the Mind Controls again.  However, unless you're a Blood Elf you won't be able to stop them from casting.  Empowered Mind Controls may merit a cast of SW:Pain. 

- Considering the difficulty of this phase and the low health, Attonement healing against the boss with Twist of Fate is a really good idea.

Links:

• Like 1

Immerseus

- This fight isn't actually as bad for disc as I first expected, so here's a few things I found helpful for the fight.

Boss phase:

- I raid in a 10 man and the positioning of the boss meant I was out of actual healing range of the tanks, but the healing in the "boss" phase isn't too intensive so you can Atone your little hearts out.  It's also good for building up the stacks of Evangelism, ready to get that 25% healing increase for the tricky add phase.

Add phase:

- To begin with, you won't get too many healing adds but they will become more and more each time the phase repeats.  

- 1st phase I popped Archangel, Inner Focus and used Flash Heal to get the mob up.  Make sure you're on top of the add when it dies, you gain a healing buff and a mana return (I think?).  After that, I used SS to get people up to reduce the damage owhen the adds reach the centre.

- Whens more adds spawned, I used Halo (here's a WoL link to show Halo was the top heal overall for the adds: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qn6g7z5vlbiaxczr/details/48/) to get them all slowed, then spammed flash heal. Again, saving my Inner Focus and Archangel for the add phase. 

Norushen

- Try and be the first of your healers to go down if possible.  Clearing your Corruption buffs not only your healing, but your dps, meaning Atonement will heal for more.  When in the other realm, I just dps'd down the add.  In 10 man, we had 1 orb specifically for the dps and one for the tank and healers.

- Try to avoid soaking as long as possible.  Let the dps do it until around 50%, then rotate the soaking between healers and tanks (if possible) to allow the dps to burn down the boss quickly.

- Given the raid will be stacked, Divine Star will do a lot of healing (had previously mentioned Halo - but got my bosses mixed up!).  

- Spirit Shell is useful when the adds are up and dealing raid damage, I just used it on CD.

Sha of Pride

- Again, given the raid will be mostly stacked, Divine Star will do a lot of healing.

- Body and Soul good to shield yourself or others to quickly release those affected by Corrupted Prison

- Try and get the Power buff whenever possible, then Atone your little hearts out.

- Spirit Shell for Swelling Pride, Barrier also useful for this as well.

Iron Juggernaut

- Life Grip can be used to get people down quickly when they've soaked a mine, especially useful if you want to try and have someone soak two.  Can either position yourself as close to the 2nd mine as possible, or if you're a lazy priest just have Body and Soul so they move quicker for a few seconds after being gripped!

General Nazgrim

- Void Tendrils good for the adds.

- Halo useful since the dps will be spread around a little bit.

- Spirit Shell when Nazgrim gets close to 70 rage in order to help mitigate some War Song damage.

Edited by Douy
  • Like 2

Thok the Bloodthirsty

- Divine Star going to be the pay to go as far as lvl 90 talents go.  Raid is mostly stacked during the initial AOE phase.  Also found that if I got spell locked, I could still use Divine Star.

- The meta gem proc (Lucidity) is really good here.  Be sure to track when it procs and put shields on as many people as you can.

- Inner Focus is very good, given that when you use it, you are immune to silence for 5 seconds.  I tried to save Inner Focus for as long as I could in order to get most use out of the 5 second silence immune

- I found I had to use Spirit Shell near the beginning in order to make best use of it. 

-Glyph of Binding Heal makes BH a good spell for this phase, a quick cast that will heal 2 targets and yourself. 

- For the phase when he fixates people, Angelic Feathers provide a useful speed boost to those kiting

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

- Try to Spirit Shell the Automated Shredders 'Overload.'  I found they cast it within the first 2/3 seconds of entering the fight, so I just Spirit Shelled the first one.  Each time they cast it, it increases their damage.

- Cascade cause people are spread

- Void Tendrils can be used to root the mines, should you get them.

- Body and Soul / Angelic Feathers good for those kiting the laser beam.  I personally used B&S because it's what I'm used to using.

Sorry for the double post, didn't want the first one to become an essay!

• Like 1

Many thanks for the guide!

On Immerseus Split phase: you can also get up a void shift health swap (preferably in a later split), and Leap of faith will pull a healing puddle back to you for more healing. Cannot rec Halo enough smile.png Void tendrils will CC the DPS adds which you can help smite after healing ones are down (pffft if there is anything left to play with.)

Fallen Protectors: Glyph for purity to get a bit more out of the decursing assignment. Save mass dispel for when you stack on Rook's or Sun's desperate measures should the DoT have spread (good time to drop barrier too), I found divine star more useful here due to my raid makeup and healing assignment - I could DS after calamities and get a fair portion of the raid group. I also took From Darkness comes Light on the mana regen talent tier because my atonement rotation was disrupted with all the stop DPS calls... but i don't feel it made a significant difference. 

Norushen: Pronounced "No Rushing"  Talents (toss up between halo and divine star - liked Halo for Test, and Star for healing stacked raid... so advise choice based on which is giving you difficulty), Mindbender for DPS, Twist of Fate for DPS. 

In the test I usually popped angel wings (and halo if it was chosen aoe heal) and penance on an NPC - then holy fire on the Sha and mind bender, straight into an atonement rotation. If Star was chosen aoe spell then instead penance the ranged NPC and run in to the sha while casting holyfire+mindbender on it, let Star off on the melee NPCs when in range.

This macro for decursing NPCs (just put it on your action bar and then keybind it to a mouse key - mouse over NPC in purple cloud and click to purify with no fuss):

/cast [target=mouseover,help] Purify; [help] Purify; [harm] Dispel Magic; Purify;

Edited by Bytes

Norushen:

Halo is a great talent for this fight - just pop it as soon as your personal scenario starts.  You start at max range from the NPCs which you need to heal, so you can basically have them all nearly full within 5 seconds of the scenario start.  At which point Glyph of binding heal will help you top them off before you start atonement on the mini-boss.  Just make sure to dispel the debuff when it comes out and move out of the pools at your feet and you'll be out in less than 30 seconds.

Sha of Pride:

Glyph of Purify - Mass dispel will not work for the debuff in this fight, so If you end up getting stuck with Gift of the Titans, this should help toss in some extra healing on those you're dispelling. 

Spirit Shell - Start building up a full spirit shield as soon as you're out of the prison phase and you can significantly reduce the raidwide damage that will go out from swelling pride when the boss nears 100 energy.

Body and Soul - Since healers can't be targeted for prison, be prepared to be assigned to help break people out of prison.  I found the speed boost helpful.

Galakras:

Disc / Holy priests should be assign to tower healing - A single mass dispel will cover everyone who goes up on the first tower, and levitate will help negate the fall damage on the way down.

Spirit Shell on the pull to handle the high aoe damage from the first set of adds that come down the hill.

Halo - Cannot recommend this spell enough - if you stay positioned about 20 yards from where the waves of adds are being tanked, you can pretty much hit the entire raid with a 200k heal, plus a ton of damage on the adds which are there.  I found myself using halo on cooldown in this fight.  

Leap of Faith - If you can anticipate when your raid wants to start moving up a tower, you can position yourself on the hill near the tower door, still be in range to heal the raid, and be able to grip the tank as soon as you're ready to go.  It'll save the tank a long run around and up the hill, leaving him/her more time to dps the adds.

The damage in the final phase (when Galakras lands) ramps up incredibly high very quickly.  Be prepared to rotate through your entire raid's cooldowns with zero downtime in between.  Using spirit shell as the first cooldown as soon as Galakras lands will help because it should be off cooldown to use again later in this phase.

Edited by Krytan
  • Like 1

Malkorok:

Halo. Halo, halo and MORE HALO. One Halo can easily be a million healing done here (m average non-crit was over 75k per target).

Spirit Shell before the pull and halo on the pull. Spirit Shell again before the blood rage phase. PW:S anyone soaking the puddles, penance anyone whose shield turns red or disappears. Leap of Faith or Levitate can save falling damage.

Monitor your mana closely and if you need to hymn, use it near the middle of the first phase (after a slam). I found myself using Flash Heal a lot here and wasn't convinced that Binding Heal was worth it's mana cost.

I love atonement but found it was not ideal for this fight. Prioritize keeping shields green and atonement if you find yourself with time to spare.

Make sure you have PoM, Archangel, Spirit Shell and Halo ready for the blood rage phase. Consider a pre-emptive pain suppression on the active tank when blood rage phase starts and drop a barrier as soon as you're stacked up and damage is coming in. After front loading my own cooldowns in this manner I found it best to leave the rest of the AoE healing to the other healers while I focused on shielding those with debuffs or anyone who dropped low while using atonement penance and solace to rebuild my stacks for another big halo when miasma phase returned.

Fallen Protectors

Dispel bane ASAP and use mass dispel to clean it up if you need to. Keep PoM out as much as possible. PW:S anyone you know is going to take damage (garrote, sha sear, inferno strike targets, etc.). Spirit Shell before Sun's desperate measures and barrier inside her bubble. Halo times pretty well with calamity. This is a great fight for atonement. I did 90k DPS on this one.

Dark Shaman

Lots of PW:S and atonement. Halo is great for helping eliminate adds or for recovering from falling ash. PoM is great for tanks and for toxic mist targets. Glyphed binding heal was also good on this one. Another great fight for atonement. Legendary DPS cloak is outstanding on this fight. I did 99.5k DPS on this fight and 23% of it was the cloak.

Killed Garrosh the other week.  Here's my thoughts. 

Twist of Fate for this.  No questions.  I recommend Divine Star, Cascade might be viable.  Halo has no place here.

P1:

- You are a good candidate to kill siege engineers.  Volunteer to do it, penance, holy fire, SW:Pain, and smite will be enough to kill one. 

- Garrosh's Warsong ability is not negligable.  Work with other healers and the tanks to determine a cooldown rotation to deal with it, as adds will immediately start hitting the tank much harder. 

- If you Attonement heal, shoot the wolfrider first and Garrosh second.  Ignore the warbringers.  It wouldn't hurt to shoot the desicrated weapons either, but keep in mind that the tanks may be more than 40 yards from the desicrated weapon.

Intermission:

- Help kill shit.  Damage before Garrosh is negligable. 

- Barrier on top of Garrosh when he starts Annihilating. 

- At Garrosh: PoM ON CD.  Divine Star is really nice here.  Legendary proc? spam PW:Shield.  If he doesn't Annihlate on you, you can fit in a PoH. 

P2:

- Try to conserve mana this phase.  Time shadowfiend/psyfiend + mana hymn together whenever possible. 

- Before it's empowered, Divine Star is useful to heal the ranged stack when he whirlwinds.  Doens't work after he empowers it, as your range stack should be splitting appart when he Empowered whirlwinds (so everyone can pick up their own add.)  Do PoM right before he whirlwinds, empowered or not.  After Empowered Whirwind ends, you should pick up your add with SW:Pain, then penance, then Holy Fire / PW:Solace (if your tank isn't a paladin, it will be significantly less difficult to get and maintain aggro on your add.)

- Help end mind controls by attonementing against MCs.  Drop a fearbomb on unempowered MC players (doesn't work on empowered MC.)  Don't SW:Pain unempowered MC's, maybe pain empowered MC's. 

- You should be ignoring desecrated weapons here, the tanks should be too far away from them to reach anyway.  (Maybe SW:Pain them.) 

P3:

- It hits the fan, here, really hard.  Try to save an int potion for lust, and remind the raid to lust as soon as the start-of-fight Sated wears off. 

- Hope to hell you came into this with 150k mana or more, because you'll need it.  Keep PoM rolling and Shield the tanks often.  You shouldn't have to worry about tanks damage from his tank swap ability, but keep a close eye on tank health and be ready to Void Shift if anything goes awry.  Don't be afraid to blow mana Shielding the raid either, this phase won't last long but there's plenty of damage going out to make up for it.

- Help kill the Mind Controls again.  However, unless you're a Blood Elf you won't be able to stop them from casting.  Empowered Mind Controls may merit a cast of SW:Pain. 

- Considering the difficulty of this phase and the low health, Attonement healing against the boss with Twist of Fate is a really good idea. 

Edited by Brutalpriest

Immerseus

• 5th Talent tier: A good choice of talent here is spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate, since the adds you are heaing starts with very low health. This means every time you are healing adds you'll have a stable 15% healing buff.
  • 6th Talent tier:
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade - If lucky it can bounce on MANY of the adds. Kepe in mind it only can bounce 3 times!
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star - Short CD, tho not a big heal.
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo - If used at propper timing, this heal is the biggest of all threee, tho you have to move around alot to be able to get the 25% healing buff from adds whn they are fully healed.

Tips:

• Good idea for this fight is also to have ability_priest_archangel.jpgArchangel ready for the add phases.

The Falen Protectors

• 5th Talent tier: Since there is many add phases, spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate is properly the best choice.
  • 6th Talent tier: depending on what stack/spread tactic your raid is using, you should use either Cascade or Halo. Cascade when stacked. Halo when spreaded, but also has the ability to give u spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate buff, IF it hits a low health adds, so basiclly it should be timed.
    Reason why i dont mention Divine Star, is that i dont rly find this talent very good for this fight since it wont always be able to heal tanks.

Tips:

• ability_shaman_astralshift.jpgSpirit Shell is very good to pre-stack before Sun Tenderheart goes to hers Deperate Measures phases.
  • Usage of spell_holy_powerwordbarrier.jpgPower Word: Barrier is nice during Sun Tenderheart's Deperate Measures phase, nice you are supposed to stack within it.
  • Good idea for this fight is also to have ability_priest_archangel.jpgArchangel ready for the Deperate Measures phases.

Norushen

• 5th Talent tier: Since there is many adds here, and you deal less dmg (less healing with ability_priest_atonement.jpgAtonement) then adds are prefered for you here. Which means spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate should be the best choice for this fight.
  • 6th Talent tier: Since there is no reason NOT to spread out during encounter. Either ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade or spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star would be the best choice.
    Though keep in mind if your raid is spread out, you should prioritse ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo, since it not only have big heals on players being spread but also hitting adds, which can result in benefit of spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate.

Tips:

Sha of Pride

• 5th Talent tier: Since there is alot more healing needed in the last 30% of the encounter compared to the first part, cause of this spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate would be the best choice. Keep in mind help damaging the Manifestation of Pride will give you the buff aswell.
  • 6th Talent tier: During this fight your raid should be stacked so spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star would be best!

Tips:

Edited by mark4072

Galakras

• 5th Talent Tier:
  1. spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate - With all the adds and ability_priest_atonement.jpgAtonement healing, then this is very superior for this fight. This makes a very high uptime of the buff.
  2. spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion - Good situational, and very good if used together with ability_shaman_astralshift.jpgSpirit Shell for faster stacking and more benefit of both buffs. Same for phase 2, since there is alot more healing.
  3. spell_priest_burningwill.jpgDivine Insight - This is a good choice, and properly the best choice if your aiming for spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgMastery: Shield Discipline build. Though still keep in mind this is based on luck/proc from spell_holy_penance.jpgPenance, which ALSO has  9 sec CD.

• 6th Talent Tier:
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade - If your going Towers this talent aint very good, since firstly you wont get full benefit of the bounces. If your on ground this is quite decent, though keep in mind you'll still not get that many bounces.
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star - If your going towers this is the best choice, since not only does it heal targets within destination twice but you will also damage enemies. If your on ground this wouldn't be such a good choice since people are very spread and this ability isn't good healing for spread raid. Though for last phase this woul be VERY superior if your going wiht stack & outheal tactic
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo - If your going towers this is a decent-good choice, though keep in mind that the healing/damage done scales with distance between you and targets.If your staying on ground this ability would be realy superior since the raid is very spread out, but also
  • Overall it realy depends on where your going doing this fight (Towers or staying on Ground).
    If your going with ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo it should be timed with the ability_priest_archangel.jpgArchangel for maximum healing.
    Same with both spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star and ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade.

Tips:

Iron Juggernaut

• 5th Talent Tier:
  1. spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate - This fight doesn't have any adds, nor is there any special phase around 35% or less. So it doesn't really give you a big benefit for this fight.
  2. spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion - Since this fight MAY have big burst healing from Crawler Mine & also during the SIEGE MODE, so this talent would be the best choice.
  3. spell_priest_burningwill.jpgDivine Insight - This is a good choice, and properly the best choice if your aiming for spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgMastery: Shield Discipline build. Though still keep in mind this is based on luck/proc from spell_holy_penance.jpgPenance, which ALSO has  9 sec CD.
  • Overall: The best choice would be spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion, since this fight is all about situationals. And most damage is random from both Crawler Mine and for faster outheal during SIEGE MODE.

• 6th Talent Tier:
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade - Since the raid is spread out this talent is a good choice for a fairly increasement of raid healing during the whole fight. And chances of hitting all raid members is quite high.
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star - For this fight this talent isn't really a good choice, for several reasons. Some of them is that the raid ain't stacked but spread out so hitting most raid members possible is quite hard. Same for SIEGE MODE.
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo - This is also a good choice for this fight aslong as u position yourself with long ranged in between you, tanks & rest of the raid this ability will heal ALOT. (Should be timed as much as possible together with ability_priest_archangel.jpgArchangel.
  • Overall: For this fight it's all about sudden damage depending on failures on Crawler Mine.

Tips:

• It's a good idea to pre-stack ability_shaman_astralshift.jpgSpirit Shell BEFORE SIEGE MODE begins.
  • Using spell_holy_penance.jpgGlyph of Penance is a REALLY good choice for this encounter since you wont get interupted by the Knock Back.
  • Using spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgPower Word: Shield on tanks/raid members that soaks Crawler Mine is also good, and going with spell_holy_symbolofhope.jpgBody and Soul Talent really helps targets to move around especially during SIEGE MODE.
Edited by mark4072

Kor'Kron Dark Shaman

• 5th Talent Tier:
  1. spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate - Is a VERY good choice for this encounter, since there are many adds during this fight and therefore high uptime.
  2. spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion - Is good for this fight though only for situational. Good if used together with ability_shaman_astralshift.jpgSpirit Shell for faster stacking or to quickly out heal inv_elemental_mote_fire01.jpgFalling Ash.
  3. spell_priest_burningwill.jpgDivine Insight - This is a good choice, and properly the best choice if your aiming for spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgMastery: Shield Discipline build. Though still keep in mind this is based on luck/proc from spell_holy_penance.jpgPenance, which ALSO has  9 sec CD.
  • Overall: spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate is proplerly the best choice cause of an directly 15% extra healing buff.

• 6th Talent Tier:
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade - Very good for this fight since people are VERY spread (Depending on tactic), should also be timed together with ability_priest_archangel.jpgArchangel.
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star - This isn't a very good choice for this fight since people are very spread out (Depending on tactic). Though if your raid are stacking this should definitely be used.
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo - This is a good ability though sometimes doing this encounter your raid members will be so much spread out that you wont get full benefit of it since, healing scales with distance.
  • Overall: ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade would be the best choice for all 3 of them since it does scale with distance like ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo, but also can it hit players further. Keep in mind if your raid is stacking as much as possible then spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star should be prioritised.

Tips:

General Nazgrim

• 5th Talent Tier:
  1. spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate - Is a VERY good choice for this encounter, since there are many adds during this fight and therefore high uptime.
  2. spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion - Is good for this fight though only for situational. Good if used together with ability_shaman_astralshift.jpgSpirit Shell for faster stacking or to quickly out heal ability_warrior_rampage.jpgWar Song.
  3. spell_priest_burningwill.jpgDivine Insight - This is a good choice, and properly the best choice if your aiming for spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgMastery: Shield Discipline build. Though still keep in mind this is based on luck/proc from spell_holy_penance.jpgPenance, which ALSO has  9 sec CD.
  • Overall: spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate is proplerly the best choice cause of an directly 15% extra healing buff.

• 6th Talent Tier:
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade - Good for this fight though for this fight the damage is instant and should be out healed as FAST as possible, bouncing doesn't benefit this much.
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star - Depending your positioning for this 
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo - This is a good ability though sometimes doing this encounter your raid members will be so much spread out that you wont get full benefit of it since, healing scales with distance.
  • Overall: ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo or spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star depending positioning. (Will go more in depth in "Tips")

Tips:

Edited by mark4072

Malkorok

• 5th Talent Tier
    1. spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate - Good for the last 35% of the boss, though this Talent wont give you ANY benefits beside that!
    2. spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion - This Talent is quite good, if used on proper timing.
    3. spell_priest_burningwill.jpgDivine Insight - This is a good choice, and properly the best choice if your aiming for spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgMastery: Shield Discipline build. Though still keep in mind this is based on luck/proc from spell_holy_penance.jpgPenance, which ALSO has 9 sec CD.
  • Overall: spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion would be the best choice, though it should be timed! Using this in start to stack up warlock_siphonlife.jpgAncient Barrier or during racial_orc_berserkerstrength.jpgBlood Rage since there is AlOT to heal here.

• 6th Talent Tier
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade - Good if you dont wanna move so much, this Talent wills till have a big chance of healing the whole raid.
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star - This isn't a good choice for this fight since it requires the raid to be in front of u or stacked.
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo - This is a good Talent IF you position yourself everytime to the middle, this way it will hit all/mostly of the ranged ppl at nearly maximum distance. (Halo scales with distance).
  • Overall: ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo or ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade depending on how your play style is. If you got time to move shortly for ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo, this will be best choice since it has ALOT burst healing to all ranged people. Though ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade is best if you just stand on your position and heal.

Tips:

Edited by mark4072

Spoils of Pandaria

• 5th Talent Tier
  • spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate - VERY GOOD for this fight! All the adds means VERY high uptime should be around 80% uptime, IF ability_priest_atonement.jpgAtonement is used properly.
  • spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion - Good is used situational, or to fast outheal raid damage.
  • spell_priest_burningwill.jpgDivine Insight - This is a good choice, and properly the best choice if yuor aiming for spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgMastery: Shield Discipline build. Thought still keep in mind this is based on lcuk/prob from spell_holy_penance.jpgPenance, which ALSO has a9 sec CD.
  • Overall: spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate is best best here! with the high uptime (about 80%, if ability_priest_atonement.jpgAtonement is used properly!) this is definitely the best choice!

• 6th Talent Tier
  1. ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade - Good, though it wont help damaging the adds. (wont be able to activate spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate (unless a healed raider is below 35% health))
  2. spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star - Good though you'll have to position yourself everytime you use this!
  3. ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo - Very good Talent for this fight, helps damaging the adds & heals (This will also help activating spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate)
  • Overall: Either spell_priest_divinestar.jpgDivine Star or ability_priest_halo.jpgHalo is best for this fight, this is a decision of playstyle. ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade wont be best since it doesn't damage adds, and wont give you an extra chance of activating spell_shadow_mindtwisting.jpgTwist of Fate.

Tips:

Edited by mark4072

Proofreading fail =/  damnit.

as tanks will immediately start hitting the tank much harder.

should be

as adds will immediately start hitting the tank much harder.

lol, I changed it... I see you did it in the original post yourself. Thx.

Embarassing mistake last night while fighting Garrosh.  Be aware that if you Penance a mind controlled player, it doesn't switch to healing mode if they return to being friendly in the middle of your cast.  You continue channeling a damaging penance at the player.  Make sure you hit escape or something once you notice your target is friendly!

On Dark Shamman Heroic, we 3 healed 3 tanked the fight, with 1 heal 2 tanks on Harom, and 2 disc priests on the other one. The best tip I have is to use Divine Insight here, and communicate which player you will use the proc on. Basically, we had every single Iron Prison covered between the two of us. Time the Penance cast just right, so you have the proc around the 4 second mark before the debuff does its damage. Divine Star for healing on cd, or helping on DPS, especially on the poison adds.

Whoops, forgot about this thread. 

Heroic Immersius

Immersius phase:

If your raid is extremely spread out, Attonement will be your best friend here; they only need be within 40 yards of the boss, not you, so your Attonements can still smart-heal people that are out of your range. 

The boss will gain 50 (less as the fight goes on) stacks of a buff.  This buff will debuff players that special attack or spellcast at him, dealing ticking damage.  Letting any player reach more than 5 stacks of this debuff is usually lethal.  Try to mass dispell, and follow up with a single dispell.  It's worth noting that in 25man, players will almost never go above 3, but keep an eye out just in case.  

As for the adds, talk with your raid as to when your cooldowns should be used on the add tank.  The first Immersius phase there will be an insane number of adds, and the tanks can very easily die to them.  I recommend Spirit Shell + Greater Heal on the tank, if you are within range. 

Submerged phase:

Remember to lifegrip adds back to give you more time to heal them.  Use Penance, Flash Heal, and Greater Heal to get them to full health.  Remember to PoM and Binding Heal during this phase, as people can die if they aren't healed. 

You can Void Shift an ooze to full health, but I recommend Sheilding yourself before hand, as well as blowing Desperate Prayer or a lock rock afterwords; the raidwide AoE can easily kill you after you put yourself at 25%.  I recommend using it the 2nd Submerge.

Other:

Binding Heal will do you a lot of good on this fight, after you move out of puddles and for the raidwide during Submerged phase. 

I recommend Glyph of Penance, as this fight will be more mobile than normal.  I recommend Glyph of Inner Sanctum for extra survivability (you will not take physical damage.)  I recommend Glyph of Shifted Appearenaces so when you Void Shift a slime, you get to run around healing as a slime for a little bit. 

• Like 1

Heroic Protectors.  From a 25m perspective.

General: Watch people's health like a HAWK this fight.  There's constant, but low raid damage going out the whole fight, but there is a rediculous amount of bad that gets placed on the ground and people can easily stand in it without realizing.  If the entire raid doesn't have the addon GTFO or something similar, you're going to have a very hard time.

PoM on cooldown the entire fight.  The amount of raid damage going out is quite constant. 

Divine Star is probably best.  If you choose it, save it to use for Calamity, then use it again once it comes off cooldown.  Save it after that for the next Calamity.  I recommend precasting Prayer of Healing so it hits just after Calamity, then throwing out Divine Star right after.  Of course, when she's using Desperate Measures, Divine Star on cooldown.

When your legendary metagem procs, instead of just using a bunch of PW:Shields, mix in a Mass Dispell.  Avoid using Mass Dispell without the metagem (as it costs too damn much) and just use Purify if it doesn't proc at a good time. 

If He's desperate measures is giving you a hard time, save a Spirit Shell for it and spam Greater Heal on whoever the He's add is attacking. 

The priest's desperate measures is trivial.  Remember to Divine Star on cooldown.

Rook's desperate measures.  Save Barrier for this phase.  Work it out with your raid when to use it, but try to have some form of raid defensive cooldown active when Inferno Strike hits.  If that's not possible for whatever reason, start spamming Spirit Shell + Prayer of Healing. 

• Like 1

Norushen Heroic 25m.

I haven't actually killed him yet.  This is just what I've noticed.  I beleive I have my part optimized, since we regularly wipe either at the 90 second mark due to adds, or when norushen is done putting up with us (zerk timer.) 

First of all, anything in the raid journal that says "5 corruption" doesn't seem to actually corrupt you.  This means that you can still go in early, then spam PoM and attonement and rape the healing meters.  Beg your raid leader to go in first and be exempt from orb collection duty, you benifit much more than any other healing class from being pure (+25% plus damage and the extra healing multiply against eachother, and you'll have a fairly high uptime on +15%damage +15%healing through twist of fate, all comes together to mean your healing here is massive.) 

For your Look Within test, you'll need to kill the add while keeping some party members alive.  I recommend leading off with shadowfiend/mindbender, pain, penance, holy fire/solace, divine star (hitting the two melee allies), then attonement healing against the miniboss.  Don't forget SW:Death when he's low health.  Disheartening laugh is still negligable, pit of dispair just don't stand in it, and the debuff?  dispell it if the guy isn't at full health, otherwise just ignore it, it's only 500k (if debuff lands on you, pain sup yourself and desperate prayer afterwords, both are off GCD.  Or just dispell.)  You should never need to cast traditional heals on your allies here, just focus on getting the miniboss down asap. 

On heroic, you can't run through the beam anymore unless you pain sup yourself.  It does too much damage and will probably kill you. 

When you have no corruption, spend most of your time using Attonement heals against the boss.  Use PoM frequently.  (Attonement is 90% healing in general.  x1.25 damage is 112.5%, *1.25 healing is 140.625% of normal damage done as healing through Attonement.  ~186% if Twist of Fate is up, and it usually is.)   Throw Divine Star to hit the ranged stack (or melee stack if your range doesn't stack.)

If you're hitting the enrage timer, you should be able to use Shadowfiend 3x.  This is another good reason to be among the first to go into Look Within, so you can Shadowfiend inside, and twice more during the fight. 

Edited by Brutalpriest
  • Like 1

Killed Norushen this week.  I stand by everything I said.

Yes, you can run through it with PW:S (assuming you have body and soul) but if you're unlucky it might still kill you.  Even if it doesn't, it'll leave you at low health, and at risk of dieing for any of the multitude of pulsing AoE damage this boss and his adds put out.  I don't recommend doing it. 

Sha of Pride 25m Heroic notes.

I have not killed this guy yet.  These are just some of my observations.

Cascade or Halo for this fight.  Unlike normal mode, you'll be spread out this time so divine star isn't going to do it for you.  Halo will hit most everyone if you cast it from Pride's taint, but cascade can be cast from anywhere and will still hit everyone for almost full effect: I recommend cascade slightly more than halo.  If you take cascade, either cast it on CD, or any time your L.metagem procs, or just before swelling pride hits. 

This fight is significantly more difficult than the joke Normal mode was.  Make DAMN sure you're dispelling on cooldown whenever you have the buff.  Ask any warlocks you have with you to get out an imp and have it cast its AoE dispell: Unlike your AoE dispell, theirs actually works (and doesn't give any pride, if the imp casts it).  While perfect play will negate the need for the warlock helping out, that's just not always feasible. 

I recommend your group not try for Power of the Titans.  It's just too much of a hastle. 

Try to stay on top of healing.  Swelling Pride deals an absurd amount of damage and can easily kill people.  If you're in 10m, run to the middle and double spirit shell+PoH both groups.  If you're in 25m, run to the middle and put one layer on four different groups.  If you can, end your time under the boss with a Halo or Cascade.  *Scream* at everyone to use a defensive cooldown, because if you're going to have deaths, it's going to be from this (or projection, but you won't be able to do anything about that.) 

As on normal mode, as SOON as you see Pride slowly casting Unleash, start dispelling hard core with no regard for pride; it's about to be cleansed off anyway and you don't want stacks of pride on people going into the second phase.

Second phase I have not yet seen.  I'm not yet sure if it's best to dispel people on cooldown or ignore it.  If someone should get 3 stacks, you'll *have* to dispell or that person will die, and should you dispell at 2 stacks?  It seems to be dispells should be thrown out on cooldown.  Boss's new pulsing AoE, plus ticking damage, plus Swelling Pride seems like a great way for people to become dead.  Tell warlocks to double down on dispelling people here, we'll really really really need the help here.  

EDIT: 10m heroic below

Gods, how old is this post?  "I haven't killed this guy yet"?  lol.  I've trashed this boss a million times with my new guild in Magtheridon and on 10m so here's my thoughts.

I'm assuming you're doing the stacking strategy.  I don't know if it's better to do it or not on 10m or 25m really but we do the stacking strategy and it works just fine.  It has the advantage of giving everyone with gifts the buff with nearly 100% success rate, and it makes Divine Star GREAT. 

Much of my points are the same.  You HAVE TO dispel twice on each Gift, unless you have a warlock to help you out with his own silly dispel (no Pride gain on him either, which is nice.) 

If you're stacking up, you really really want to take Angelic Feather, both to help other people move, and to get you to and back from the rifts quickly.  Body and Soul just won't cut it, not even close. 

Spirit Shell the boss's 100 energy ability.  If you have the gift and your raid wants you to block the add, tell 'em to piss off, you need to Spirit Shell the raid, it's more important than one person gaining 5 pride (heaven forbid >_> )  Start Shelling at around 85 energy or so.

On the second phase your shaman/mage/hunter will Lust and you'll be on your way.  Be sure to dispel while the boss is preparing to kill Norushen; your Pride is about to be reset anyway. 

Last phase be very liberal with your expensive heals.  You shouldn't have had much reason to use a ton of mana in the first phase, it's only in the second that things become tight.  PoH frequenly, but you still have to save your Shell for the 100 energy ability.  I recommend having Barrier available for the first 100 energy and just have everyone blow their personals on the second.... if you get to a third anyway your raid is almost guaranteed to all get mind controlled anyway. 

• Like 1