FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Megimo

Timeless Trinket

Hmm, , , so I killed and I killed and I got 50k tokens. . . but not so sure as a frost mage I want a trinket that procs critical strike.  

Like to know what others think :)

Sadly it's not very good sad.png 

The trinket order for frost should be: Black Blood of Y'Shaarj > Kardris' Toxic Totem > Purified Bindings of Immerseus

On the bright side Frost got a buff today :)

Hmm, , , so I killed and I killed and I got 50k tokens. . . but not so sure as a frost mage I want a trinket that procs critical strike.  

Like to know what others think smile.png

I don't think you can use burdens on trinkets?  I tried, it wouldn't let me....

Also, I would take those 50k coins and go right to the treaure cache cave.  Even though they nerfed the drop i've still gotten two burdens in about 40k coins over all my toons.

She was referring to the 50k trinket you can buy (Yulon's Bite) smile.png

I would recommend the mount also.  Between Flex and LFR, gear is easy to get!

She was referring to the 50k trinket you can buy (Yulon's Bite) smile.png

I would recommend the mount also.  Between Flex and LFR, gear is easy to get!

Oh, duh....my bad lol!!!

• Like 1

This is slightly off-topic since it isn't about the "timeless" trink, but it is a trink question.

I have 530 Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault and just got the 528 Frenzied Crystal of Rage....I thinking i should stick with my SPA trink...thoughts?

This is slightly off-topic since it isn't about the "timeless" trink, but it is a trink question.

I have 530 Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault and just got the 528 Frenzied Crystal of Rage....I thinking i should stick with my SPA trink...thoughts?

The cleave trinkets are really quite terrible as they don't hit your main target an additional time, so basically only useful on fights with a lot of adds and even then it is debatable.  I would stay away from the cleave trinket alltogether.

Frost doesn't choose the crit proc trinket because (usually) of the crit capping issue they run into.  As most people are saying I would also reccomend farming up some fun stuff from the isle insted of buying a sub par trinket.  The LFR Immerseus trinket or Totem or BB from Garrosh when it comes out will beat that one hands down every time.

I'm confused about the trinket situation as well.  Seems like we only have two that are even at all acceptable.  The Bindings of Immerseus and the one off Garrosh.  All the rest are cleave trinkets.  I disenchanted my upgraded 530 Wooshlay and i'm thinking of asking for an item restoration considering it's listed on many sites as a bit better than the cleave trinkets.

I'm confused about the trinket situation as well.  Seems like we only have two that are even at all acceptable.  The Bindings of Immerseus and the one off Garrosh.  All the rest are cleave trinkets.  I disenchanted my upgraded 530 Wooshlay and i'm thinking of asking for an item restoration considering it's listed on many sites as a bit better than the cleave trinkets.

The Cleave trinket is horrible for basically everything but a few specific situations/bosses.  Now the Kadris' Toxic totem may read slightly wierd but the normal mode version may as well say this for the equip portion. (These numbers are approx)..

Equip: "All Spells do 5% additional damage"

This is because your spells have a ~15% chance to do 33% of their damage again.  15% x 33% = 5% bonus damage over the course of a fight.  This trinket is leaps and bounds better than wooshoo and you should try and get it if you can. 

That being said the Black Blood from garrosh with its sheer amounts of haste will be better, but you are far more likely to snag a Toxic Totem before a BBOY drops (unless you are farming full clears weekly).

Hope that helps!

TLDR: cleave trinket sucks, multistrike awesome.

The Cleave trinket is horrible for basically everything but a few specific situations/bosses.  Now the Kadris' Toxic totem may read slightly wierd but the normal mode version may as well say this for the equip portion. (These numbers are approx)..

Equip: "All Spells do 5% additional damage"

This is because your spells have a ~15% chance to do 33% of their damage again.  15% x 33% = 5% bonus damage over the course of a fight.  This trinket is leaps and bounds better than wooshoo and you should try and get it if you can. 

That being said the Black Blood from garrosh with its sheer amounts of haste will be better, but you are far more likely to snag a Toxic Totem before a BBOY drops (unless you are farming full clears weekly).

Hope that helps!

TLDR: cleave trinket sucks, multistrike awesome.

Oh, okay, the toxic totem is the one I got.  AMR lists Woohalay (sp?) as better than it.  In fact, the only two trinkets better than the previous tier are the Garrosh and Immerseus trinkets.  Anyway, right now I have both Bindings and ToxTot.  So I guess I'll just roll with those for now....

I don't think i'm going to upgrade the toxictotem though

Oh, okay, the toxic totem is the one I got.  AMR lists Woohalay (sp?) as better than it.  In fact, the only two trinkets better than the previous tier are the Garrosh and Immerseus trinkets.  Anyway, right now I have both Bindings and ToxTot.  So I guess I'll just roll with those for now....

I don't think i'm going to upgrade the toxictotem though

If you ever decide to do arcane or fire, toxic and bindings are your BiS. BBOY is debatable for fire instead of toxic, some of those guys love the stacking int trinkets.

When you look at AMR are you using "Relative" rankings or "Absolute" for your trinkets?

If you ever decide to do arcane or fire, toxic and bindings are your BiS. BBOY is debatable for fire instead of toxic, some of those guys love the stacking int trinkets.

When you look at AMR are you using "Relative" rankings or "Absolute" for your trinkets?

Relative or Absolute?  I have never heard of such settings.  I will have to investigate further....  So absolute should be what you are judging by?

Relative means relative to our gear currently which upgrade is the best. Absolute would be like if every trinket were on a shelf at the store to be bought solo, which would be better on its own.

Edited by Royals
  • Like 1