FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Elro

Different Blood Builds - Thoughts?

To all of the other Blood DKs out there, what are your thoughts on the new builds for Blood stat priorities? I know it's common to see Blood going with:

Mastery > Hit/Exp 7.5% > Dodge/Parry 

With the patch, I notice Haste has become a more important stat as well. Now, I'm well aware that many DK tanks in ToT, particularly Heroic modes, were stacking Haste and Crit after the Hit/Exp caps, to put out more damage. According to the guide here, that build is still viable, and clearly labelled as the "Damage dealing" setup, with noticeably lower survivability. My biggest question is about the difference between the Avoidance and Balanced builds, as:

Avoidance

Dodge/Parry > Hit/Exp 7.5% > Mastery

Balanced

Mastery > Hit/Exp 7.5% > Haste

How do these two builds compare to each other in terms of mitigation? And, in addition, is it more beneficial to prioritize Dodge/Parry over Haste, if you are going with the Mastery priority, or does Haste provide a stronger boost? My apologies if any of this is unclear, I'm not used to asking such questions.

i feel like a balance of haste and mastery is needed so you are ability keep death striking and not just standing getting beat on by the boss but also dodge and parry are nice for the avoidance plus the riposte effect to proc for bigger death strike heals makes it worth not taking away completely from avoidance on a dk

I always go mastery as the number 1 stat, in cata it was mastery > dodge  = parry > haste, but as of  MOP mastery > hit expertise to 7.5 > parry = haste > dodge.

Mastery is far to superior to prioritize it under anything else as a blood dk.

• Like 1

Thats excatly wat i do i have the horridon haste trink which really is nice for the added dps and rapid rune cooldown. Parry and dodge in SoO is alittle more important because of riposte being added in is a slight dps increase to avoidance tanks but with the vengence nerfs its not that much i feel like vengence really hasnt changed but i might not tanked enough yet.

I haven't gotten a full avoidance set together, but my instincts tell me the breakdown is going to be something like this

Mastery/Stam > Parry > Dodge > Haste

DTPS - Best

DPS - Worst

Haste > Crit > Mastery > Parry > Dodge

DTPS - Worst

DPS - Best

Parry > Dodge > Mastery > 

DTPS - Medium

DPS - Medium

I didn't put hit/exp into any of them just because I'm assuming pretty much everyone hit/exp caps now regardless of weights. We know for sure that Mastery is still the best survival stat, but I haven't seen any simulations yet that break down the dps gained by riposte to figure out how close dodge/parry is to haste. obviously 1 point of dodge/parry is worth .75 points of crit. I guess we could then just compare that .75crit to 1 point of haste, but then again I also haven't seen any simulations that are focused on the weights for tank dps to make that comparison either.