FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Siege of Orgrimmar Warrior DPS Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Arms and Fury Warriors attempting bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread smile.png

Table of Contents

Immerseus

Recommanded Spec:

• Fury. The adds aren't up long enough to justify Arm's AoE.

Tips:

• Take Double Time instead of Juggernaut, as back to back charges and Heroic Leap will be useful to get you form add to add during the split phase.
  • The last few split phases are going to hurt more than the first ones as there are more friendly adds. Coordinate your Rallying Cry with your healers.
  • For the normal phase, don't stand in bad stuff, move from his water breath and DPS him.
  • Switch to Berserker Stance (or defensive if you don't trust your healers) when the adds are about to reach the pool in the split phase.
  • (Heroic) Bladestorm will wreck the small Adds in the normal phase, and you can use it in the last few split phases too.
  • (Heroic) Make sure you pop a defensive CD if you're going to get hit by the swirl.

Links:

The Fallen Protectors

Recommanded Spec:

• Arms. There should always be 2 bosses close enough to each other to benefit from Arms cleave, and there are quite a few adds that can be AoE'd.

Tips:

• Bladestorm. He might not be stacked on the other 2 bosses, but as long as you have at least 2 targets to hit, be it the other bosses or adds, Bladestorm will win over Dragon roar.
  • Watch out of Rook's Clash, move out of his kick as soon as he casts it. 
  • Save your Rallying Cry for Sun's Desperate Measures phase if you can.
  • (Heroic) Sweeping strikes. Keep it up. Cleave damage is essential to beat the enrage especially if you're 2 healing.
  • (Heroic) Die by the Sword + Shield Wall will let you take ~10 stacks of the debuff from He Softfoot's add, but not more than that unless you have external cooldowns.
  • (Heroic) Since the adds in the Desperate measures phases share health with each other, you can taunt one of the small adds during Sun's phase and DPS on it to end the phase quicker.

Links:

Norushen

Recommanded Spec:

• Fury. The amount of adds isn't big enough to make Arms pull ahead.

Tips:

• Kill the adds in the normal realm. Every point of damage you do to the adds is mirrored to the boss.
  • During your Trial, kill the big add first, he's the only dangerous one. Move away from the Bolts from the small adds as much as you can.
  • Interrupt the small adds in the normal realm as much as possible (Take Disrupting Shout).
  • You can Heroic Leap over the Blind Hatred beam.
  • Bladestorm is a DPS gain, assuming you use it to hit at least 2 adds or one add + Boss when you use it.
  • (Heroic) This fight is a DPS race. Take your best single target build, but remember that all the adds have priority over the boss, and the damage you do to them is mirrored on the boss anyway.

Links:

Sha of Pride

Recommanded Spec:

• Fury. Adds die too quickly to warrant going Arms.

Tips:

• Save heroic leap to save people who get Imprisoned far away. Watch out as the middle of the room often gives you a "No path available" error.
  • If you have between 50-74 Pride when Swelling Pride is cast remember to go and soak your own void zone (it will have a green arrow above it).
  • Small adds perfectly line up with Bladestorm. Profit.
  • Switch to the add in the back as soon as it spawns. If you have high Pride don't stand close to it when it dies.
  • (Heroic) Ignore the small adds, your tanks will take care of them.
  • (Heroic) Big add in the back is a top priority. Make sure you Pummel/Disrupting Shout every one of its casts.
  • (Heroic) You can Heroic Leap to the Fissures on the ground to close them (as long as you don't have the debuff, so once every minute) and then Charge back the boss immediately.
  • (Heroic) This fight is a repetition of the same 5 moves over and over. Get in the habit of dealing with each one of those before the next move comes. 
    1: Small adds (let your tank take care of those)
    2: Banishment (Run if you get ported else destroy the add left behind)
    3: Prison (Get people out ASAP)
    4: Big add (Destroy it)
    5: Swelling Pride (Deal with it according to your pride level)

Links:

Galakras

Recommanded Spec:

• Arms. This fight is pretty much pure AoE.

Tips:

• Bladestorm. There will constantly be adds up until the 2nd phase.
  • If you go up the towers and get knocked off by the mini-boss you can charge back in if you are quick enough.
  • You can jump down from the towers and Heroic Leap to the ground to take no fall damage and do some damage on the adds.
  • Disrupting Shout to interrupt the Shamans.
  • You can use Spell Reflect to reflect the Flame Arrows to the guys up the towers.
  • Make sure to have all your defensives available for phase 2.
  • Flaming Arrows can be Spell Reflected and Mass Spell Reflected.
  • (Heroic) Phase 2 hurts. Never get more than 3 stacks of the Flames debuff, and make very liberal use of your Defensives.

Links:

Iron Juggernaut

Recommanded Spec:

• Fury. Pure single target DPS.

Tips:

• Never stand in front of the boss, doing so will give you the tank debuff and DoT, which will only put more stress on your healers.
  • During the 2nd phase, if you get knocked back, you can charge back in provided you are quick to reach your keybind.
  • If you are in the middle of a Heroic Leap, Charge or Intervene when the Shock Pulse cast finishes you will not be pushed back.
  • (Heroic) Shield Wall + Defensive Stance will let you soak a mine if you need to do so.

Links:

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Recommanded Spec:
  • Depends on the strategy your team is using. If both bosses are stacked together, go Arms for the cleave. If they're separated, go Fury.

Tips:

• Don't ever stand close to the adds from Foul Geyser. You will die.
  • You can Heroic Leap over the Elemental Walls and won't take damage most of the time.
  • if you get targeted by the Foul Stream, aim it away from the raid.
  • Make sure you have your cooldowns available for the sub-25% phase as this is when the fight gets crazy.
  • (Heroic) If you're DPSing on or near Wavebinder Kardris, Mass Spell Reflect can be used to reflect her Froststorm Bolt.
  • (Heroic) If you go into Defensive Stance right as Iron Prison is about to expire you'll only take 75% of your health as damage, opposed to 100%.
  • (Heroic) Sub-25%, bosses hurt. You need a raid or personal cooldown for every falling ash, and you need to use Defensive Stance + Die by the Sword or Shield Wall to survive the Iron Prison.

Links:

General Nazgrim

Recommanded Spec:
  • Fury. The adds don't spawn often enough and aren't up long enough to warrant going Arms.

Tips:

• Don't go near the warrior adds when they cast Ironstorm. If you do need to you can disarm them.
  • Kill the banner as soon as it spawns.
  • Take Disrupting Shout to have an extra interrupt on the Shamans or Mages.
  • Bladestorm will win over Dragon Roar as long as you manage to hit 2 things with it.
  • (Heroic) With Charge and Storm Bolt as stuns and 2 interrupts, you are well suited to keep the Arcweaver or Warshaman under control while your raid burns down the other.

Links:

Malkorok

Recommanded Spec:
  • Fury. Pure single target fight.

Tips:

• Get on your full on single target build and DPS hard.
  • Watch your shield. If you take life damage you won't be able to get healed back up until the 2nd phase.
  • You can easily soak the melee void zone, and save your Heroic Leap to jump to a far one if no one else can reach it.
  • Save Rallying Cry & Demo Banner for the Blood Rage phase.
  • (Heroic) Bladestorm will be up for every other add, so it will win over Dragon Roar.
  • (Heoric) Bladestorm will allow you to move unhindered when the add is near you. If it's not available use Heroic Leap to quickly get out of trouble.

Links:

Spoils of Pandaria

Recommanded Spec:
  • Arms, unless your raid is really lacking DPS on the biggest adds and AoE is fine then you can go Fury.
  • (Heroic) Fury, single target burst is way more important than cleave and AoE on the heroic version of spoils.

Tips:

• Save Heroic Leap to jump into Anima Golem's matter swap beams if no one else can get to them.
  • Bladestorm will wreck the adds.
  • Take Disrupting shout to have an extra interrupt on hand.
  • (Heroic) Using Bladestorm to hit your kill target & the sparks will help your raid a lot.
  • (Heroic) Make sure you cleave down the small statues from the Mogu boss. If he has more the 3-4 up, you *will* need a cooldown to survive its AoE.
  • (Heroic) As opposed to normal, the Blood Pools from the anima golems hurt. Be mindful of where you're standing.

Links:

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Recommanded Spec:
  • Both are viable. Fury will give you more damage in phase 1 whereas Arms' buffed Deep Wounds will give you better phase 2 DPS. Plan according to your raid's strategy.
  • (Heroic) Fury. Since you will be pushing a lot of stacks in phase 1 and will be almost exclusively on the jailer in phase 2, Arms Deep Wounds isn't as effective.

Tips:

• Save Heroic Leap for when you get fixated, to quickly get away from Thok. 
  • Never kite Thok through your raid.
  • During phase 2, you can DPS Thok during the first 1-2 fixates. Remeber to back up as he's casting fixate to make sure he doesn't immediately Chomp you, and go back to DPSing the jailer once Thok starts moving too fast.
  • When the frequency of the Screeches gets fast enough 4-5+ stacks, switch to Berserker Stance for extra rage.
  • (Heroic) *Do not* use your raid CDs for your own benefit even if it means life or death. Use them when your raid leader tells you to. It's better to have you dying because you didn't have any cooldowns left than to have the whole raid dying because you used a raid CD in a selfish manner.
  • (Heroic) Try, as much as possible, to save healthstones and defensive CDs for when you get fixated, since you will most likely be away from your healers.
  • (Heroic) You should take Bladestorm to kill the bats as fast as humanly possible.
  • (Heroic) The Screeches hit hard. Switch to Berserker stance for every one of them for free rage. As a last resort you can go in Defensive stance for them if you're in immediate danger of dying.

Links:

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Recommanded Spec:

• Fury. There is 0 AoE to be done on this fight.

Tips:

• If your raid allows Mines to spawn, you can Heroic Leap away from a mine if it's about to touch you.
  • On the conveyor belt, do not jump into the pipes to get out. Either Walk in them or use Heroic Leap to jump out without even taking the pipe. 

Links:

Paragons of the Klaxxi

Recommanded Spec:

• Fury. Arms AoE is wasted since the other bosses heal to full every time you kill one of them.

Tips:

• You can charge the Bloods when they spawn to make sure they don't reach the bosses.
  • When Korven the Prime is up and one of the bosses is about to each 50%, save your Colossus Smash to destroy the Amber as soon as it spawns.
  • If your group stacks the paragons, you should take Bladestorm over Dragon Roar, even though it sounds counter intuitive since the paragons heal to full once one is defeated. The reason is that Dragon Roar's diminishing returns on AoE makes it not worth it to use on a multiple target fight where only the damage on 1 target matters.
  • (Arms) Do not use Sweeping Strikes or Thunder Clap, this is only going to be padding the meters without helping your raid.

Links:

Garrosh Hellscream

Recommanded Spec:

• Fury. Arms AoE is useful in the first phase, but the boss damage in the 2nd and 3rd phases is what really counts.

Tips:

• Disrupting Shout is invaluable, to interrupt the Farseer in phase one and the MC'd people in phases 2 and 3.
  • Take your single target talents over the AoE ones since the AoE in phase 1 doesn't matter that much and you can't AoE anything in the last phases.
  • For empowered Whirling Corruption, remember that you can taunt adds from other raid members if they get stacked together.
  • If your healers are ok with it, go in DStance (or berserker stance if you really trust them) and pop Shield Wall/Die by the Sword for every Whirling Corruption to stay in melee and get more damage on the boss.

Links:

Remember to post your own tips, warrior friends!

I've been updating this thread and giving tips by myself since the beginning of this tier, but having other input would be awesome :) 

My rule of thumb is if there's a point in the fight where I can hit more than one target with bladestorm, I'm going to take it. I also take it on Iron Juggernaut just because the Mines can actually activate Dragon Roar's DR without actually taking damage, which isn't cool.

The only fights where I don't take Bladestorm are the pure single target ones, so Normal Malkorok, normal Thok and Siegecrafter.

Would like to point out that in the guide, you note that Dragon Roar should be taken over Bladestorm for Paragons. While it is important to note that any damage done to the other adds is essentially useless since the death of one Paragon results in the other being healed in full, therefore negating any damage done to them, Dragon Roar's DR when hitting 3 or more targets (which is nearly the whole fight) makes it less valuable than Bladestorm, which doesn't suffer at all from DR. I keep this guide up as my study bible every raid night but this is the one tip that I have found issue with. Thanks so much for all the help and tips. It has definitely made this warrior a much better contributor to his raid.

You are totally right. I'm on my phone atm so can't write a super detailed answer. I'll update the guide when I get home tonight though.

I updated the main thread. Forgot to update it back then since I haven't had a need to check the paragons tips since 3 weeks into 5.4.

If you have any tips of your own feel free to post them too and I can add them to the main post :)

It's a small thing, and not a class problem - but I take issue with "Never kite Thok through your raid." on Thok. Even in Monday LFR, I tell people "if you are not being fixated, it is your job to get out of the way". The only responsibility/s the fixated player has is to try run in a straight line, not get eaten and keep Thok away from the jailer.

My guild raid group has 4 markers inside the room. We do 3 fixates in the room, 1 down the corridor & 1 back to the far end & open the cage (we are somewhat melee heavy). Everyone is responsible for knowing where the boss is going - it does vary on fixate # 2 & 3, based on whether a ranged or melee player is fixated on # 2.

In the end, if you were not fixated and you got trod on, you screwed up.

It's everyone's responsibility to survive the fixate. Yes, the people that aren't kited have to make sure they're not in the path, but the person who's kiting has to make sure they're mindful of their kiting pattern. As you said, if your group has a predefined kiting path, then it's easy, but way too often I've seen Flex and LFR people kite Thok right over the jailer and the pile of raiders.

In the end, raiding is a team effort, and it's everyone's job to make sure the boss dies.

Could you please explain what to do on Nazgrim? I never know whether to stay on adds or stay on the boss. Our guild tanks him by where he spawns so it makes it kind of hard to go back and forth but I was just curious about what you do.

It all depends on your strat and raid leader. IF your RL allows you to stay on the boss, then have fun hitting a target dummy. If you have to go and get the adds, you have a better toolkit to do so than any other melee dps. In between 2 Charges (with Double time), Heroic Leap and Intervene, you can fly from boss to adds and back to the boss almost instantly.

The way my RL has me doing things right now is that I switch to the Arcweavers & Shamans, if any are up. In the case one of them spawns, I usually Leap to the middle of the room, close the gap with a charge, and then kill them. To get back, an intervene to a ranged dps or healer closer to the boss followed by a charge back in makes it, most of the time.

Regarding Garrosh HM:

- Shattering throw on the opening, same on P3.

- As i have one person puting the reduce armor debuff i take the the glyph of rude interruption so:

* you can use it on the Shaman right before the 1st transition so you have 6% buff for 10 s at least

* On 1st Transition you can use it at least one time on adds so you have 20s debuff for ending the adds + DPS on Garrosh

* For every CM time you used it on a player so you have 20s 6% buff for your DPS

- I take a mono template except one glyph (Glyph of raging wind is better for adds on P1 + 1st Transition)

- For the 1s transition: Keep up your meat cleave + Raging Wind up and refresh it right before being taking by Garrosh to the transition world so you should have 2 stack + 2 RB up for 10s. So you can heroic leap on your pack, use your RB and multi strike add. 

- For every WW time , or Stars on P1 switch to zerk stance + empty your rage right before taking the Damage.

- For P4: Do not hit the boss as soon as he start to make its speech. Just take 100 rage and wait in order to keep your proc from your cloak + trinket available for the P4.

* Switch to zerk stance + empty your rage right before the stars explosion.

* Follow the boss always and hit him.

* If your raid DPS is too low you can (Taunt banner + run away with adds) if needed. I never tried it anyway. Just think about it.

* And finnaly prey you see the Garrosh weapon (or Shoulder) on loot table.