Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft patch 5.4: Siege of Orgrimmar. Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. We will continue to update this list as additional hotfixes are applied.
- Siege of Orgrimmar: Feature Overview
- 5.4 Patch Notes
- 5.4 Known Issues
- Technical Support & Troubleshooting
- Force of Nature Treant summoned by Restoration Druids should no longer die immediately after casting Swiftmend and Efflorescence.
- Landing a killing blow with Shadow Word: Death should no longer incorrectly grant 2 Shadow Orbs.
- Conflagrate now has a 15% chance to generate an additional Burning Ember.
- Incinerate now has a 15% chance to generate an additional Burning Ember.
- Soul Link is no longer incorrectly being applied to the second demon summoned through Grimoire of Service.
- The Darnassus Mission: Players on this quest should no longer be placed into an incorrect phase when using Curious Bronze Timepiece from Journey to the Timeless Isle.
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
- The raid leader's boss progression in the raid instance now determines which bosses are still available when starting a Flexible Raid. Check out this forum post for a detailed explanation on the change.
- Siege of Orgrimmar
- Purifying Lights now always spawn in the same locations on Flexible Raid difficulty.
- Damage from Titanic Corruption's Hurl Corruption ability can now be absorbed by damage absorption shields.
- Sha of Pride
- Fixed an issue where players were able to obtain a second Titan Runestone from the Sha of Pride after having already received one on a different difficulty setting.
- Flames of Galakrond is now more responsive in detecting when it passes through a player and provides a a clearer visual as the flames decreases in severity.
- Lor'themar Theron (Horde)/King Varian Wyrnn (Alliance) no longer uses taunt on Galakras.
- Spoils of Pandaria
- Reduced the delay before Crates of Pandaren Relics may be opened on Flexible, Normal and Heroic difficulties.
- Malkorok will now correctly apply Fatal Strikes on a tank even if they successfully dodge his melee attacks.
- Kor'kron War Wolf's Dread Howl now works like a normal fear and can be removed or dispelled by non-self cast abilities. Self-cast abilities like Berserker Rage or Will of the Forsaken do not work at this time and will be addressed in a future patch.
- Mistweaver Monks stunned with the Touch of Y'Shaarj affliction will no longer be impossible to hit due to Dematerialize.
- Thok the Bloodthirsty
- Fixed an issue where players can take damage from creatures that are still locked in their cage.
- Garrosh Hellscream
- Faith, Hope, and Courage effects no longer stack with each other while in the Realm of Y'Shaarj.
Battlegrounds and Arenas
- Rogues can no longer use Shadowstep on Antipersonnel Cannons in Strand of the Ancients.
- Effects for Legendary cloaks no longer activate while fighting against other players.
- Fire-Watcher achievement now requires players to obtain 2,000 Bloody Coins as an Emissary of Ordos or Ordon Fire-Watcher (down from 10,000 Bloody Coins).
- Players will now correctly receive credit for Big Bag of Herbs towards the Going To Need A Bigger Bag achievement.
- Lava pools created by Illusionary Flamecallers should no longer damage Monk statues or Shaman totems.