FORUMS
Damien

Mists of Pandaria Release Date Speculation

Blizzard just announced that the Mists of Pandaria Opening Cinematic will be premiered on the 16th of August at Gamescom 2012. For Cataclysm, the opening cinematic was released during Blizzcon 2010, a month and a half before the release of the expansion.

Based on this information, the recent start of the raid testing and the general state of the Beta, we believe that Mists of Pandaria will probably be released in either late September (18th or 25th) or early October (2nd or 9th).

World Premiere of Mists of Pandaria Opening Cinematic at Gamescom 2012

Posted Image

The largest games convention on Earth is happening in Cologne, Germany from August 15 to 19 this year. Blizzard Entertainment is excited to announce our presence at gamescom 2012, where visitors will have the chance to witness the world premiere of the World of Warcraft®: Mists of Pandaria™ opening cinematic. The latest creation from Blizzard’s cinematics team will be shown on giant screens at our booth on Thursday, August 16, the first fully public day of the event.

We're also pleased to announce that this year we'll be showcasing World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, Diablo® III, and StarCraft® II: Heart of the Swarm™! Don't miss your chance to experience the games first-hand and to meet members of the development teams. In addition, be sure to get creative and join in our famous dance and costume competitions.

Visit the Blizzard Entertainment booth in Halle 6.1 (B21) at the Koelnmesse in Cologne and prepare to be epically entertained. For more information on gamescom, check out the official site.

(Source)

• Like 2

Indeed. Without a new major content patch I would expect pandas to come out sooner than other expansions, and it is surely needed as there is not that much new/challenging stuff left to do.

Indeed. Without a new major content patch I would expect pandas to come out sooner than other expansions, and it is surely needed as there is not that much new/challenging stuff left to do.

Im assuming that there will be a "pre-expansion" patch that may see the implementation of "link achieves" "mounts" and the new talents. (A little similar to TBC and WotLK).

Hope so anyway, will manage to keep things ticking over

• Like 1

Im assuming that there will be a "pre-expansion" patch that may see the implementation of "link achieves" "mounts" and the new talents. (A little similar to TBC and WotLK).

Hope so anyway, will manage to keep things ticking over

I believe Blizzard have stated that this patch will come in 2 weeks prior to the release of Mists of Pandaria (as opposed to a month prior, as was the case with the other expansions).

Although I am excited about the new expansion, I'm less pleased about the potential release date. Was hoping for a little earlier release date. Purely for selfish reasons of course. I start my final year of University at the end of September so will be mentally busy from then onward!