FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stoove

Siege of Orgrimmar Enhancement Shaman Style

Immerseus Heroic
Earthgrap Totem can root the adds and help you control them depending on your guilds tactic.
Glyph of Shamanistic Rage will dispell the debuff you get from attacking.

Hello guys,not sure completly if I should post question here but the answer from someone might prove a useful contribution...my guild will be attempting Malkorok next raid, and there will most likely be two enhancement shaman in the raid group. My question concerns the use of AG. We are both aware of the major contribution it will make to the absorption shields, but I am not entirely sure if they can be used at the same time...like how one stormlash totem will override the effect of another, is there a similar affect on AG or can more than one be used at the same time for double healing? Also, am I correct in thinking that a heavy haste build produces more healing overall for the ability?

Thanks for any answers, and I hope that the answers can help other shammies in a similar situation :)

Hello guys,not sure completly if I should post question here but the answer from someone might prove a useful contribution...my guild will be attempting Malkorok next raid, and there will most likely be two enhancement shaman in the raid group. My question concerns the use of AG. We are both aware of the major contribution it will make to the absorption shields, but I am not entirely sure if they can be used at the same time...like how one stormlash totem will override the effect of another, is there a similar affect on AG or can more than one be used at the same time for double healing? Also, am I correct in thinking that a heavy haste build produces more healing overall for the ability?

Thanks for any answers, and I hope that the answers can help other shammies in a similar situation smile.png

Ancestral Guidance is a self-buff, so you can use yours and the other Shaman can use theirs no problem. I would actually recommend that one of you save your cooldown until after the first set of Voidzones! That way you can help your healers rebuild the shields nice and fast. You should then have it up for the next Phase 1 and be able to do the same again.

Sorry for the spam. I'll just keep posting what I'm doing until Stoove bans me.

Immerseus HC - forgot

Glyph of Shamanistic Rage can dispel the debuff you get for attacking the boss.

Protectors HC 
Glyphed the Fire Elmental so you have burst for every transition.
Glyph of MW5
Make sure you're comfortable with Wind Shear.

Co-ordinate with your healers on AG and offheals. It can get very intense.

Norushen HC

EM/PE build with Glyph of PE worked well. If you have AoC trinket ask to go first in. I went first in of our dps, came out and blew all my CDs. When "all" of our dps's had gone in to remove the corruption I had my CDs back up and we Bloodlusted with most of our dps with no corruption.

Glyph of MW5 - it can get hectic
Use AG and offheal when your healers go in to remove the corruption.

Sha of Pride HC
Glyph of Shamanist Rage and you save your healers a dispel (and pride).

Glyph of Spirit Walk can be nice, since you'll be running alot around.
Echo of the Elements isn't really viable since you won't be stacking and AoEing much.

• Like 1

Galakras HC
I've found that PE and Glyph of PE really helped bursting down the min-bosses and shamans.The banners, HTT and shamans are top priority. They have ton of health. I went with PE/EotE build. Otherwise pretty much same as normal.

Iron Juggernut HC
No real change from a dps standpoint. This is fight is just about surviving that insane damage.
Glyph of MW5 is a must.
Astral Shift is nice to minimize the damage from the first pulse
You can also eat the mines with Astral Shift, but talk to your tanks first.
If you have a shield, you could also make a weapon swap macro, since the damage is physical and mitigated by armor.
Use AG before the first pulse to make sure everybody is topped off before they get thrown.
Make sure you have MW5 before the pulse so you can CH the whole group when you land.

Cast HR as soon as you land to help with healing.
Talk to your healers about HTT rotation.
If you're not running to boss, just keep spamming heals to help out the healers. You won't be able to dps anyway.

Edited by Krakir
  • Like 1

Dark Shaman HC
Depending on if you're with Harrom or Kardris you want SBT or Astral Shift.

Harrom has a Toxic Mist wich is a 30 sec debuff that hits like a truck. Stone Bulwark Totem has a 30 sec duration so it fits nicely to mitigate it. I then popped Shamanist Rage near the end where you take increased damage.

Kardris has Iron Prison which always hits you for 100% hp so Astral Shift leaves you at 40%. Time it well.

Glyph of HST helps mitigate the nature damage, which really helps with Toxic Mist.
Remember to cast HR on raid before Falling Ash and even cast MW5 Chain Heal to help out.
Glyph of MW5

Other than: Nuke and move from stuff. Pure execution fight.

• Like 1

Nazgrim HC

PE/EM for burst on start and berskerk phases.
Glyph of Capicator totem helps with Iron Blades (you can stun the spin)
Symbiosis gives you Solar Beam that helps on Arcweavers.
Grounding Totem "CAN" work on the Arcweavers if his target is your group. So ask to be put in a non-tank group, so it has a potential on 5 instead of 3.
Earthgrab totem works on the Assins. Place it before they spawn. It will take him out of his invis and even if he breaks it he will be slowed.

This of course depends entirely on your setup and strategy but an enh shaman should be able to lock out the Arcweaver with Capicator, Grounding, Wind Shear and Solar Beam while your team nukes down the Shaman.

Save BL for the 2nd Bersker phase, there's gonna be more hectic things going on and you'll have your cooldowns up again from the pull.

• Like 1

Great contributions from Krakir again, I updated the guide.

Some of the points about totems were already noted in the guide.

Malkorok HC

Same as Normal. Just note that Windwalk Totem works on the Displaced Energy so your raid can move with the debuff.

Edit: You can also use Call of the Elements to reset the cooldown. Allowing you free both sets in one stack. CotE is not on GCD so you can macro it with WW totem.

/cast Windwalk Totem
/cast Call of the Elements
Edited by Stoove
  • Like 1

Malkorok Heroic additions.

1. Don't use HTT at the start only AG.

2. When the bloodrage is fading out, then you want to use AG+HTT to make sure that players are getting healed to full before the shields are applied and then getting a full shield.

If you have good raid frames you could make them track the shields of your raid. I did this and used MW5 HS to snipe players with low shields when the pools were coming. You don't wan't players with no or low shields to soak. They're gonna die or sit at a very low hp throughout the fight.

Shamans are quite good at soaking since we have
a) Nice mobility with Ghost Wolf and Windwalk Totem (if the add hits you)
b) Alot of self healing through MW5 HS and Wolves.
c) Pretty nice defenisve cooldowns with low cd. Shamanist Rage+SBT/AS

Just to give you some idea of our healing power. Here are some numbers from my first kill.
- Average healing: 66 k hps

- Peak healing:  500k hps at the start and 250k hps at bloodrage.  
- Total tealing: 21 M

Don't be afraid to use the full toolkit of the shaman to help you net kills you wouldn't otherwise get. If there's a player with no or low shield shield about to soak then he's gonna die. So then you have the choice to increase your dps by casting instant Lightning Bolt and loosing a whole player worth of dps or to throw a MW5 heal on him and even HR where he's standing to keep him alive and the raid moving forward.

I'd like to note that on Sha, self dispelling without Gift does not generate any pride. The same applies to a warlock self-dispel when sacrificing an imp. I believe that you only gain pride when it is a targetted magical dispel, which is almost only exclusive to healers.

A few of the spell links go to "flight of the netherwing", which as far as I'm aware is not a spell we have :P

Also, it's been said, but the UE+PE build is bananas on Norushen.  Highly recommended.  Glyph of Feral Spirits and Glyph of Lightning Shield are also great for that fight, since the damage comes in every 3 seconds and is quite intense.

• Like 1

A few of the spell links go to "flight of the netherwing", which as far as I'm aware is not a spell we have tongue.png

Also, it's been said, but the UE+PE build is bananas on Norushen.  Highly recommended.  Glyph of Feral Spirits and Glyph of Lightning Shield are also great for that fight, since the damage comes in every 3 seconds and is quite intense.

Thanks for the catch! I had pressed "spell" instead of "item" and ... well, there are only so many spell/item ID's out there. They should all be fixed now!