FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
PhilColins

Single target Help

Hello there. Long time follower of the forums and was curious if anyone can help me out.

• http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Philcoli%C3%B1s/simple
  • I swap out the multistrike one for UVLS, the log that I posted, I didn't use Kardris. I also didn't have my legendary then (got it on Thursday yay!)
  • http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/29monzbl2qcms00e/sum/damageDone/?s=5124&e=5465
  • Use can also use the link to browse through other logs that I have.
  • For affliction, I keep up haunt as much as possible while using SB:SS if I get good proc's. I'll hardcast dots if they have a duration of 50% or less or if I have a proc about to fall off, otherwise I hardcast when the dot is going to fall off..
  • I see that WoL has many palyers doing substantial damage compared to my medicore and I'm not very thrilled that I'm not at the top of our guild meters. I'm wondering if it's a gearing issue or not.

Analyzing the logs, is there anything out of the ordinatry? Based on my stats, do you think it would be worth while to go to the 13k haste BP? I tend to switch between afflic and destro between fights through experimenting which I like better. It looks like I'll drop destro soon and roll demo for next week. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Possible reasons are:

1. Not using portals/KJC. Both help a lot during second phases, when you have to get to boss soon and to kite lasers. If your trinkets decide to proc during those phases, and you're far from Jaggie, your DPS will suck.

2. Not using Affdots. No comments here, must-have for affli.

About destro-spec - destru doesn't need haste anymore, so consider switching to demo (equal stat-weights to affli). Or consider abandoning affli and go all critty and nuts about CBs =)

Hello there. Long time follower of the forums and was curious if anyone can help me out.

• http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Philcoli%C3%B1s/simple
  • I swap out the multistrike one for UVLS, the log that I posted, I didn't use Kardris. I also didn't have my legendary then (got it on Thursday yay!)
  • http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/29monzbl2qcms00e/sum/damageDone/?s=5124&e=5465
  • Use can also use the link to browse through other logs that I have.
  • For affliction, I keep up haunt as much as possible while using SB:SS if I get good proc's. I'll hardcast dots if they have a duration of 50% or less or if I have a proc about to fall off, otherwise I hardcast when the dot is going to fall off..
  • I see that WoL has many palyers doing substantial damage compared to my medicore and I'm not very thrilled that I'm not at the top of our guild meters. I'm wondering if it's a gearing issue or not.

Analyzing the logs, is there anything out of the ordinatry? Based on my stats, do you think it would be worth while to go to the 13k haste BP? I tend to switch between afflic and destro between fights through experimenting which I like better. It looks like I'll drop destro soon and roll demo for next week. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you're playing Destro/Aff, 9778 is the last breakpoint you'll reach.  Destruction has a Haste ceiling, and you'll be slamming into it with the next breakpoint.  Pushing your Haste up to another breakpoint isn't going to magically generate you another 10k DPS. 

Looking only at Iron Juggernaut (best single target gauge)

DoT uptimes: looks good

Haunt uptime: 50% - looks good

From a playstyle point, everything looks good.  You used Dark Soul appropriately.  That said, I'm not sure UVLS is so good for single target Affliction because you're also using a ramp up trinket like Wush.  UVLS is great for multi-target because you can spread 100% crit DoTs everywhere, but for single target, that effect is going to be smaller.  It has an opportunity for great RNG and huge damage, but you didn't see that here. 

You will see a HUGE lift with the cloak.  I mean huge.  The 2pc will be nice if you keep UVLS because it'll essentially buff your single target DPS 10-15%.  Playstyle looks fine...you just need that cloak and some new gear.