FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Missmisery

Balance Questions

I'm trying to help a guildie reforge and gem to help her dps(she feels she's incredibly low just going by SoO first boss and last few bosses in ToT).  Putting her into AMR, it dumps alot of her haste into mastery, putting her at the 35% haste breakpoint.  I was reading around some of the other threads and I saw that it might be beneficial to get to the next breakpoint of 10,289 haste. 

Trying to optimize it to that 10k breakpoint, she gets to 50% haste buffed, 32% crit and 28% mastery.   I guess I'm trying to find out would it be more beneficial to go with the 10k haste reforge or to go with the other that favors mastery over haste?

This is her armory link:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uther/Tigara/advanced

Edited by Missmisery

At her crit levels, yes I think it would be beneficial to reach the higher breakpoint. She only loses 3% crit and gains over 4% haste, while still being over 30% crit overall. The two obvious advantages are: She gains an extra tick from her dots, and wrath is now in line with the GCD.

How far is she in the legendary quest? That meta is huge for us.

Edited by Cohumulone

I'd love to take a gander at logs. Not seeing any for Vigilance on Uther. The first boss is a terrible measure for DPS. Lots of micro-breaks waiting for oozes, and you don't really have time to cast nukes during those phases, especially near the end if there are more healing globs.

Comparing apples to oranges won't help her morale. How many other people in the raid have metas and/or cloaks? If most do, assuming all other things equal (player skill, etc), they're going to have two big advantages over her DPS, and unless she's the top boomkin in the world, she's not going to cover that gap.

I haven't been keeping up with logs lately, I'll try to get some started again this week.  Sadly all of our other dps have the meta and cloak, like I said she's been putting most of her time into classes and family, so she gets to log on to raid 2 out of our 3 days or just to clear her farms on off nights.

I tell her as long as her oozes are dying, her damage is fine, but people like to see those numbers sometimes.  I'll do some logs tonight and hopefully she can be here for immerseus and fallen protectors tonight.

Edited by Missmisery