FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Renarin

Casual Raider - Aff/Destro Lock NEED help plz!

Okay so i'm pulling around 55k to 80k in fights and if i'm reading in my item level i should be doing twice that currently.

Now I mainly played Destro cause its the easier of the three specs i'm told for rotation and what not. But My guild is currently getting into Flex Raiding and 10 Man normals. SO I need to pick up my DPS

This is my Toon:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Renarin/simple

Now I downloaded Affdots to help me with my Rotation but maybe i'm confusing it

• I start with SB + SS, Haunt, Grasp (If Jade procs redo SB + SS)
  • Grasp and keep dots up NO haunt (unless proc for Haunt then Haunt)
  • <20% SB + SS, Haunt, DS (keep using SB/SS to keep dots up and keep Haunt up)

Now i'm using Darksoul on CD... and Making sure to reapply dots on Jadefire proc

But the way my DPS is looking... I think I'm just failing horrible. 

Please help this newbe out... I've tried to do all the research i can on my own and feel like i'm failing horrible. 

Hm. Try installing WeakAuras to keep track of major trinket procs (you've got UVLS, at the very least, and if you overwrite critting DoTs with jade DoTs, I guess it'll be a DPS loss). And try learning the meaning of colors in Affdots, 'cause it helps a lot. If you see AD showing 273 on some of your DoTs, it means you have to reapply them.

By the way, you are reforged for something like destro spec. It's a drastic DPS loss for affli to go all crits, and even for destro it's bad to reforge mastery into CrCh. Go read about haste breakpoints for affli and forge back to mastery/haste. Crit is good for destro, but not as good as mastery, and it is still possible to be destro with mastery/haste.

Okay so i'm pulling around 55k to 80k in fights and if i'm reading in my item level i should be doing twice that currently.

Now I mainly played Destro cause its the easier of the three specs i'm told for rotation and what not. But My guild is currently getting into Flex Raiding and 10 Man normals. SO I need to pick up my DPS

This is my Toon:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Renarin/simple

Now I downloaded Affdots to help me with my Rotation but maybe i'm confusing it

• I start with SB + SS, Haunt, Grasp (If Jade procs redo SB + SS)
  • Grasp and keep dots up NO haunt (unless proc for Haunt then Haunt)
  • <20% SB + SS, Haunt, DS (keep using SB/SS to keep dots up and keep Haunt up)

Now i'm using Darksoul on CD... and Making sure to reapply dots on Jadefire proc

But the way my DPS is looking... I think I'm just failing horrible. 

Please help this newbe out... I've tried to do all the research i can on my own and feel like i'm failing horrible. 

Logs.  Link Logs.  You can't fix a car by looking at it.  You have to see what's working and not working under the hood.  Post logs.  Don't post armories.  I can fix your Warlock without ever looking at your profile or secondary stats.  Just post logs.

Yeah on the whole reforge for Destro... after last night I took the time to reforge and move back to Destro Maybe I'm just cant do Aff. I'll still need help with the Destro side of things really going to look into that Reforge Mastery Crit and fix that. Wasn't aware about that I though Crit>Mastery>Haste but i'll change that asap

Remember, changing/fine tuning your playstyle and rotation will almost always provide more DPS increase than dabbling in secondary stats. A really good warlock with full crit gemming/forging can most probably out DPS an average warlock with "perfect" gems/forging.

Logs.  Link Logs.  You can't fix a car by looking at it.  You have to see what's working and not working under the hood.  Post logs.  Don't post armories.  I can fix your Warlock without ever looking at your profile or secondary stats.  Just post logs.

just went through all public active guilds on his realm's World of logs. didn't see him anywhere. there may not be logs currently.