Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deathclaw98

What will hearthstone come to?

12 posts in this topic

I believe I heard hearthstone will be coming to a phone... Is this true? If so, which phone(s)? And will hearthstone be available on any other systems or devices other than PC?

I'm pretty sure its only going to be available on PC/Mac and iPad.  The future may say otherwise.

It will be hardly playable on any device with less than 8" or 7" of screen size, that's probably why it only comes to the iPad, not the iPhone. And of course Mac and PC, as every other current Blizzard game, afaik.

I think it would be very hard to adapt the game to a phone. Even if I have a 1080x1920 display on my galaxy s4, I don't think it would be very easy to play hearthstone on it, mostly because the cards would be too small and it would be hard to "click" stuff.

Is this where I can go to bitch about priests?  They have the answer to everything.  The future of Hearthstone better read: We're nerfing priests so that you don't have to stack your deck with minions that have 4 attack.

Oh you have a useful minion with 3 or less attack?  It's dead.

Oh you have a useful minion with 5 or more attack? It's dead.

Oh you have a useful minion and I ran out of douche cards?  It's mine.

BLIZZ PLZ!

Is this where I can go to bitch about priests?  They have the answer to everything.  The future of Hearthstone better read: We're nerfing priests so that you don't have to stack your deck with minions that have 4 attack.

Oh you have a useful minion with 3 or less attack?  It's dead.

Oh you have a useful minion with 5 or more attack? It's dead.

Oh you have a useful minion and I ran out of douche cards?  It's mine.

BLIZZ PLZ!

Apart from the fact that this is completely off-topic...

I play a priest and I can't do shit once I have lost too many minions; priests very much rely on them, so I think it is necessary to have a few cards that can balance a possible advantage in minions the opponent might have. I should also remind you that the other classes have strong nuking abilities as well,  I believe the Warrior has a few of them, no?

1 person likes this

I was really just trying to be funny because these Hearthstone forums are basically dead, but the capacity for a priest to destroy powerful minions at any point in the game is huge.  Whoops, I just played an Earth Elemental, causing me to lose 3 crystals next turn, and I coupled it with a windfury.  I now give all of that to the priest and am set back the following round.

Maybe it's just my shaman that is finding them annoying?  Of any class though, priests have an easier time holding board advantage by throwing out heals.  They also have really efficient nuking power with shadowform and even more so with shadowform x2.  3 targetted damage every round for 2 mana is pretty amazing.  Throw Velen into the picture and owy, assuming the enemy doesn't have an answer to him.

Maybe it's just my shaman that is finding them annoying?  Of any class though, priests have an easier time holding board advantage by throwing out heals.  They also have really efficient nuking power with shadowform and even more so with shadowform x2.  3 targetted damage every round for 2 mana is pretty amazing.  Throw Velen into the picture and owy, assuming the enemy doesn't have an answer to him.

I am not sure if this is even possible with a 30 card limit. :D

2x Shadow Word: Pain

2x Shadow Word: Death

2x Mind Control

2x Shadow Form

1x Prophet Velen

9 cards. Looks possible to me. biggrin.png

Back on topic, it was said,"iOS and android" does android have a tablet? I realize the complications with hearthstone on a phone exist, but does iOS mean iPad as well? If so, I suppose it will likely be coming to computer/ tablet and not phones so that's something to keep in mind , and don't get your hopes up about a phone version like I did.

Its both.  Its coming for iPad first, then for iOS and Android devices.  This wont happen until the later half of next year, but yes.  You'll be able to play it on your phone becasue that is what they showed pictures of at blizzcon.

upload.png

2x Shadow Word: Pain

2x Shadow Word: Death

2x Mind Control

2x Shadow Form

1x Prophet Velen

9 cards. Looks possible to me. biggrin.png

I've both trashed and been trashed by Priests, and both trashed others and been trashed when playing a Priest. The real strength they have, which a lot of players miss, is that a lot of their card draw borrows from the other's deck. Being able to think on your feet and use that versatility to your advantage is the key. The buffing thing is just gimmick play and can be countered with either good removal or high burst. I wound up with an 18/18 minion with Windfury in one match, but I still lost because the shaman was able to finish me off before I smashed him with it.