Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zagam

Death Knight Tier 14 (T14) Set Bonuses

6 posts in this topic

T14 Blood 2P Bonus - Reduces the cooldown of your spell_shadow_lifedrain.jpgVampiric Blood ability by 20 sec.

T14 Blood 4P Bonus - Increases the healing received from your spell_deathknight_butcher2.jpgDeath Strike by 10%.

T14 DPS 2P Bonus - Your spell_deathknight_classicon.jpgObliterate, spell_deathknight_empowerruneblade2.jpgFrost Strike, and spell_deathknight_scourgestrike.jpgScourge Strike deal 10% increased damage.

T14 DPS 4P Bonus - Your ability_deathknight_pillaroffrost.jpgPillar of Frost ability grants 5% additional Strength, and your spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpgUnholy Frenzy ability grants 10% additional haste.

Edited by Damien
Updated for Patch 5.1.
1 person likes this

Thanks for posting.

They look just like what you'd expect entry-level set bonuses to be. It does not seem to me, at a glance, that they'd affect rotations very much.

I like the tank bonuses...lots of improved self-healing, because you know...DK's are pretty terrible in that department currently ;) I love tanking on my Death Knight...it's by far the most intricate and involved form of tanking. Using Death Strike correctly makes a good Death Knight even better and the set bonus will only enhance the difference between the know-hows and the know-how-nots.

The DPS bonuses are just improved throughput...pretty standard. Btw, Vlad, do you play a DK as your main?

I'm loving the blood bonuses. So pumped about the extra healing from DS. Can't wait!

Hey I am new to the forums so correct me if I am doing something wrong

I just got 2 tier 14 pieces from LFR (the Helm and the Shoulders) and I was wondering if the 2 piece set bonus is worth getting rid of my helm and my shoulder that I already have on (I have the Yi's least favourite helmet and the shoulders of Autumnlight)

Hey I am new to the forums so correct me if I am doing something wrong

I just got 2 tier 14 pieces from LFR (the Helm and the Shoulders) and I was wondering if the 2 piece set bonus is worth getting rid of my helm and my shoulder that I already have on (I have the Yi's least favourite helmet and the shoulders of Autumnlight)

Hey there!

The 2P set bonus for tanks, and for Blood Death Kinghts in this case, is not something as essential and easy to quantify as the DPS set bonuses.

You're looking at downgrading your stats in favour of getting a lower cooldown on Vampiric Blood - and I would argue that in general, this isn't worth doing. You could switch those pieces in for the bonus on any fight where you anticipate that you're going to need Vampiric Blood more often than it's normal cooldown, but that's about it.

I also realize you posted this a long time ago and I missed it - quite likely your gear dilemma is now out of date.