FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stoove

Siege of Orgrimmar Elemental Shaman Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Elemental Shamans attempting bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread smile.png

Table of Contents

Immerseus

Tips:
  • spell_nature_stranglevines.jpgEarthgrab Totem will root the DPS blobs in place, allowing more time for your Hybrids to heal the friendly blobs.

Links:

The Fallen Protectors

Tips:

• Use ability_shaman_ancestralguidance.jpgAncestral Guidance when your raid stacks up for Sun's Desperate Measures phase to help the healers. Works especially well if you can cleave adds with spell_nature_chainlightning.jpgChain Lightning.

Links:

Norushen

• Since all DPS on adds transfers to the boss, cleave down little adds as fast as possible. You have no damage reduction on the adds.
  • Try to delay Heroism until just after a sha_ability_mage_firestarter.jpgBlind Hatred is finished to reduce movement as much as possible.

Tips:
Links:

Sha of Pride

Tips:
  • You can use inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Shamanistic Rage to self-dispel the stacking debuff on Phase. Doing this does not give you extra Pride, and helps the healers!

Links:

Galakras

• Heroic: You might find that you have higher DPS killing the add packs rather than guarding the doors on this fight, thanks to your cleave.
  • A good suggestion might be to save your Ascendance until the second wave of adds, so that the Shaman gets burned down relatively quickly.

Tips:

• Use ability_shaman_ancestralguidance.jpgAncestral Guidance during the burn phase at the end - the raid damage is high and the healers will appreciate the help when you use it cleverly. The same goes for ability_shaman_healingtide.jpgHealing Tide Totem.
  • It's been reported that inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Grounding Totem will allow damage to be reflected from Fire Arrows, so glyph for this to use regularly.

Links:

Iron Juggernaut

Tips:

Links:

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Tips:
  • spell_nature_groundingtotem.jpgGrounding Totem reportedly soaks Kardris' Froststorm Bolt, increasing the survivability of your tank.

Links:

General Nazgrim

Tips:

Links:

Malkorok

Tips:

• Use inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Shamanistic Rage to self-dispel yourself in the second phase. This will help the healers a lot.
  • ability_shaman_astralshift.jpgAstral Shift will let you soak the void zones without losing your shield in Phase 1.
  • Use ability_shaman_ancestralguidance.jpgAncestral Guidance on the pull with your cooldowns to help stack up a massive shield on the raid.

Links:

Spoils of Pandaria

Tips:
Links:

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Tips:
  • shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpgPrimal Elementalist can help sustain damage on Thok late in Phase 1 when you are finding it hard to cast spells.
  • It's been suggested that inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Fire Elemental Totem will help, since you could get your Fire Elemental up pretty much every time Phase 1 is up.

Links:

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Tips:
Links:

Paragons of the Klaxxi

Tips:
Links:

Garrosh Hellscream

Tips:

Links:

A piece of advice for Iron Juggernaut. If a shaman is soaking the crawler mines it is beneficial to make a macro for swapping to a shield if they have it since the explosion is physical damage and, for example, it resulted in about an additional 13% DR for me.

For Malkorok you should consider using Glyph of Shamanistic Rage so that during second phase you can dispell Displaced Energy yourself when you're away from the raid group freeing healers to worry about dispelling others. I also recomend using Astral Shift because it helps with soaking those void zones so that your Ancient Barrier doesn't get removed and you take damage.

On Thok I recommend using Primal Elementalist talent due to the fact that your goal should be to extend phase 1 as much as possible reaulting in faster and faster Silence casts and your Primal Elemental will be free to hit Thok without an issue.

I haven't tried it yet but Glyph of Fire Elemental might also be useful.

I apologize for double posting. I posted frim my phone and for some reason it posted twice.

Edited by Emerys

My guild runs an Enhancement and Elemental Shaman so we have a lot of utility for these fights. On Fallen Protectors, and Malkorok I go with Ancestral Guidance for burst healing as Elemental, while our Enhance Shaman goes with Conductivity + Healing Storm for huge backup healing, especially since these fights involve a high amount of grouping up on certain phases.

Also on Galakras as we were progressing, these helped for the last phase when our stacks got pretty high as we burned the boss.

Hope this helps!

Edited by tedinski1807

I can't believe I haven't updated this yet. It's top priority for me now - expect an update tonight or tomorrow morning.

I will ignore suggestions for Healing Rain + Healing Storm combos since in 5.4 Healing Storm only affects direct heals (spell_shaman_maelstromweapon.jpgMaelstrom Weapon)

Edit: Updated! The more contributions that are left, the more often I'll update the guide!

Ele Shamans can glyph Shamanistic Rage to dispel themselves on Sha of Pride when you have both Gift of the Titans and Mark of Arrogance.  It doesn't happen too often but when it does, it's helpful to the healers for that extra dispel especially if Gift is landing more on dps and less on heals.

On General Nazgrim, what should one expect of their DPS as an elemental shaman? I have farmed harder than ever to get to the gear level I have now, and my GL claims that I am not good enough for anything more than Flex, yet I've been told that I outperformed the other shaman in flex today and that other guy is going.

~~Dregtal, Moon Guard

the easy way to do that fight is to get him down to 15% or so before wave ten then get him to 10% just as wave ten dies, then hero and burn adds then him no matter what stance he's in. it's not a dps race.

maybe its not that they dont like you, but they just like him better. do you have an armory link for yourself and him?

EDIT - Stoove, or any mod, would you move Dregtal's post and mine to its own thread? tyty

Edited by kitsu

I see that Dretgal posted his own topic on the matter, so I'll leave it to you to talk it out there. I'd have done it otherwise. I've also pitched in my opinion. smile.png

Note: I've been ill recently, updates coming as soon as I get well enough to stare at a PC screen for "fun"  =]

This is just a repeat from the Resto Shaman thread but for Galakras, using Glyph of Grounding Totem will reflect the Flaming Arrows at your group back onto the archers, and it will not eat the Grounding Totem doing so. basicly, 15seconds immunity to Flaming Arrows. Not sure if it damage the mobs but its less dmg done to the raid.

• Like 2

Thanks for that great tip!  Those Flaming Arrows are a pain in my backside!

On Malkorok, I am pre-casting a Healing Rain around the tanks and melee and using Healing Tide with Ancestral Guidance/Ascendance/FET on the pull to boost the shields a teensy bit more.  Very busy in those first few seconds; lol!

I'd recommend saving Healing Tide for P2 actually, it's more intensive for the healers. It'll depend on your group though and whether you're 2-healing it.

Immerseus: All versions (especially heroic) earthroot totem will hold adds in place till you or raid members can get to them.  Does not work on healing globs, but allows for hybrids to heal first then dps.

Fallen Protectors.  All versions (especially heroic) when we collapse in Sun's (? think it's sun) bubble I pop Astral Guidance and CL the adds in the bubble then turn to ranged adds.  Helps with initial damage taken from those slow to get in; or in heroic if a puddle is down and you need to manuever around it.

Norushen: Heroic.  As an ele I go in close to last, all dps done to little adds transfers to boss so I cleave them down.  You have no damage reduction on little adds so this allows high single target dps to go in first to work the boss down.  Also if you pop hero bottom 30% like we do, wait till you see where the cutter around that time is going, no need for hero when you are running around.

Dark Shaman: Heroic: Do not let your raid leader talk you into guarding doors, as ele  you will have top dps on cleaving adds down.  We use a few melee with low aoe and have stuns, and a boomkin with roots to guard doors. I personally save ascendance for second wave, due to the fact that everybody else has their cooldowns going for first pack and they die quickly.  The second pack has the first shaman and it burns it down quicker.  As for arrows, even on heroic we have found you dont have to move right away.  The damage is minimal (maybe from priest bubbles ?) but I can stand there and cleave my heart out.

Nazgrim: Normal: work it out that the tank that is tanking the slimes (we use a monk tank who just tanks them) so you can cleave them down quickly without them running all over the place.

Garrosh: Normal: When we get zoned into the specials I use my Astral Guidance 5 seconds into the special boss fight then healing tide totem after that is all the cooldowns needed for that room.  It is up every time and can save your healer CD's for more important parts of the fight.

Edited by chevymonster

I'd recommend saving Healing Tide for P2 actually, it's more intensive for the healers. It'll depend on your group though and whether you're 2-healing it.

Thanks for the suggestion.  It's usually back up by P2 and we're three-healing but great suggestion nonetheless. :-)

Thanks for the suggestion.  It's usually back up by P2 and we're three-healing but great suggestion nonetheless. :-)

You're welcome. Another good reason to save it for P2 is because HTT isn't clever enough to heal the people who need shields (as opposed to those who are low on health).

Nazgrim: Normal: work it out that the tank that is tanking the slimes (we use a monk tank who just tanks them) so you can cleave them down quickly without them running all over the place.

Not sure what you're talking about here. Do you mean on Kor'kron Dark Shaman? Most guilds tend to force the blobs to scatter on this fight.

Thanks for the rest of the tips though, I updated the guide!

Yes I did mean the Dark Shaman.  We have a monk tank who can hold them all while him and I cleave them down.  They all die within 3-4 seconds of spawning, so a external CD from a healer is a must.  Editted original post.

Edited by chevymonster

Started to work on Sha of Pride tonight.  Tried all three different specs through out the night and found the PE with EoE still tops the meters due to the amount of health the little adds have.  Also, I have to watch it more closely tomorrow night, but was using Glyph of Shamanistic Rage to dispell without gift on and I did not see a rage increase.  In 25 man you may get 1 or 2 healers selected for gift, if it's one having the ability to cleanse it with little or no (as I said I did not see my bar move upon doing it) could save you from death.  The debuff ticks very hard. 

****Note this still needs some testing I was going on visual of my corruption bar as I did this, no hard numbers were being shown. Has anybody else tested this or are they goind off earlier assumptions that it could cause corruption.

i use sham rage on pride a lot and am almost positive that you dont get any pride when you do.

i too am a fan of the tank running in a small cirlce for massive ooze cleave on shamans. being able to link chain lightning out from the boss theyre running around ups damage output a ton because your target never dies mid cast. our dk gorefiends them too and they melt in a nice little puddle. 

Edited by kitsu

Not sure what you're talking about here. Do you mean on Kor'kron Dark Shaman? Most guilds tend to force the blobs to scatter on this fight.

Thanks for the rest of the tips though, I updated the guide!

Why would they force the blobs to scatter?  I use Earthgrasp to hold them in place and slow them so I can CL.  Our hunter also drops a slow trap around them and they die pretty quickly.