FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Buqu

Any Tips for Prot Warriors in Proving Grounds (Endless)?

I find that I fare very well on Endless, until reaching waves in the high 20s. Spending nearly half an hour getting to wave 28 only to wipe to the excessive amounts of damage is becoming quite the proverbial thorn in my side.

I've played with multiple glyphs and specs, and seem to have found a setup that works well. Obviously, I make ample use of CC, stuns, and kiting whenever pertinent. The issue seems to be lack of available cooldowns to survive the damage in later waves; while managing CDs has always been one of my strengths as a tank, the mobs do hit harder with each passing wave, requiring large CDs much earlier on in each phase as the encounter progresses (the aforementioned CC, stuns, and kiting only go so far, especially when adds need to die quickly).

So, my question is: have any warriors out there obtained the title "The Proven Defender" (the only players I've seen with it so far are monks, pallies, DKs and druids, which is a tad discouraging...)? And if so, might you kindly pass on any tips for living long enough to see that elusive wave 30?

Edited by Buqu

I'll let you know once I find some time to actually try the Proving Grounds. I haven't even been able to set foot in yet.

I'll let you know once I find some time to actually try the Proving Grounds. I haven't even been able to set foot in yet.

Awesome, thanks!

PG is a brutal, but effective, teacher. It will likely pose little challenge for as seasoned a tank as you seem to be, but for me at least, it's a ton of fun. I look forward to seeing your feedback on it, when you do find the time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Velovictus
      Heyas all! Here's a short music video paying homage to all the protection warriors out there Much Love!

• By Velovictus
      Heyas all! Just a short video paying homage to all the Protection Paladins out there, Much Love!

• By Reicha7
      So the stat priority page of the guide ranks haste much higher than strength but the consumables guide recommends the feast for strength even though the haste food offers more haste which should make it the better choice surely?
      Hoping someone more aware of the theorycrafting to clear that up for me.

This mainly applies for raiding by the way but if there is a different answer for M+ I am interested to know the answer there.
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By Neshama
      Hi, several players told me, that my warrior is not having enough HP as he should with current item level.
      Here is the link to armory
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/burning-legion/wienkszy

How can I push my HP higher, is there any way I can increase it ?  Trinkets, relics, items. Am I  missing something ?