Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zagam

Warrior Tier 14 (T14) Set Bonuses

11 posts in this topic

T14 DPS 2P Bonus - Increases the damage done by your ability_warrior_savageblow.jpgMortal Strike ability by 25% and increases the damage done by your spell_nature_bloodlust.jpgBloodthirst ability by 25%.

T14 DPS 4P Bonus - Reduces the cooldown of your ability_criticalstrike.jpgRecklessness ability by 150 sec.

T14 Protection 2P Bonus - Reduces the cooldown of your spell_holy_ashestoashes.jpgLast Stand ability by 60 sec.

T14 Protection 4P Bonus - Reduces the cost of your ability_defend.jpgShield Block ability by 5 Rage and increases the damage absorbed by your inv_shield_07.jpgShield Barrier by 5%.

Edited by Damien
Update for Patch 5.1.
1 person likes this

Same as for Death Knights, as I posted before, this won't influence the rotation at all for DPS Warriors. Looks pretty useful, though. Especially yummy lower cooldown on Recklessness.

yeah.

very easy to understand.

flat 25% dmg increase to warrior DDs signature ability. no rotational change.

simple. but amazing!

protection. for increased schild block uptime. nice.

-30sec on last stand. :/ its "okay"?

I think the usefulness of the spell_holy_ashestoashes.jpgLast Stand cooldown reduction will depend on the fights' mechanics. If there are a lot of times when damaging abilities come at intervals that are lower than 3 minutes, it could prove quite handy. Otherwise, I guess it'll just be a nice perk that may be useful every now and again.

yeah. maybe that bonus will get handy at pandaria beginning.

as you get better gear you wont be needing it as a "must-have" to survive some boss fights without outside CDs.

well. its a 2piece bonus afterall. so not really powerfull.

yeah. maybe that bonus will get handy at pandaria beginning.

as you get better gear you wont be needing it as a "must-have" to survive some boss fights without outside CDs.

After normal comes heroic, so the set bonus can still be useful for the entire progression path :)

T14 DPS 2P Bonus - Increases the damage done by your ability_warrior_savageblow.jpgMortal Strike ability by 25% and increases the damage done by your spell_nature_bloodlust.jpgBloodthirst ability by 25%.

T14 DPS 4P Bonus - Reduces the cooldown of your ability_criticalstrike.jpgRecklessness ability by 150 sec.

T14 Protection 2P Bonus - Reduces the cooldown of your spell_holy_ashestoashes.jpgLast Stand ability by 60 sec.

T14 Protection 4P Bonus - Reduces the cost of your ability_defend.jpgShield Block ability by 10 Rage.

These set bonuses are really strong, but at the same time they seem a bit boring, don't you think?

I mean, just take tier 13 for example, making shield wall raid wide, that's super awesome and a lot more fun in my opinion. Instead of just lowering CDs they could do something cooler.

These set bonuses are really strong, but at the same time they seem a bit boring, don't you think?

I mean, just take tier 13 for example, making shield wall raid wide, that's super awesome and a lot more fun in my opinion. Instead of just lowering CDs they could do something cooler.

Very few tier bonuses will ever line up like the 4p tank bonuses in T13. They implemented that due to the high rate of raid wide damage. In ICC, DPS and Healers could completely avoid all damage on many of the fights by executing mechanics correctly. There is not one single fight in Dragon Soul that anyone can avoid all damage ever. You can often see the design of raids impact the tier bonuses of tanks and healers. Before DS was ever released, I had my Disc Priest switch to her Holy Paladin due to the anticipated high amount of raid wide damage. Be prepared for sloppy first attempts in T14 with mechanics that seem daunting at first. Eventually, T14 healers will be bored because their raiders will have adjusted to these new mechanics instead of the current trend of 'stack and heal through it' type encounters.

Yeah, they are boring. But then, most set bonuses from the start of expansions were boring.

For reference:

Tier 7:

Tier 11:

Granted, the BC set bonuses were more interesting. And I don't think it's an excuse, to make lame set bonuses just because it's the start of the expansion :)

Yeah, they are boring. But then, most set bonuses from the start of expansions were boring.

For reference:

Tier 7:

Tier 11:Granted, the BC set bonuses were more interesting. And I don't think it's an excuse, to make lame set bonuses just because it's the start of the expansion Posted Image

At least they managed to get away from the "boring" talents now in MoP, guess we have to be happy about that and just do with these set bonuses, still would like to see more "fun" set bonuses tho!

Edited by Garthd

T14 Protection 4P Bonus - Reduces the cost of your ability_defend.jpgShield Block ability by 10 Rage.

The 4 set on Prot is wrong. It is suppous to be 5 less rage for Shield Block and 5% extra aborsb for Shield Barrier