Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fattyy22

AMR Weapon Help

5 posts in this topic

I have been using two 510 2h weapons and just recently received a 1h 528 and a 553 1h. However the 553 is a tank weapon and amr is telling me to use it. Now unless im missing something wouldnt I be laughed out of Azeroth for using a tank weapon for smf? Should I just keep the 2 510 2h or actually listen to amr and use the two new weapons? 

Thanks.

Information providing the specific weapons would give us more to go on. What you're using, what you have, etc.

Ok, first of all, don't take what I'm saying here as a general rule, because you're in an exceptional case where the ilvl increase of your weapons is pretty huge.

For a Fury warrior (and to a lesser extend Arms and Prot warriors too) Weapon Damage is a very important stats. So important, in fact, that Warriors will prefer a weapon with a slightly higher ilvl over a weapon with better stats (i.e. I would prefer a 557 weapon with haste over a 553 wepon with Crit).

In your case, the increase is so big that you will prefer the 553+528 to the x2 510 weapons, even though it includes a tanking weapon. However, take note that this 553 weapon is not as good as any other 553, so try and replace it by another 553 weapon as soon as you can.

To answer your last questions, some people will probably laugh at you for using a tanking weapon for SMF, but not only do they not know what's your luck been with loot and therefore why you're using it, they would also probably end up doing the same if they were in the same situation. :)

Hope this helps,

-Rage

P.S.: As Sajakain said though, being able to see what are the exact weapons you're talking about would help in giving a more precise answer, even though it wouldn't change the final answer.

As I said, it doesn't change the answer, but if you want to see why, just look at the weapon damage (the actual xxx to xx damage, no the weapon DPS). See how the higher ilvl damage is much higher? That's why you want to use that weapon, since all your main abilities that hit for x% weapon damage use that number.

Of course, if a tanks needs a tanking weapon you shouldn't take it from them just because it has higher damage for you, but if it has higher damage than what you have, and there's no tank around that can use it, you're better using it than having it go to waste. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hopper2011
      I was wondering if there were any theorycrafters or DK enthusiasts interested in helping me pick out some heroic brf weapons, and to pick which would be best for me.
      I've asked every Death Knight i've ran into for advice, and they've been flat out stumped. I'm torn between a heroic warforged burning blade, versus a heroic burning blade with a socket (50 multi). The exchange in stats are (Socketed: -29.31 dps, -16 str, -25 stam, -8 mastery, +38 multi)(Warforged: +29.31 dps, +16 str, +25 stam, +8 mastery, -38 multi). Below is a link to my personal armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Dkumad/simple

Thank you.
    • By Stomyshiv
      Hi. new rouge here and i have some questions about combat gearing in relation to the weapons now i know that the icy-veins page for combat tells you to use slower weapons but I am wanting to know why that is. I trust it works but I like to understand my class and why it works. Any info is great thanks!!
    • By Werehowl
      My progression guild's 'off' tank and I are both warriors, and have had varying luck when it comes to getting our new weapons. He's currently using Tanar's, and I have Kro's fist.

The question came up about which weapon would be 'better' from the prot standpoint. Obviously, Tanar's is leagues above when it comes to fury, but as our stat priority stands now, both have a useful stat, and a rather undesireable. Mastery is our first choice, which goes to Kro's, with Crit as our second, which would be the sword.

On the flip side, stat priorities on IV show Haste > Multi, which would make me assume the mace is best. That said, the multistrike, however small, from the sword at least procs blood craze. A pathetically small boon, but a boon none the less. I can imagine the extra haste working wonders for fights like Beast - my AoE bleeds usually do about 45% of my damage, even WITH ravager and failstorm.

Bottom line is this - when it comes to BRF, which is the better weapon? We're at Heroic level right now, so obviously mythic cleaver from butcher crushes the competition, but we've not the numbers to get in there.

Sword, or Mace? And if both, which situations does one shine above the other?

Thanks!
    • By deftec
      i am fury war and i am a little unlucky on getting 1h weapons, so for 1h weapons i have 1 645ilvl and 1 640ilvl 1h weapons. last night i killed with my guild Imperator Mar'gok on normal and was lucky enought to get 2 times the 2h weapon (655 ilvl).

but overall i have 656ilvl (with the 1h) and 657ilvl (with the 2h) so with this ilvl i should be using 1h weapons for single-targets and the 2h for aoe.

is it worth doing macros to equip the 2h weapons to use the aoe skills and macros to equip the 1h weapons to use single target skills?

examples:
      #showtooltip Raging Blow /equipset dps 2h /castsequence  Whirlwind, Whirlwind, Raging Blow   #showtooltip Bladestorm /equipset dps 2h /cancelaura Bladestorm /cast Bladestorm   #showtooltip Execute /equipset dps 1h /cast Execute
    • By Amygdalla
      Hi Guys,

I am in a pickle. I got a new weapon the other day in heroic sha. But it is a 2H weapon Staff Gaze of Arrogance.  But currently I have Horned Mace of the Old Ones and Norushen's Enigmatic Barrier. I  cannot tell which one is better and I have a lot of people telling me that 2H are for priests, and that a 1H and shield is better for shamans (and I agree). But I am not sure which one is a better upgrade atm. I am hoping I get a heroic weapon soon =/

Helps! and thank you
      ~Mojo