FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
EgoReaper

Destro Lock Reforging help

Yea..I'm using ktt till I can get my hands on bboy lol. And I agree. 6.6% was a lot of RNG lol. Most the time it hangs out in the 4.5%-5% region. No luck on pbi either which from what I understand does amazing things >:D

Edited by Ilyenna

Primarily, Destro locks use fire spells and chaos bolt.  Most of which are affected by [spell=77220].  Since it is not practical to reforge between boss fights and majorly inconvient to reforge between raids, I suggest mastery stacking.  I personally favor crit over haste on items that already have mastery. 

You want to gem for intel and mastery where ever you can, reforge to mastery or (I favor crit) on items that have mastery.  Aviod items that have spirit like they had cooties.

Keep your item bonuses in mind.  a 522 tier piece is better than a 535 timeless piece

Since you start with 1 burning ember, wait a few seconds for the tank/s to pull and group your victims into a nice, tight little barrel for easy shooting.. then open with Fire and Brimstone and Immolate (immolates all target with a given area)

So now you have your dots ticking, toss rain of fire on the pack.  Those 2 will build an insane amount of embers, so you get to use Fire and Brimstone again, and immolate x1, then conflagate x3, immo x1, conflag x3, refresh immolate and rain of fire asap, rince and repeat.  When your trinks proc or you have full embers, use havoc on one boss, and chaos bolt a 2nd target.  (either 2nd boss or that pesky ranged mob that is shooting stuff at a healer)

Since most of your spells are either fire or chaos bolt (shadowburn) mastery is the way to go.  Crit will make all those dots and RoF stikes have a better crit chance,.  Personally, I would rather more crits on my ticks than a slightly faster cast time on immolate or chaos bolt.

Even in non top end gear, on a bad pull on trash, I was able to pull over 500k dps and tank the pull, since healer was keeping me up, assisted by my embertap, at least until the tanks were able to gather up the aggro from the messed up pull.  (NOT blaming the tanks for that.... I think we all know WHO made the bad pulls *cough-huntard-cough*)

I also suggest using a macro such as (very simple form)

/cast embertap

/use healthstone

providing a HUGE heal

as well as holding your soul stone in reserve to use on another player (due to your own huge self heals)  My priority is Tank > Healer > Top dps > your buddy/guildie.  I use a macro with this as well (cant remember the code) but.. it says in raid chat and whispers the target, "Targetname is soulstoned".    It really makes you look like a raid god if the boss is nearly dead, raid is nearly wiped, and you can get a tank up and finish off the boss.  ( Did it once and tank was last man standing- I got him up, boss killed me, he finished off the boss solo) *it sucks to wipe with boss at 2k health* lol

This is as of latest patch as of this date.   It seems like there are a lot of people thinking haste and crit are better over all, for "certian fights" and that just isn't the case.    This is for PvE as well.  I'm not sure for pvp. (probably master>haste>crit)  would be my guess.

Ok, first big mistake:

Since you start with 1 burning ember, wait a few seconds for the tank/s to pull and group your victims into a nice, tight little barrel for easy shooting.. then open with Fire and Brimstone and Immolate (immolates all target with a given area)

So now you have your dots ticking, toss rain of fire on the pack.  Those 2 will build an insane amount of embers, so you get to use Fire and Brimstone again, and immolate x1, then conflagate x3, immo x1, conflag x3, refresh immolate and rain of fire asap, rince and repeat.  When your trinks proc or you have full embers, use havoc on one boss, and chaos bolt a 2nd target.  (either 2nd boss or that pesky ranged mob that is shooting stuff at a healer)

You forget that you start with 1 ember. Using FnB immo consumes that ember, leaving you with 0. Rain of fire generates a low amount of embers, and immo won't until it ticks. So, unless you have lust, zerking, and tempis repit up, you won't be getting your embers back for awhile. That means you won't be continuing with the rest of your opener. FnB conflagration should be the first to be used as it is most likely to give back the ember you spent immediately allowing you to continue to use FnB.

Next:

Even in non top end gear, on a bad pull on trash, I was able to pull over 500k dps and tank the pull, since healer was keeping me up, assisted by my embertap, at least until the tanks were able to gather up the aggro from the messed up pull.  (NOT blaming the tanks for that.... I think we all know WHO made the bad pulls *cough-huntard-cough*)

Hello, Soulshatter????? 90% threat drop anyone??? And if you think hunters are the only cause of bad pulls, you never pay attention. I've had locks, mages, priests, hunters, and rogues pull a boss before the tank was ready.