FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Caolela

Destro 5.4 stat prios

@waramaur, its going good , 2nd dps in my guild at the moment up against a frost DK, im doing about 170k+ dps (constistantly compared to demo where i was going to 240k burst at the start , then lvling out at 140k ish).

using the havoc macro from icy veins still and its awesome when you glyph havoc.

creating embers is no problem at all and the rotaion is not hard at the least.

dont listen to what ppl are saying , i would recommend destro , it is still a viable spec with alot of punch. butonly let down by the fact that you connot chaosbolt whilst you move anymore, but apart from that its good.)

regards 

Nalar.

be a rebel and go against convention !!!!

I hear you loud and clear, but I seem to do better with this toon even at a lower gear level.  Maybe i'm just kicking rocks because I'm tired of sucking lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so now i'm REALLY confused.  I just ran SimC (540-1) for the hell of it on the following toons:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cho'gall/zagam/simple

Stat weights:  (Demo) (Patchwerk DPS 281,847)

Int:         8.17

SP:        6.61

Hit:         8.92

Crit:        3.56

Haste:    4.52

Mastery: 4.33

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/undermine/Kylasyria/simple

Stat Weights: (Demo) (Patchwerk DPS 186,713)

Int:         5.42

SP:        4.25

Hit:         5.62

Crit:        2.33

Haste:    3.12

Mastery: 2.99

Stat Weights: (Destro) (Patchwerk DPS 184,607)

Int:         5.48

SP:        4.36

Hit:         4.59

Crit:       3.03

Haste:    3.01

Mastery: 3.27

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/undermine/Critolis/simple (the lock in my guild I compare myself too)

Stat Weights: (Destro) (Patchwerk DPS 215,805)

Int:        6.28

SP:       4.78

Hit:        5.33

Crit :       3.55

Haste:    2.76

Mastery: 3.20

Demo's cool down is Mastery

Destro's is Crit

Affliction is Haste

Based on the aforementioned CDs for each spec, would an intuitive person think that they should gem/forge pure mastery, crit, and haste respectively?

Zagam (demo) is gem/forge for Mastery, but SimC states that he should be gem/forge for haste.

Kyla (demo) should gem/forge for haste.

Kyla (destro) should gem/forge for mastery.

Crit (destro) should gem/forge for crit.

I surmise that AMR is an overall an general way to reforge classes, but it guarantees it's results as optimal.  Further, I thought i remember reading they get their results from theory crafters at Elitist Jeks (not sure if they're the standard anymore like in BC).

So, does this mean that SimC is more accurate because it weighs things individually based on current gear?  If so, do we follow SimC because it is the "gospel" or is the jury still completely out on absolute stat weights?  It just seems there are too many variables to consider.

Here are some answers...

In regards to me, the stat weights are VERY close, and that's with my super loaded Mastery set up.  I'm at like 15.5k Mastery and 9.5k Haste because I like it that way.  I'm very fluid with my rotation and know how to optimize my burst windows, so more Mastery = more burst.  Mastery also affects all pets and with the 2pc bonus, I'm going Supremacy because of the multplicative effect.  Regardless, the Haste and Mastery weights are so close that you're not supposed to interpret them as "SHOVE ALL STATS INTO ONE BECAUSE ITS THE HIGHEST."  This is a very common misconception.  Stat weights are DPS gained per point of secondary stats.  HOWEVER...if I were to reforge 2k of my Mastery into Haste, those values would change and Mastery would be higher again.  Stat weights are dynamic...and remember, those values are for PURE single target!  Find me a pure single target fight outside of Malkorok.  Mastery > Haste in regards to ANY AoE or cleave.  Also, I sim ridiculously high now because of the 4pc.  It's that awesome.  And I'm using UVLS.

As for the other reforges, look at Kyla's stat weights.  Haste - 3.03 and Mastery - 3.01.  THE DIFFERENCE IS NEGLIGIBLE!  If you were to change out 10k Haste for 10k Mastery in this situation AND THE WEIGHTS DIDNT CHANGE, you'd lose 2k DPS THEORETICALLY!  In reality, the answer is you'd lose an ass ton of DPS because you broke your Haste/Mastery synergy.

For Destruction, the stat weights differ GREATLY from single target to cleave.  When you cleave, you're greatly increasing the potency of Mastery because Mastery has a greater effect on Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn than Crit does.  When you're cleaving, you're using these abilities to hit more than 1 target thus giving you more bang per stat point. 

It's a general consensus among top theorycrafters and players that for all 3 specs, you take Haste to a threshold you enjoy and can be reached while keeping Mastery higher and getting rid of as much Crit as possible.  Simcraft is a tool to help you find information, but if you interpret it incorrectly, shitstorms will be had.

As for the other reforges, look at Kyla's stat weights.  Haste - 3.03 and Mastery - 3.01.  THE DIFFERENCE IS NEGLIGIBLE!  If you were to change out 10k Haste for 10k Mastery in this situation AND THE WEIGHTS DIDNT CHANGE, you'd lose 2k DPS THEORETICALLY!  In reality, the answer is you'd lose an ass ton of DPS because you broke your Haste/Mastery synergy.

Carried one extra zero there, sir.

10,000 * 0.02 = 200

Zagam, thank you for your response, more food for thought.

My next question is about gemming...currently I only reforged for Mastery.  Should I change my gemming to Mastery as well?  If I do, then I end up losing over 2k spell power

Zagam, thank you for your response, more food for thought.

My next question is about gemming...currently I only reforged for Mastery.  Should I change my gemming to Mastery as well?  If I do, then I end up losing over 2k spell power

Talking about your red gems?  Personally, I think you get more bang for your back with secondary stats with gems for ONE reason...they doubled the stat allotment for secondary gems.  You might LOSE 2k Intellect/Spell Power, but you'll be gaining 4k Haste/Mastery. 

Talking about your red gems?  Personally, I think you get more bang for your back with secondary stats with gems for ONE reason...they doubled the stat allotment for secondary gems.  You might LOSE 2k Intellect/Spell Power, but you'll be gaining 4k Haste/Mastery. 

And I said to myseeeeelf, what a wonderful woooorld (of warcraft). I'm retarded.

Preface this post by saying I am not a top 10% player but I do raid regularly and those times when I have had to pug I have always been invited back cause I can stay out of crap and put out respectable numbers. I also had this lock as my main since 08. I have done 25's but prefer 10's

SPEC vs SPEC

I run simcraft as a test of my abilities vs theory as opposed to spec to spec. Here is my theory pick the spec you are best in overall and run with it. I could never master Demo so even when it is the best spec my Destro will out shine it (for me). Affliction works very well when you are the top or near top DPS in the group but I have insane burst dps classes in my raid team and on adds Affliction pressure style gets lost. My preference is Destro but my Affliction proficiency is quite decent. Look at your raid team and figure out what do they need more a nuke or a plague and go from there

SPEC WEIGHTS

Now isn't this fun. I have not seen this much talk about Destro spec weights in forever. I have tried the Mastery as primary, Haste as primary and Crit as primary. (thank god I have gold). With multiple combos of secondary. For my play style and team , Crit / Mastery (hit more things harder) for add fights and Crit / Haste (hit one thing faster) for single target seems to be my best combo. Not a fan of mastery first it seems very sluggish, Maybe I haven't seen it on enough fights yet and I might try it later on

I have gemmed into int / crit gems or pure crit gems where applicable. There is my 20 cents worth