FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ManicHispanic85

I need help with my Affliction Warlock

...I'm currently sitting at ilvl 474

I know my gear isn't great...but I use to do HUGE dps from levels 1 to 89. Then at 90 I just felt a massive dip in dps. I feel like I can't do ANYTHING. I barely get Nightfall procs...I spend most of my time hardcasting dots now because I don't have the soul shards to spare to keep dots up. I get one soulshard every 15 to 20 seconds now...if that.

The way I open a boss fight...

Dark Soul: Misery > Haunt > Soul Burn > Soul Swap > Malefic Grasp...

It's at this point...I only have 2 shards left...6 seconds later I use another Haunt...one soul shard left...another haunt...no soul shards and now I have to hard cast my dots again.

This never happened before level 90. I'm just wondering if this is going to be a regular thing of hard casting my dots all the time. I loved affliction because I could soul swap...and bam...all my dots...refreshed...and then I could focus on my haunt and keeping malefic grasp up. Now I can't do that because all my dots are on the same global cooldown. Maybe I just don't have the skill required to play this class?

If someone could PLEASE help me out here...I'm open to all opinions. Go ahead and check out my gear...let me know if there's something I can do.

In dungeons I'm hitting around 30k in heroics with my current gear...which IMO isn't good.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Jayrazzyraz/advanced

Also, I know I'm ungemmed...but...my main issue is that when I switch to Destro...I hit about 50k...and when I switch back to afflic I'm just BARELY hitting 30 when I try my hardest. There's gotta be an issue with my rotation that I'm missing...if someone can please help me out, that'd be great...I'm not that informed with the odds and ends with how to dps properly...but I know I should be hitting for more than 30k.

First off, sitting at 476 item level is a bad thing.  Head over to the Timeless Isle and get yourself 496 in every slot except for your Weapon.  Once you do that, you should be at an acceptable item level to hit all the new content such as LFR ToT with its buffed drop rate and SoO LFR at 496 item level. 

Destro hits harder at lower item levels.  You'll be better off staying Destruction until you get around 530 item level.  With the recent buff, you might just stay Destro all the time.  Destruction is also much easier to play.  It's hard to give advice to someone not fully optimized, so go make some more efforts and come back when you're gemmed, enchanted, reforged, and spec'd correctly.

Ah alright, I may just have to do that. Currently I've been running heroics to buy 489 jp gear...but I'll look into this Timeless Isle thing. Thank you.

I just honestly don't like Destro because it reminds me too much of my fire mage...it's almost identical in the way they're played. That's why i wanted this DOT based lock...but I guess I'll have to wait for better gear.

Check out Icy Vein's guide for the chest locations. Almost fully geared my fresh 90 priest just running around opening them.

If you're still missing some pieces, you can use the gambling chest place and "spend" your coins to get more gear. 

You are guaranteed a 535 upgrade from the blazing chest up by Ordos, and have a chance at more 535 from everything else.

A big secret unknown to me until yesterday...you can buy Burden of Eternities from players who killed the same rare as you, regardless if you were grouped.  I wasn't in a group with anyone, got a Burden from Huolon, jokingly said in /1 'WTS Burden of Eternity I don't need on this toon" and got spam whispers.  I settled on a dude who offered 3500g fully expecting it to not be able to be traded...boom, traded to him.  I'm like WUT. 

So yes, if you loot a Burden of Eternity from a rare mob, you can trade/sell it to ANYONE else who hit that mob, regardless of being in group.  This means you can also BUY them from someone else.  Be prepared to pay or be patient, your choice.