FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pickles

Healing Shaman BROKEN

Hi Guys

Im having a real hard time in my raids atm.sad.png

Last week in our flex and normal raid i was pulling 100 to 120k hps for each fight.smile.png

this week i have upgraded a lot of my gear and to all timeless and flex and normal sitting at 540il.

Since i have upgraded the gear i am not able to pull more then 50k hps for fights in both flex and normal.angry.png

im am really struggling to understand what has happened to my healing and why all of a sudden it has dropped so dramaticly, its extramly annoying.angry.png

There has been a few changes in my raid that may have some factors, prior weeks we had a monk a priest and and myself, since then we have changed to a druid priest and myself.

If someone could have a look at my gear and stats and possibly some info on what is happening that would be fantastic.smile.png

My profile is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Piicklez/simple

if anyone needs any info please let me know..biggrin.png

Thanks

P

Sounds to me like two things.

Your stat distribution has changed and your play style hasn't changed to accomodate that (if you have the old gear, put it on and see how much haste / crit / mast / spirit you had before compared to now)

and the healing set up change could mean you are getting out healed (beaten to the punch).

WoL logs would be much more help than your chara link tbh.

You should definitely post a log if you have any, that would help enormously.

Your Druid might well be beating you to the punch on the healing - I find this in my team. Your reforging and stuff seems sensible to me.

Hi thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately I don't have the gear I was in before the upgrades.

I will post logs tonight once I can get them of my raid leader.

Thanks in advance

Were you going OOM at all in your old gear? I see you massively reforging out of both crit and mastery. These are our main throughput stats and focusing one and then haste is normally how we top meters(Haste for more HST/RT/HR ticks). Try either focusing Crit or Mastery and see how your HPS goes from there. I suggest trying Proving Grounds as an accurate read of HPS if you don't have time to commit to a raid atm.

I don't think that Proving Grounds are an accurate measure of HPS because they scale down your ilvl and remove your legendairy procs. Realistically, in-raid your healing experience is nothing like that in proving grounds.

I also personally think that reforging into Mastery is a mistake for Resto currently. Not because Mastery is bad (it is extremely good) but because the more you stack over 50%, the more of a waste your stats are when you're not healing people on very low health. 50% is a nice, easily attainable value for us. Other than that, stat priority is entirely down to taste. As Xinto pointed out, you do have to adjust your playstyle slightly when you have different reforging strategies.

As a fellow resto-shaman I can tell you that the biggest problem is that you heal alongside with a druid. Your mastery never kicks in. I suggest that you reforge into haste (choose a hastecap) and the the rest into crit. This way your mana-regen is high at the same time as your heals (probably) will be bigger.

GL!

I heal alongside a Druid too, and I find that between him and the Paladin I have trouble getting heals in on time too. Haste helps a lot but is best when you have the Legendairy Meta Gem. Mastery is especially meh in my setup.

OK interesting logs! I compared your healing parse of Sha of Pride (kill) against my kill from last night. There are some differences, particularly because we have this on farm now so all our healers do less healing than we did on progress. The comparison is done using comparebot (find it here).

Putting aside the fact that you were using Rushing Streams (I take Conductivity for this fight), I noticed the following differences;

1. Your Earth Shield uptime is 17%. That's not very much.
  2. You're healing a lot less from Riptide than I am - I used it 25% more times than you did! Riptide is essential for success. The rest of the healing difference is probably due to the fact that I've passed a high breakpoint for Riptide (don't worry about that bit).
  3. Your use of Ascendance was poor; it did 200k healing (mine did 2M healing!)
  4. You don't have any healing from Earthliving??  Are you using Earthliving Weapon?
  5. If you're running out of mana, try using Healing Surge less and Healing Wave / Greater Healing Wave more. Using Riptide more often will ensure you have nice fast casts of those anyway.

What do you think?

Stoove

• Like 1

When I look at your stats, i see alot of spirit (i have about 10k with legendary gem and ilvl 520) and i see mastery being reforged to haste.

Mastery is a good stat for deep healing but of course when a druid puts his hot's on a lot of the players, you might not see much damage to be healed. This is all depending on what raid you are on. Reforging Mastery into haste might give you more HPS, but then you are stealing that away from the druid, just to look good in the dps meters. The party surviving the raid looks more important to me. You might be needing your mastery at a next boss when a group is stacked and getting a lot of damage. Then your healing rain wil help better when you have mastery.

Herm.

Pickles isn't using the Legendairy Meta though, so more Spirit (yes, even that much of it) is probably reasonable if he feels he needs it.

Hi all thanks SOOOOOO very much for all this info....

i will look at them all and see what i can bring back into my rotation.

Stoove i was not using untill now, as for earth shield i am prone and always have been to not keeping ES up, Mana was not also an issue to much.

will look into the compare log after this raid but for some reason all my heals are back up doing around the 100k.

Thanks so much for all your help and ill let u know how i go after this raid.

You should always be using Earthliving Weapon as Resto. I haven't found a single instance where using any other weapon imbue is correct. :)

Earth Shield is really easy to refresh often, it's 100% worth it.

If Mana isn't an issue, reforge (or re-gem) out of Spirit a bit. More throughput stats = great.

If Mana isn't an issue, reforge (or re-gem) out of Spirit a bit. More throughput stats = great.

Mana is not so much an issue but if fell i have enough to cover what our raid needs, i will be going away from spirit soon as i almost have the legendary gem.

i am gonna set up a weak aura to make me keep up ES

Hi Stoove

Here are the logs from tonights raid.

Are you able to do an compare on this with yourself.

That would be fantastic

Thanks in advance

P

.You're healing a lot less from Riptide than I am - I used it 25% more times than you did! Riptide is essential for success. The

Just a though.... would using riptide with the druid become obsalete?

The point of Riptide is to get Tidal Waves stacks. It's not obsolete with any healing composition.

You're running a LOT of spirit - but that may be because you have low crit and no LMG. I'd recommend at least matching socket bonuses though, you're missing out on a lot of worthwhile stats by gemming pure spirit. Get rid of that Hydra-Spawn bag as soon as you can, it's fairly terrible. Horridon's LFR trinket would do much better for you.

The point of Riptide is to get Tidal Waves stacks. It's not obsolete with any healing composition.

Sorry i mean with it glyphed not not use it at all, as the druid will blancket the raid with RG

Sorry i mean with it glyphed not not use it at all, as the druid will blancket the raid with RG

I don't really like the Glyph at all. Spamming RT is not a very good way to heal. The only time I'd consider doing using the Glyph is for Thok because of his interrupt.

If you're having trouble keeping Earthliving on yourself, Get WeakAuras2 and make a WeakAura that goes off whenever you let Earthliving fall off.

I don't generally like Glyph of Riptide either, because the initial healing gets reduced so much, but it can be useful on some encounters where everyone takes pulsing damage (think Garalon). With the current glyph system, it's best to simply know what each glyph does, and keep a couple stacks of tomes so that you can swap between them and see what might be more helpful in any given encounter. There's no "default" setup. Sometimes Glyph of Healing Stream Totem is overpowered as all get-out, sometimes it's a waste of a glyph slot.

Glyph of Riptide is awesome on fights where standing still to heal is too difficult. Example; Dark Shaman - lots of sudden movement, lots of healing needs doing. Blanketing the raid is a silly thing to do - pick the Riptide targets sensibly based on their HP and on DoTs they may have on them :)

Glyph of Riptide is awesome on fights where standing still to heal is too difficult. Example; Dark Shaman - lots of sudden movement, lots of healing needs doing. Blanketing the raid is a silly thing to do - pick the Riptide targets sensibly based on their HP and on DoTs they may have on them smile.png

Right. It's still a personal preference, I like having the extra initial healing as it makes for better efficiency for longer fights when all the healers will be pressed for mana. Later in the tier as the fights get shorter is always less of an issue. We still have Lightning Bolt that we can use on the move to recoup mana, and totems are all instant.

Right. It's still a personal preference, I like having the extra initial healing as it makes for better efficiency for longer fights when all the healers will be pressed for mana. Later in the tier as the fights get shorter is always less of an issue. We still have Lightning Bolt that we can use on the move to recoup mana, and totems are all instant.

I really think it's something to swap in between fights, depending on what you need. It's probably useful on Thok (for instance) and it's great for Malkorok and Norushen. Again, I think that with the recent buff it's another tool to learn to use. I do prefer using it without the glyph as default :)