FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sameight

Need help about as an elemental opening

Hello there

i need question about opening/starting fight about elemental shammy

i use flame shock then lava burst and elemental blast and then i use my CDs fire elemental totem heroism stormlash ascendance

what is the proper opening and better dps gain need your helps

thanks in advance

Minor change in that order won't really make a HUGE difference in dps. I like to pre-pot/pre-cast Elemntal Blast to get my LMG to proc so I can put Flame Shock up with the EB buff and LMG proc, then I will pop Ascendance/FE macro and spam LvB.

If I am the one lusting at the start of a fight, I will use my Lust/Stormlash Totem macro after that first pre-cast Elemental Blast so that my Flame Shock will benefit from the Lust+LMG+EB buff. This will usually help with a few extra LvB's during ascendance from Lava Surge procs.

Not sure if it's a dps gain or loss but I will always try to re-apply FS with the LMG proc. Obviously I won't let it fall off the target just to wait for another LMG proc, but I will often re-apply it early if I have the LMG proc in hopes to gain more Lava Surge procs.

• Like 2

Pre-pot > elemental blast > fire elemental totem/stormlash ( same time) > time warp/heroism/bloodlust > flame shock > Ascendance > spam lava burst 

IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE UNTIL ASCENDANCE RUNS OUT. Do not stop lava burst spam for elemental blast.

After TW/hero/BL runs and fire elemental is done drop searing totem ( have some form or way to track your searing totem in the middle of your screen).  Refresh flame shock as needed, Lava Burst ALWAYS ON CD, Elemental blast on CD, spam lightning bolt until LvB is available/procs, use Fulmination proc.

As you may or may not know AOE just spam chain lightning (3+ targets otherwise your mana suffers) I dont bother with Earthquake most of the time but if you know the mobs arent going to move and there are 5+ of them by all means EQ.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER DELAY LAVA BURST.

Edited by trieu

utility from primal ele's is pretty big. a nice earth ele gathering up mobs so you can chain lightning them would probly be pretty nice questing. all the 90 tier talents are pretty viable at the moment. elemental blast is a favorite because it hits hard but you have to be standing still to cast it. and you have to use it on cd to get a lot of benefit from it.

If you are low geared and questing/daily's/timeless isle, I can see the appeal of the buffed earth elemental but 20% up-time or 1 minute of being able to pull multiple mobs and using CL is not my preferable to having a decent nuke regularly, especially when the regular earth elemental is not terrible. I don't know. When it comes to questing/leveling, its really all preference. "Ideal" or "best" talents/skills really only matter in raiding environments when a team rely's on you to be at your most effective.

Well first off, for most of the fights in SoO Primal elementalist is going to be better than elemental blast.  flame shock on pull then pop all your CD's and then unload with lava burst, pretty much it, creating a macro to pop fire elly and ascendance is good, then only need to pres 2 buttons instead of 3-4