FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stoove

Siege of Orgrimmar Restoration Shaman Style

Just to toss my chips in the pile here, I think the major benefit of taking conductivity over the other two is that you not only get more time to spend on chain healing (though I spot heal with healing surge between screeches myself - 10 man setting), but you can also maintain an unleashed life healing rain for longer. This frees up more time for other casts during the phase, so it does mean you can get much more chain healing or what have you thrown in.

But, AG is also good for burst healing. Which one will end up better I think will really depend on your healing composition. My usual setup has a resto druid, myself and a holy paladin. And we also have a pair of DPS shamans. Between the 3 shamans and a devotion aura+tranq combination, we don't really need a whole lot of burst cooldowns on top of what we already have. Sustained healing becomes more important. So with that in mind, I find conductivity much more useful. Rushing streams feels the least potent, though I have nothing but personal feelings to back that up. This is likely because I don't run Call of the Elements though.

Updated with advice for the later bosses - Blackfuse, Paragons and Garrosh himself!

I'll just pop this here as well, it seems appropriate. Video of me healing and explaining Thok: http://youtu.be/-qxPcy5z6VQ

Thanks for the link!

For the Garrosh fight, I found glyph of spiritwalker's grace to be helpful. Since a lot of the raid damage is shadow, there's not much use to having the healing stream glyph like you would for the rest of the raid, and the extra 5 seconds of mobile casting really helps in the intermission phases. Another thing I found useful (at the tank's request) was windwalk totem to help break hamstring on the tank when the iron stars activate.

Also, when 2 healing, co-ordinate your major cooldowns with your co-healer. As a shaman, we have three, though spirit link is more of a minor cooldown during empowered whirlings (and as such you should save the major dps healing cooldowns for that). Ideally, you shouldn't get more than 3 empowered whirlings, 4 maximum, when 2 healing. Planning out your cooldowns in this way ensures your raid will have a major healing cooldown for each one. In my raid's case, it was tranquility > healing tide > incarnation > ascendance > spirit link. Comboing ancestral guidance + spiritwalkers grace together could be an option if you don't have enough throughput for a given whirling (or if your co-healer has no major aoe cooldown), and it will also make healing the transitions easier.

Edited by Cenerae
  • Like 1

I found that whether I needed to plan CDs in Phase 2 depended on which classes I was healing with. With our Druid, I could keep all my cooldowns until the end of the fight. With our Monk, we shared cooldown duty and pushed as much HPS as we could in P3. I updated the guide to try to explain that better.

but you can also maintain an unleashed life healing rain for longer. 

I'm pretty sure that the Unleashed Life buff only affects the original HR duration not the extra seconds from Conductivity? Can somebody confirm or rebuke?

I have to agree with cup on all matters. When I first killed Thok (mid september) I used conductivity and made a post on it. On our second kill I used Rushing Streams and in my opinion it gave much better results....which I failed ot update here.

Since the Screech has a fixed time and doesn't cut you entirely off, you should be able to place HR og CH between. Meaning conductivity doesn't help much with throughput.

Dark Shaman HC

I play enhancement so I sometimes forget to come with some resto tips when I'm our third healer. On dark shaman heroic I'm required to heal since we use the 3-tank tactic. I was top with a holy paladin and Harrom.

Talents:
1. Ancestral Shift is handy if you get the prison at the start. Also helps on spiky damage like falling ash, if you're targeted by foul stream or you're dipping too low.
2. Anything.
3. Call of the Elements. The Toxic Mist debuff is nature damage. You wan't to mititgate as much with a high HST uptime.
4. I used Ancestral Swiftness to reach my haste breakpoints and for "oh shit" moments.
5. Rushing Streams. There's a constant damage ticking. This helps smooth it out.
6. Primal Elementalist. Extra Heal and Damge reduction.

Glyphs:
Glyph of Healing Wave: You're gonna be casting it non-stop.
Glyph of Spiritwalker's Grace: Nice when you have to move or need some more throughput.
Glyph of Healing Stream: Nature resistant.
DO NOT Glyph Riptide.

Tactic
1. Keep riptide on you, the other healer and 1 tank.
2, Spam Healing Wave on the 2nd healer (and get 20% extra heal on you).
3. Move when Iron Tombs spawn.
4. Make sure Foul Stream only hits you and not the other healer. Sidestep out if it.
5. Rotate cooldown on falling ash. You need to make sure you and the other healer are topped when it lands.
 - Cast HTT 3 seconds before.
 - Use Ancestral Shift + Health Stone
 - Stack and use SLT
 - Use Ascendance and spam through it.
- Use Empower from the Elemental to mitigate damage and increase throughput.

Use spiritwalker's grace when you're targeted my foul stream or when you need extra throughput.
Use Astral Shift just before Iron Prison runs out, if you get it at the start of the fight.

Malkorok Heroic

You need to heal the right targets here instead of spamming or relying on smart heals.

Make sure your raidframes will show the following buffs:

- Weak Ancient Barrier
 - Ancient Barrier
 - Strong Ancient Barrier

One way is to color the health bars according to the shields on player. Red:Weak. Yellow: Medium. Green: Strong. This gives you a priority list.

You want to heal up those that have none or weak shields (red). Only people with strong shields should be soaking. They should be using personal cooldown since the damage reduction is applied before the damge from the pool is delt. So they don't loose as much of their shield.

Smart heals are useless on this fight since it doesn't work with the shields. You're gonna have to heal the right target by yourself :)

If the players make a circle around the inner ring then you should be able to reach all of them. Riptide blanketing can help sustain those shields and then single-target your target according to their shields.

During Blood Rage no-one should be taking damage except your tank/tanks. So you are gonna need to spam them. They're taking aaaalot of damage.

Ancestral Guidance is an awesome talent for this fight. You get to use at the pull and at every blood rage since its a 2 min cooldown.Use it at the start to help with shields but save your HTT/Ascendance.

You want to use your cooldowns near the end of Bloodrage. Making sure everybody is getting healed to full hp before the shield is applied and then maximizing the shield as quickly as possible. Use Ancestral Guidance and a throughput cooldown (HTT or Ascendance). If you only get one bloodrage you can throw everything.

Fallen protectors (at least hc version) using glyph of cleansing water is useful mostly because we dont really need glyph of chaining and there is a lot of dispelling going on. Not much but everything helps for that first kill.

Garrosh (normal), what a fight! In addition to what you have there id reeeally reccommend riptide glyph there even if you usually dont have it because there is a lot of movement in the fight and we dont have a lot of cast-on-the-move spells. Also if you can blanket with riptide before empowered whirling thingy you can save yourself some cooldowns.

We are trying Immerseus today - 10m heroic.

I read in a healing blog that HST, HTT, and AG aren't  beneficial in this boss for the contaminated puddles since they do not affect/heal them. Is this true?

What should you do in a case where the contaminated puddles come out sporadically separated, and not all togetherish? Should you ignore those farther and go for the ones closest/most bunched up together?

Is there a certain amount that , as a healer, you should get healed up? There are only so many  I can heal up at once with my chain heal, and ascendance will not be up for every phase (3 min cd).

If someone can help with this I would appreciate it, if not, I guess I will find out tonight!

3 is a good place to start. target and cast HS, and during the cast target the next. repeat for all 3 and then go back around and top them off. you should easily get them all because putting a heal on each will make them move slower. if you stand in line with the middle one try to top it off while its touching you for bonus mana. save your AS for CH on a few in a nice tight group and you may want to glyph riptide for this fight to get tides asap.

it's almost good that your cds dont work on them, you may need them for the fight. the dot can get rough. keep in mind the first 2 rounds are the hardest by far, and everyone gets him down the first time in berserk. have a tank pop cds at the end, and make sure dps arent forgetting about any slowed adds. slowing the adds too much and killing them too slow wastes valuable time.

their current health determines their movement speed btw, so fast big heals are best for the initial ones. if you have trouble getting 3, keybind HS to something you can hit in a hurry so you can target them and then hit it right away without mousing to your frames. (i like the "r" key and i rebound reply to "shift+r")

Just a quick note - on Dark Shaman if you free the NPCs in the cages they drop a totem that last the fight that gives players the 10% reduced fire, frost and nature damage.

I always glyph out of it and put in the Fire Elemental totem instead.

Just a quick note - on Dark Shaman if you free the NPCs in the cages they drop a totem that last the fight that gives players the 10% reduced fire, frost and nature damage.

I always glyph out of it and put in the Fire Elemental totem instead.

I'm fairly sure that the two stack, and don't think that the Fire Ele glyph really has value for Resto.

Anyone have anymore tips on how to survive HM Dark Shamans during Iron Prison? I have tried putting earth shield on me during the time the debuff is going to expire, ive tried SLT but id rather save that cd for an oh shit moment for raid, plus it has a 3 min cd and Iron Prison happens more often than that. I have also tried Astral Shift talent cd and totem of bulwark. I try to keep myself topped off and other raid members too, but it can get overwhelming. I usually die a lot during this encounter. I need help.

We have a disc priest, but he is sent out with the other tank to keep the bosses apart, while im set to stay with the raid for heals.

Im finding it difficult to stay alive , and pay attention to everyone and everything during al lthe chaos. Some tips would help ;/

Thanks ALL!!

I would usually use Stone Bulwark, as it's 1min CD matches up well with the earliest you can have 2 Iron Prisons in a row.  It should be sufficient on it's own, as long as you hit it around 4 seconds before the hit.

That being said, I would heavily suggest that you change it up, and use the Disc down below.  They're MUCH more powerful for dealing with Iron Prisons, and you are much more powerful at dealing with a powerful DoT like Mist.

• Like 2

Although it has been some time now since the last time we spread Shamans, about healing distribution what Hybrys said 100%. Shaman healing top, disc below is the optimal configuration.

What I'm not sure I agree about is Stone Bulwark. One dot tick or some other overlapping mechanic basically negates the shield and you'll die from prison. And since you'll be at top getting a dot on you is pretty much guaranteed. Thinking about it realistically, if you're healing top then most chances the only prison you're going to get is at the beginning of the fight. So you'll have to deal with its damage only once, and Astral Shift works remarkably well for that. Another option is to spec into PE and use your earth ele's reinforce to mitigate the damage, though for healing top UF is better.

Since we're stacking them, I always take astral shift (since bulwark is unreliable in this case) and spec into PE, so prison is really not a big issue. First goes to shift, second reinforce, third again shift. If I get fourth I just ask a disc/pally to help me out or use spirit link when near other folks. For fifth shift is back on.

Just the same. I'm healing upstairs on 10-man and disc downstairs. On 25-man it's me and holy pala upstairs, still disc and any other healer downstairs.

I remember how we struggled with exactly the same issue, when we tried me (resto sham) to heal downstairs. No point to do this, if you have a choice.