FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NoamNatan

Affliction help

i can see many topics open with this related question :)

i never actually liked affliction i tried it for a month when 5.1 was out and it was quit disaster to me

but now i decided to remove destro which i liked and adapt affliction once again

i follow reforge suggestions as ask mr robot suggested:

Hit > Haste > Mastery > crit

i set crit to 0. crit is sh*t right?

it was quite costly to change everything

but i'm not happy with the results

i can barely reach to 145k dps which is very low to my ilvl

then i switched to demo (offspec) and poof! 190-200k very close to SimulationCraft 

so i guess i probably did something wrong with the reforging/gemming

i think i can handle affliction rotation pretty well, though sometimes i mess up with Haunt

like throwing it when the previous didn't finish or just before i need to refresh my dots

need to practice more

so can someone help me with reforging weights? i think i have too much haste to be honest, leaving lower mastery

so what balance i should use?

my armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Vaildor/simple

Your reforging looks good, other than being 171 over the hit cap. You can definitely get that closer to 5100. If you're coming up short of your other spec, the problem isn't your gear. It's how you're playing the spec. Without you providing a log to look at, the first things I can assume is you are probably not keeping a solid uptime on Haunt and/or letting DoTs fall off, or really probably just not taking advantage of snapshotting your trinket procs.

quite after i posted this thread i asked a warlock in my guild how much haste he has and he has 9778

i tried that out because i had like 13k and the rest i pumped in mastery

and todays tot raid had amazing results

i don't know if it because the bosses nerfs but i pulled very high numbers :)

The more you have of a stat, the more valuable other stats become. It's why you want to have a balance between haste and mastery.

i can see many topics open with this related question smile.png

i never actually liked affliction i tried it for a month when 5.1 was out and it was quit disaster to me

but now i decided to remove destro which i liked and adapt affliction once again

i follow reforge suggestions as ask mr robot suggested:

Hit > Haste > Mastery > crit

i set crit to 0. crit is sh*t right?

it was quite costly to change everything

but i'm not happy with the results

i can barely reach to 145k dps which is very low to my ilvl

then i switched to demo (offspec) and poof! 190-200k very close to SimulationCraft 

so i guess i probably did something wrong with the reforging/gemming

i think i can handle affliction rotation pretty well, though sometimes i mess up with Haunt

like throwing it when the previous didn't finish or just before i need to refresh my dots

need to practice more

so can someone help me with reforging weights? i think i have too much haste to be honest, leaving lower mastery

so what balance i should use?

my armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Vaildor/simple

I'm very skeptical that it was your stat weights causing you to do 50k less DPS as Affliction than Demonology.  In fact, I'm 100% sure there was some gameplay issues when you were Affliction.  This is a common problem that is not corrected by the common misconception that it was your stats holding you back.  Got a DPS log?

i only have logs of demonology

but today i could see quite difference, unfortunately i forgot to make a log because it was pug group

we were in norushen i first tried as affliction,

dps was very low and when i changed to demo i had like 30k more dps even with not 15% spell hit because i didn't reforge while there

here is recount shoots, not sure if it's usefull enough 

0z5e.jpg

Recount pictures don't mean a thing to us in terms of DPS analysis.  It's like trying to understand the plot of a book by checking out the cover.