FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stoove

Siege of Orgrimmar Elemental Shaman Style

Why would they force the blobs to scatter?  I use Earthgrasp to hold them in place and slow them so I can CL.  Our hunter also drops a slow trap around them and they die pretty quickly.

Simply because if they're scattered nobody can get instagibbed by them. Then again, we use a modification of the tactic; we get the tank with the defuff to run in a line to spread them out, and out Hunter AoEs them down making sure they walk away from the group. Much easier for us that way.

When I say scatter I don't mean have half on one side of the room and half on the other. I mean have them spread out a bit so that anyone who'se caught in them doesn't simply get instagibbed. It works a treat for us.

the melee and tanks in my group were always a bit upset when i told them to run a tight circle around one of the bosses to get the blobs as grouped as possible because when the ooze hits the ground it does a decent amount of damage. it took a while to convince them to a) trust me and [b ] get the hell away from teh boss the tank is running around.

if you do it right, being able to link cl off a high hp target like the boss kills all the slime amazingly fast.

its not a "try it once and if someone dies say it's too dangerous" kind of thing. you have to get good at it and then it works better than anything else.

Edited by kitsu

Our whole strat is completely different for 25 man regular.  We have a  monk tank take the boss who does slimes right outside the building area.  We have the other boss tanked up the hill (going towads the next trash pulls after the boss is down) with two tanks.  Range stays with the monk.  Melee with the hill group.  So down by range all we have to deal with is the tornadoes and swirly effects, red circles and everything else that guy does.  And all the melee has to worry about is the abilities the other does (red line and walls i think). Since its shared health we all just do our own thing. 

This strat is so amazing.  I dread LFR and the way its done there!

As for the cleansing on Sha, I tried to watch the number when I had to cleanse but of course there was a million things going on at once.  I would say it's definitely safe to cleanse.  If you do get pride it will only be 5.  And since pride is wiped at 30% anyways and assuming you can dodge stuff on the ground your pride number should stay relatively low.

"It's been reported that inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpg Glyph of Grounding Totem will allow damage to be reflected from Fire Arrows, so glyph for this to use regularly."

I know that regular grounding totem does not work at absorbing these arrows.  I run a shaman mod that announces if it was immune, or if it was absorbed or reflected and for how much.  I constantly got immune while it was up. 

I glyphed this and DID NOT get an immune spam, but I also DID NOT get a text of how much was reflected. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. I'm avoiding adding the slimes information since I've never encountered a 3-tank tactic before. The immunity information is interesting. Did it prevent the damage though? That's the most important thing :)

to 3 tank shaman is lame but if you need to kill it, it makes the fight really easy. ive done it in an alt run. you take one boss to the door and the other up the hill or in the hut where they start. the dude puts out the tank debuff so he needs 2 tanks and the melee go with him, and the ranged stick with the girl. everyone is out of range of the other boss' mechanics so you just sit there and feel sorry for yourselves until the boring, gimped fight ends with loot.

For Dark Shamans: Grounding Totem will eat Kardris' Froststorm Bolt. Given how much damage it does (a whopping 600k on heroic), this is a lot of damage you can help your tanks avoid by casting Grounding Totem on CD. No idea if the glyph would work with it, I'll try next time my guild does it.

• Like 1