FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
davidmac267

demo help

Hey Guys I'm brand new to demo switch from destroy and was wondering if you could help/clear some questions I have

1. Should I be going int-hit-mast-haste-crit ? I'm reading as much as I can but I just not sure what to do. also i was going to use mr.robot but it was telling me to gem pure mast? is that right?

2. I'm a bit confused with where or not i should be using the glyph of imp swarm or not?

3. should i be using fel flame on the move? also should i be casting this instead of shadow bolt?

4. should i keep using my normal mode UVLS or upgrade it to one of the new trinks in Soo?

I know these probably seem like dumb questions I'm just having a hard time finding out what i should be doing as of 5.4 and not what was done in 5.3 thanks for any help and tips you guys can give me

1. hit (15%) > haste (breakpoint) > mastery > haste >= crit. pick a haste breakpoint based on what's easily attainable at your gear level; for example i use the 9211 breakpoint. AMR should be fine, make sure you look at all the configuration options in case something is wrong.

2. don't use it, especially if you have 2pc t16, the 20% uptime on fiery wrath is really good with consistently having imps out

3. ideally you can anticipate movement periods and prepare to go into meta for that so you can spam TOC instead of fel flame. do not use fel flame instead of shadowbolt for normal rotation, only use fel flame when moving without KJC and without meta form.

4. use normal UVLS. it's BIS for demo for the entire tier pretty much.

I wouldn't throw Imp Swarm to the dogs quite yet.  I'm still getting very good results with it.

I wouldn't throw Imp Swarm to the dogs quite yet.  I'm still getting very good results with it.

Yeah, when I look at the highest dps demo locks, most have the glyph.  That doesn't mean that they are using it, except maybe very specific situations.  Looking at the difference between your glyphs and Zag's, Imp Swarm is the only one that could even possibly increase dps.  It could be a case were in theory, something is barely worth doing, but in practice it is... or vice versa.

He doesn't have the 2pc yet.  He's right until you get 2pc, then the glyph becomes a detriment.  However, the detriment is decreased by each target you have UVLS Doom working on.  There are only so many Soul Fires you can toss out...it's a relatively small difference regardless.