FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mephinox

Need a new Dot Timer addon.

With the release of 5.4 my current timer has severely broken and there is no update for it. Just want something simple that has movable Bars that countdown and can be configured to order the spells by the time remaining on them.

Are you familiar with Affdots?  Everyone and their mom is using it because it's amazing.

Can't go wrong with Tellmewhen, either :) They've really made it simpler to use in the last few patches compared to earlier days.

Pick a spell (or a few, like I use one to track all three abilities of a talent tier for example), pick a target (player, target, focus, etc), pick some features/options, and there you go!

Combined with OmniCC you modify the clock-timer to include a number countdown (Everlasting Affliction).

It has expandable bars: multi rows/columns. Easy duplication and moving of icons: right click and drag to the space you want.

Conditional settings "display when not present and target exists".

Give it a shot and let us know!

Is Affdots working correctly for everyone, then? I've had problems with it displaying Corruption since the patch, and have also experienced the same issue with Nugrunning.

Can't go wrong with Tellmewhen, either :)

idd re TMW, but the reason for using affdots is that its giving you information on your current SP vs the SP on your current running dots thereby allowing you to decide whether to refresh or run them as long as possible

Is Affdots working correctly for everyone, then? I've had problems with it displaying Corruption since the patch, and have also experienced the same issue with Nugrunning.

It's fixed but there is a small bug, when you Soul Swap you dots to another target, all dot values are 100 like SS still snapshotting stats. Developer of AffDots knows that and a fix incoming soon.

• Like 1

It works for your primary target but not Inhale-Exhale'd targets like Sifon says.  The timers still work fine...it's the spell power coefficient that needs updated.

Like Subtletuna, I use Affdots for strength of DoTs only. For actual timers, I have my own WeakAuras I use that display my three DoTs on the left and Haunt on the right. Each has its own colored bar that decays as it runs out and then the numbers matching the colors on the outside. Also, to make it even easier to see, I have Wush stack display in blue below the timers so I can quickly gauge for reapplying.

Here's the string for it.

dSZQsaGEkf6LsuzBOOzsP0CjjnBv6Mkv5YuDBHCyeTtLSxy3sA)kv6NOQggc)wWYKWqrHudwPIHRQCqjY3qvogLCoHQfIkwkkyXkILtXdjjEkXJjvphPtlQPkYKrPPl1fLOQRkr5zQQUUcBKu6ZQYMvX2rH4Kuk6RuQAAK47uQmsuOgNIA0KuJxr6suk4wcLRPuopP4VOsVwPQookKmSqccjsOHqHy(jycjcclewKGq97HrhY1gch(Pe)9ST8Atqm(lhQjnFoKNjm(Guhrjt(9CdfllizwiLoNuoYnui3ajlsqmHRJeKOXTZiHgnAi(0pYkRZIjOHOJewwibzk)ZH6nwXkSiGCcg)zcJkRkHBWGewfqRcZcEff8M3ku(32yoJtSTFS(XIanK2KFp3GeKGDv(1RgWbYOMBinP55ne9bTdrCvNzDiDoYzHmOodEe4aPsg5uKWYcsPxOQbnewFY4CsA(CimUed7PTmBrdrTNFQBSS2iGCdKSibzqDUvYihtGycxhjirJBNrcnAidQZv)ssPGdKb15s)CDWbI(LKsrccnxFxhI9LyWw(Quo0qOFUosqO5676yzHgYG6C1drtiBWbnKtW4ptyuzt(0EyCi2S2U5qQ7QwILLFLQQ9o5(LggsQQ75Szsvt(0EyCQQcJAqACU2Ro3oeJ)YHAsZNd5ZeEgNsBFApmoKmlKsVD3PaIE4gmiHgIDz2wnwZqQJOKj)EUHILfKjK67)mHrLvLWnyqcllSiWQalcS(XIalfODEUGhX2MIILIIYmZnCITPGgYes99FMWOYY)COEJLfASkqcYjuBjBJowwkqyZ0VlPMKpTHydFq0W)COEJvCig)Ld1KMphs7tBiTj)EUbjib7Q8RxnGdKrn3qAsZZBi6dAhI4QoZ6q6CKZcH1NmoNKMphcJlXWEAlZwivYiNIewwqk9cvnOHmOodEe4GgsMfsPxkhT7ofqSlZ2QHwMeek8IV9pZZAJ4)NjoXuMHOhUbdsyvaT8iyQOWJGG4NN1SsHcoX2uW6hlc0qoHAdP8xgPmBU7oAd1gsDeLm53ZnuSSGmL)5q9gRyf)equ75N6gANjiy(hxHOywjobVTcCIPehYnqYIeKb15wjJCmbIjCDKGenUDgj0OHmOox9ljLcoqguNl9Z1bhi0pxhji0C9DDSSqdr)ssPibHMRVRdX(smylFvkhAidQZvpenHSbh0OX6hji6HBWGeAiNGXFMWOYQs4gmiHvb0Y7xHhHY8mX)mtEwmTWj2gpS(H2nMBwB8ysqueNNcpfcCITXenK2KFp3GeKGDv(1RgWbYOMBinP55ne9bTdrCvNzDiDoYzHW6tgNtsZNdHXLyypTLzlKkzKtrclliQemMXxNdv0qguNbpcCqdrTNFQBSS2iGCdKSibzqDU6xskfCGycxhjirJBNrcnAidQZL(56Gde6NRJeeAU(UowwOHmOox9q0eYgCGOFjPuKGqZ131HyFjgSLVkLdnAiNGXFMWOYM8P9W4qSzTDZHu3vTell)kvv7DY9lnmKuv3ZzZKQM8P9W4uvfg1G04CTxDUDig)Ld1KMphYNj8moL2(0EyCiti13)zcJkRkHBWGewwyrGvbwey9Jfbwkq78CbpITnfflffLzMB4eBtbnK6ikzYVNBOyzbjZcrLGXS7ofqMY)COEJvSccci2LzB1yndzcP((ptyuz5FouVXYcnwkib5eQTKTrhllfiSz63LutYN2qSHpizwiQemMuoA3DkG0M875gKGeSRYVE1aoqg1CdPjnpVHOpODiIR6mRdPZrolewFY4CsA(CimUed7PTmBHujJCksyzbrLGXm(6COIgYG6m4rGdAi6HBWGewfyrG1p0YK3S1CCRcI)nMXzoZdNyB8qdXUmBRgAzsqOWl(2)mpRnI)FM4etzgIg(Nd1BSIXdYjuBiL)YiLzZD3rBO2qQJOKj)EUHILfKP8phQ3yfR4NaIAp)u3q7mbbZ)4kefZkXj4TvGtmL4qUbswKGmOo3kzKJjqmHRJeKOXTZiHgnKb15QFjPuWbYG6CPFUo4azqDU6HOjKn4aH(56ibHMRVRJLfAi6xskfji0C9DDi2xIbB5Rs5qJgIXF5qnP5ZH0(0gnwBibzk)ZH6nwfeeqobJ)mHrLvLWnyqcRcSiW6hANv4X7NPcbHIcZcllcCIT9JgsBYVNBqcsWUk)6vd4azuZnKM088gI(G2HiUQZSoKoh5SqguNbpcCGujJCksyzbHXKJAJgcRpzCojnFoegxIH90wMTOHO2Zp1nwwBeqUbswKGmOox9ljLcoqmHRJeKOXTZiHgnKb15s)CDWbYG6C1drtiBWbc9Z1rccnxFxhll0q0VKuksqO5676qSVed2YxLYHgnKtW4ptyuzt(0EyCi2S2U5qQ7QwILLFLQQ9o5(LggsQQ75Szsvt(0EyCQQcJAqACU2Ro3oeJ)YHAsZNd5ZeEgNsBFApmoKmlKsNde9Wnyqcne7YSTASSkGuhrjt(9Cdflliti13)zcJkRkHBWGewwyrGvbwey9Jfbwkq78CbpITnfflffLzMB4eBtbnKjK67)mHrLL)5q9gll0yXejiNqTLSn6yzPaHnt)UKAs(0gIn8brd)ZH6nwX4bX4VCOM085qAFAdPn53ZnibjyxLF9QbCGmQ5gstAEEdrFq7qex1zwhsNJCwidQZGhboqQKrofjSSGWyYrTrdH1NmoNKMphcJlXWEAlZw0qSlZ2QH2nEBkmTi(liI)xmZubNykZqoHAdP8xgPmBU7oAd1gsDeLm53ZnuSSGmL)5q9gRIcciQ98tDdTZeem)JRqumReNG3wboXuIdrpCdgKWYcANNzUfNi(8MctMmzw8JtSTFSkWIanKBGKfjidQZv)ssPGdet46ibjAC7msOrdzqDUvYihtGmOox6NRdoqguNREiAczdoqOFUosqO5676yzHgI(LKsrccnxFxhI9LyWw(Quo0OHKzHW4uoA3DkqJfpKGCc1wY2OJLLce2m97sQj5tBi2When8phQ3yfROaIXF5qnP5ZH0(0gsBYVNBqcsWUk)6vd4azuZnKM088gI(G2HiUQZSoKoh5SqguNbpcCGujJCksyzbPSkTjNC9D3P05CZ6DourdH1NmoNKMphcJlXWEAlZw0qSlZ2QHwMfBkXJZJ5)FXpZ4XlWjMYmKtO2qk)LrkZM7UJ2qTHuhrjt(9Cdfllit5FouVXkwXpbe1E(PUH2zccM)XvikMvItWBRaNykXHOhUbdsyvaTZZ)eBZ82iuyQmt8BHtSTFS(XIanKBGKfjidQZv)ssPGdet46ibjAC7msOrdzqDUvYihtGmOox6NRdoq0VKuksqO5676qSVed2YxLYHgYG6C1drtiBWbc9Z1rccnxFxhll0OHKzHuwPuoA3DkqJ1msqMY)COEJvmR4eqAt(9Cdsqc2v5xVAahiJAUH0KMN3q0h0oeXvDM1H05iNfcRpzCojnFoegxIH90wMTqQKrofjSSGuwL2KtU(U7u6CUz9ohQOHmOodEe4GgIAp)u3yzTra5gizrcYG6C1VKuk4aXeUosqIg3oJeA0qguNl9Z1bhi0pxhji0C9DDSSqdzqDU6HOjKn4ar)ssPibHMRVRdX(smylFvkhA0qobJ)mHrLn5t7HXHyZA7MdPURAjww(vQQ27K7xAyiPQUNZMjvn5t7HXPQkmQbPX5AV6C7qm(lhQjnFoKpt4zCkT9P9W4qMqQV)Zegvwvc3GbjSSWIaRcSiW6hlcSuG255cEeBBkkwkkkZm3Wj2McAi1ruYKFp3qXYcsMfsz1D3PaIE4gmiHgIDz2wnwZqobJ)mHrLvLWnyqcRcOLhZI4ml4XKqHWABoECCIT9J1pweOHmHuF)NjmQS8phQ3yzHgR4ib5eQTKTrhllfi6HBWGewwyrGvb0Yl(CX8MLfHsbH1CbboX2(rdHnt)UKAs(0gInqHy8xoutA(CiTpTHOH)5q9gRyXjG0M875gKGujJCksyzbP8xxVn5t2zrdjyxLF9QbCqdXUmBRgAzsqOmBvq8tyPmZKygNykXHCc1gs5Vmsz2C3D0gQnK6ikzYVNBOyzbzk)ZH6n0gJhXpZzEff8ikMl4TPGtmLniQ98tDdTZeem)JRqumReNG3wboXuId5gizrcYG6C1VKuk4aXeUosqIg3oJeA0qguNl9Z1bhidQZvpenHSbhi6xskfji0C9DDi2xIbB5Rs5qJgsMfI9dQ6qy3DkqJgcJGLLcbbAa 

Edit: They show only on the target, and only work as Aff. Also, I used to use ForteXorcist, and it's a good Addon, but I found it gave me a lot of info I didn't necessarily need to know all the time, so I started doing WeakAuras for essentially everything I needed to know.

Edited by Kazistrasza

Why are you not using Affdots to do both?

I overlap my action bars with ButtonTimers so it counts down right onto my bars. I couldn't figure out a way to get affdots to do it (admittedly I didn't try very hard). I also switch affdots to horizontal bars, for Demo, which doesn't work

I've seen these weakauras...they're ok.  I just don't want more clutter on my screen.  More power to you.  I think your choices are best limited to weakauras or affdots.

I use Raven and found it pretty easy to set up.  Short Term Buffs bar for procs, target and focus debuff bars, positioned for ease of viewing.

AffDots is great for when your procs add up to time to refresh.