FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deimosphobos

Destro Stat Prio Confusion, help please!

ok yesterday I was gonna go afflc, now im staying destro...I love it too much

? is this, I was getting blasted yesterday for having reforges into crit, now I know I can drop some into mastery and I plan on it soon as I get home...but I thought the Prio was

Mast>Crit>Haste

so after I dump the little bit I can into mastery isn't Crit my next priority? or is haste more valuable, I toyed with Simc changing my haste and crit all around using mrrobot builds...but it didn't seem to change my overall dps much...

so can I and many others have the final word here, what is the stat prio for destro!?!?!?

Please use less unnecessary punctuation when formatting thread titles, a single interrobang would likely have done the job. 

But the initial stat priority you posted was correct. Ignore AMR, and try simcraft with a modified AD and RoF APL lines. It should yield roughly the same results. 

Edited by Annoroth

Mastery>Crit>Haste 

or

Mastery>Haste>Crit.

Either way will work and some people like one over the other. The DPS between the two is very, very, small and so doesn't matter to much. The higher ilvl you have the better Mastery>Crit>Haste will be since at high ilvl the destro casts commonly fall under GCD with backdraft and/or leg meta up.

Mastery>Crit>Haste 

or

Mastery>Haste>Crit.

Either way will work and some people like one over the other. The DPS between the two is very, very, small and so doesn't matter to much. The higher ilvl you have the better Mastery>Crit>Haste will be since at high ilvl the destro casts commonly fall under GCD with backdraft and/or leg meta up.

This. Mastery is your most important stat. Dump into that as much as you can. As far as a secondary stat, crit and haste are about the time. It's mostly personal preference. I prefer to have a bit of haste on my build, as I hate not being able to fit in that last chaos bolt or Immolate during a good proc. Crit gives more embers when spells crit, and haste gives more embers due to faster casting. Whatever one is better depends on playstyle.

I'm rolling with mastery>=crit>>haste. So far its doing well. Aff is my ms and destro is very competitive. Also, I've been seeing that burning primal is better than the LMG. Cause of the 3% crit DMG. I've tested and see little difference. Anyone else heard of this? Maybe at higher ilvl the difference will show more?

Not for Affliction.  It's close for Destruction, but why would you switch?

I have seen more controversy over this as of recent.  Sims are all showing the LMG to be slightly better than old Meta while some destro gurus still maintain the burning primal.

Personally, it seems logical that if you forge for a mastery > Crit >> Haste setup that the haste proc is actually really nice to have.  Where as a Mastery > Haste >> Crit setup would have you GCD capped lowering the value of the LMG proc.

I suspect the Bindings trinket would increase the gains from Burning Primal a bit more since its multiplicative with the bindings crit bonus.

Not for Affliction.  It's close for Destruction, but why would you switch?

I have 2 helms :P one for aff with the LMG the one with burning is strictly for destro. Also I believe its value is the 3% crit DMG has a high value with high crit builds when you crit often. Chaos bolt. Like I said it may be better for higher ilvl when haste loses its appeal due to gcd cap during back draft. I've just been messing around with it really. Was wondering if anyone else had. Its about the same thus far lol.

At 565 ilvl, I'm at 10.2k Haste and 19.3k Mastery.  I'm not having too many Haste issues, but it is still nice to get a Tempus Repit proc for a Chaos Bolt or FnB Immolate.  Boosts damage tremendously.  I think those using the Burning meta don't really include  multi-target as much.  Mastery scales CB and SB more than Crit does.

I guess it comes down to proc vs static. As I said they're close. Maybe its only in combo with the 4 set? I agree 30% haste on CB is nice, especially when in conjunction with other procs. All preference really, as you've said.

I just want to thank everyone for their advice, much more help in these forums than the blizz lock forums, they just laugh at me!!!!

I have also seen and read that the burning primal is pulling ahead of the LMG slightly, it makes sense though...

I figured the stat prio would come down to personal pref playstyle thing, both sides have equal ground in the debate, whether you want to say more crit = more embers and more haste = faster casts which = faster ember generation

one more thing, I don't know if this applies in 5.4, but in 5.3 haste gave better single target dps due to the fact on how the pet scaled with haste, does high haste make the pet do more dps or is that not a factor in 5.4 anymore

anyone simmed pet scaling with haste yet??

Haste scaled better in 5.3 because it boosted trinkets, not pet attacks.  Your pets are such a small portion of your damage that Haste should be evaluated for you instead of your pet. 

Haste scaled better in 5.3 because it boosted trinkets, not pet attacks.  Your pets are such a small portion of your damage that Haste should be evaluated for you instead of your pet. 

oh..I thought I read somewhere that haste made the pets melee attacks faster therefore yielding higher pet dps, I could be wrong though..i did think that haste affected the pet somehow..thats not true at all?

and yeah of course haste evaluation is for me first, I was just saying..

It absolutely is true.  The impact of your pets attacking faster is largely irrelevant is my point.  There is no need to evaluate pet DPS scaling with Haste because if you increase your pet's damage by 1%, you've changed your overall raid DPS by less than a tenth of a percentage, and remember you do that at a cost to other statistics.

ahhhhh!!!!!!!  ok that makes perfect sense!!!

totally diff topic, about trinks

I have yulons bite and purified bindings

is the toxic totem a good one to get to replace yulons bite until I can can get black blood?  or would toxic totem replace purified bindings?

Yulon's Bite sucks.  Bindings is incredible.  I'll let you make the call ;)