Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trompu

Gearing up and T15 bonus (tank)

2 posts in this topic

Hello fellow protadins =) last night I was lucky enough to get my hands on some shiny loot, but I'm struggling trying to figure out what to equip, first of all, here's my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Palarus/advanced, as a 10M normal raider in a "not-so-progress-oriented" guild I never got past 2pc bonus last patch, and last week I got my 553 tiers hands from the celestials, but decided not to equip to avoid breaking the set, the thing is last night I got Darkfallen Shoulderplates and it got me thinking, I've done the math and, by taking out both T15 pieces and equipping those 553 pieces I can get an extra 3% haste, but I can't make up my mind wether I should keep or drop the bonus, it's worth noting that I decided not to switch to EF, still running SS so I think I'm not getting full benefit from 2pc.

Would love to hear some opinions, thanks!

Yeah, if you're SS build I would break it and go with higher Ilvl pieces  :)

EF got a nerf this week and SS is pretty close in value now so all good there.

Good luck! smile.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cabony
      Our guild <Do it For Practice> is looking for a possible merge. We have been clearing content since release but hit a roadblock lately. We easily have the capacity to clear hard content, but we are just lacking a serious amount of players. This leads to other players leaving because of lack of players and the vicious cycle continues.
      The people in our guild are all extremely friendly and willing to help each other out. This is what kept our guild alive for this long, the base core is really strong. Having to pug players for mythic raids has just become a real big issue because it leads to a lot of time lost while all we want to do is just progress through hard content.
      Currently we are basically in need of a big amount of dps players, could make room for a tank and some healers if necessary.  The people we do have are all extremely geared. The average item level of our raiders is 880.
      The only way I see this problem solved is by simply merging with another guild that is experiencing the same kind of issues.
      We are an 18+ guild, most of us are 20+.
      We are open to many ideas, just talk to me about it.
      Prefer if you add me on real id, Matthijs #2267 or otherwise in-game, Cabony.
      Thank you for reading.
    • By Cabony
      Hello guys, Do it For Practice is recruiting on Stormscale EU, Horde side.
      We killed Nythendra, Ursoc and Elrethe on mythic and trials of valor heroic odyn and guarm.  Our next goals are the dragons and eye mythic.
      The current raiding days are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7-11 server time. Besides normal raids we also have regular mythic+ groups going.
      The age requirement is 18+. Most of us are 20+ currently, I am 26 myself.
      We use the RC Lootcouncil addon for our loot distribution, so we can gear our players as well as possible and let the least amount of loot go to waste. We strive by the philosophy of making the entire guild stronger as a whole, not just some players. This is so we can have the strongest group possible to continue progressing trough mythic content.
      I am sure the players we currently have are more than capable of clearing most mythic content currently out. We just need some more players to help us in achieving our goals.
      We are currently looking for some dps in the form of, but not limited to: Shadow Priests, A Hunter,  WW Monk, Warlock or Warrior. Having more than one playable spec is extremely valuable here!
      Please be at least 865+ before you apply, we are past the point of progressing trough easy content. You need to be able to hold your own. However we do have a social rank, if your friends wish to join us as well!
      Interested?
      Add Matthijs#2267, IGN = Cabony
    • By maviebris
      Hey everyone. I'm worried that my time invested in BM is for not. However, with the changes coming to MM, my thoughts are that BM may still be a viable raiding spec. I enjoy BM because of its freedom of movement.  A dead hunter does no damage, and that my motto. With that being said, I want to be sure I'm maximising my damage output. I'm currently waiting on some drops, namely trinkets, which I've been incredibly unlucky with, but other than that, I'm geming for mastery, and enchanting agi where needed. Currently, in raids, with flasks and potions, I've been ranging in dps from about 265-310, depending on the fight.  Given my gear, I feel like I should be doing more. I'm unsure if I'm hitting a ceiling with BM, or if it is something I'm doing wrong. I've been following the standard rotation posted on icy-veins, and even under normalized conditions on training dummies (no flasks etc...), under 2-3 min rotations, I've been peaking at around 270k dps. Any thoughts on this?

Here is a link to my armory. 
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eldrethalas/Maviebris/simple

• By ChuckAlgren
      I hereby present you with the truth of the Bash Barbarian.                Email me any questions regarding D3, not my own snake or my GF's nudes.
                                                                                                                              On: danhibikisan@gmail.com           (For Gear details see video below)
      Yes, YOU can clear GR70 and more with a Bash Barbarian, 3 25+ gems and NO augments without too much of a hassle.
      "But I tried and I failed, HOW DID YOU DO IT?!"  You might ask.
      Well Timmy, this is it:
      Gear wise, the stuff you need, although in my video you will notice that I did not even have the best stuff YET, so it is not a big thing until later. Hence this is a good build considering the "lack" of good gear "needed" versus high GR clearance.
      I found that the most important thing is survival, because I solely play on Hardcore and yes, much like a boss.
      I have a GF, a job, studies, two snakes and a big interest in real instruments like the electric guitar or the piano, notice how I mentioned "real". Why is this important to notice? Not the instruments Timmy, but my other hobbies? (GF included)
      It is important because I do not have all the time in the world, I do not find any joy in "grinding" stuff out or doing "cookie-cutter" builds that everyone does because everyone does them.

TLDR: (Still quite long mind you[but packed with more info per word{this is how you use all these btw}])
      How: You need large packs of monsters *shocker*, preferably large monsters because they give more progress, the more "small" monsters you attract the longer you should wait to engage until you have found a sufficient amount of large monsters or non-flighty elites. This depends on your map-layout: if it has labyrinth-style layout simply run to next map asap and only stop if you encounter a clutter of elite packs; The type of monsters also the decision to train them or if skelesnores, discard them, if phantasm (where the f*** did my 10 elite pack go) and similar stuff.
      WHY: You will GIBB small monsters in groups, this is bad because it gives little progress and a lot of big leftovers, this is why you want the many small monsters in groups with as many big monsters/elites as you can find since Battle Rage: Bloodshed has the possibility of killing the tough guys almost as fast as a hundred spiderlings on one pixel.
      IF: The big guys/elites don't die in the first gathering of trained mobs, just keep training them, unless they are melting to your damage it is more effecient to keep stacking pack after pack until you can almost gibb those pesky porkchoppers, just be careful with effect-stacking elites like...

LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!

• By Fluxhollow
      Greetings fellow warlocks and theorycrafters, I need your help with something

I recently got the Naraxas Spiked Tongue trinket (840), but I'm not sure its an upgrade. 

Heres a link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Fluxhollow/advanced
      Here's a link to the items I'm considering:
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=137349/naraxas-spiked-tongue&bonus=1727 (Only does 158,261 proc damage on live it seems)
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=134292/nightborne-researchers-phial&bonus=1826 (1073 Int, 882 haste)

Equipping the tongue would drop me ~2% haste, and I'm already sub-30% so I'm not sure if it would be an upgrade.
      Which also brings me to my next point. What would be the best way for me to calculate if a trinket with a proc or use effect is an upgrade over raw stats?
      Additionally, as you can see on my armory page I have most of the class hall set equipped, and I do have access to the 8-set bonus aswell.
      How would be the best way to judge wether going for the 8-set bonus is a dps increase? Similarly, how would I judge whether or not dropping the 6-set bonus is the right move? 

Any help or feedback would be very welcome.