FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ghanjo

Arcane set-bonus tier 15 vs tier 16

Is the set bonus for tier 15 gear so good for arcane mages that it isn't worth it to swap it out with tier 16?

Ask Mr. Robot says that my BiS is the tier 15 Chromatic Hydra gear that I have from ToT, and that switching it out for the tier 16 Chronomancer normal gear would be worse that just keeping the ToT set pieces, despite the extra stats on the Chronomancer gear.

Is that really the case? Is the Tier 15 4-set so strong that it can make up for the huge stat difference between the two tier sets?

That is the case for the most part.  You can switch from T15H-4P to T16H-4P for a little (less than 10k) gain.  Let your other raid members get their pieces first.

Is this also the case with normal gear? AMR says that T15N-4P is better than T16N-4P.

And, are there any blue posts concerning this? It takes some of the fun out of a new patch when I already have BiS on four item slots.

It's probably so close on Normal sets as to not matter.  T15 is really good at single target and T16 pulls ahead on multi-dotting.  If the blues get involved it will be to nerf T15-4pc, since Arcane is fine dps wise.

• Like 1