FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
andmer

For the Lazy -- try Incanter's Ward

I dislike the micromanagement of rune of power and evocation really interrupts the rythm and flow sooo much. Sooo I decided take a look again at Incanters Ward, and really its very decent unless your complete min/max for progression or whatever.

"When this effect ends, you gain up to 15% increased spell damage for 25 sec, based on the absorption used.

Passive:
Increases spell damage by 6% and increases mana regeneration by 65%. This effect is deactivated while Incanter's Ward is on cooldown

"

My thoughts If you get the +9% from the shield being absorbed great, if not well maybe next use. It is FAR less intrusive (instant cast/global cooldown) to gameplay then either alternative. And if you forget about it for a minute or two, you still have the passive 6% boost and 65% mana regen buff.

I find it refreshing, also the mana regen works great with arcane in my limited testing. Also you dont lose evocation if you ever really need to use that as well for glyph healing extra mana.

I do this lol, Its such a hassle to stop your rotation or dps to cast evocation or rune of power. I know its aDPS  lost but I just cant be bothered with the other too and is extremely annoying.

It's good as a crutch. It's not better than the two other choices in any situation, but I can appreciate it for what it is. If you are using IW as Arcane, you should never ever use the shield, because the steady mana regen is key to maintaining the rotation, and you lose that while it's on cooldown. If you're Fire or Frost, then you can use it during predictable raid damage or just leave it off.

I used to feel the same way and I was a HUGE supporter of Incanter's Ward.  Well, I finally decided to give evocation a real college effort and it boosted my dps pretty significantly.  Incanter's ward just ain't going to get the job done in most situations.  I had a temporal shield/incanter's ward macro that I loved, but it's just too much of a dps loss to consider.  If it was only a small loss I would go back but it's too wide of a gap.  That's why it's easy....

• Like 1