FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ponie

Haste Break Point

This post is for Krazymonk, if you have the time smile.png

I took the same stat weights from http://www.askmrrobo...50-18fadb760cbe posted by Krazymonk.

My question is: Should I value haste over crit?

Here is a link to my AMR Profile with the

Here is another link to my AMR Profile with the

6141 rating 27.76% buffed haste http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/8664f99f-644d-4222-8963-da48b4ea2af4

I will loose roughly 3% Crit Rating if I shoot for the 6141 Haste Rating Break Point. Would it be worth it to loose the 3% CR for the gain of roughly 11% of HR?

Keep in mind, I did get a couple new items last night in an LFR and have not gemmed/enchanted/reforged any of it yet. I will be doing that tonight as it was well past 2:00am when I received these upgrades. LOL smile.png

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I say go for the 6141.  Haste is good for healing if you don't have to use a ton of haste gems.

I have been mulling over this, and that is exactly what I have decided to go with. I value your opinion Krazymonk and wanted to hear it. :) Thanks!

Hi Krazy,

I have been reading the forums and been taking on board all the help you offer which is greatly appreciated smile.png

The problem I have is I edited the stat weights as you have been posting and yes there is a definite uplift in my HPS but I now have massive mana issues. So i could pissbly be doing something wrong here?

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/draenor/puritan

Edited by Puritan

Remove your mana tea glyph = problem solved

Now that it is 0.5s per stack you can regain very fast. e.g. 10 mana tea stacks will give you 40% mana in 5 seconds.

I also find spamming surging mists during meta proc a good way to generate chi and dumping with enveloping mists to generate more mana tea stacks.

Also i try to keep 1 stack of chi brew on cd at all times to create more mana tea stacks over the fight duration.

• Like 1

Remove your mana tea glyph = problem solved

Now that it is 0.5s per stack you can regain very fast. e.g. 10 mana tea stacks will give you 40% mana in 5 seconds.

I also find spamming surging mists during meta proc a good way to generate chi and dumping with enveloping mists to generate more mana tea stacks.

Also i try to keep 1 stack of chi brew on cd at all times to create more mana tea stacks over the fight duration.

Exactly this

Thanks Guys, this has helped but I do find my Mana drops significantly and starting to have to pot as well as MT. May be it is my play style, or hopeless as a Monk healer lol. 

Um unless im inspecting your wow progress link wrong then you are back to a sprit build?

Are u using uplift/Envelping mists on cd to build mana tea stacks?

Are you spamming surging mist(glyphed) during ur meta proc and dumping the the chi with Enveloping mist?

Also the spirit trinket you have is terrible. Use a timeless one instead uf you have absolutley no other option.

The only answer i have for you on mana issues is that perhaps you are doing it wrong. I know i have more gear but Monk with LMG and mana issues just makes no sense.

Uplift should be your go to spell outside of meta procs to dump chi. Even if no healing is required. Of course if there is a massive damage aoe incomeing pool some chi but you dont want to be sitting at 4 chi for too long as u are then unable to generate more in that time, also thats what chi brew is for.

I use enveloping mists during my meta to dump chi becase it uses 3 chi instead of uplifts 2 meaning for the same number of gcd's i can gain and spen 1 additional chi and it does not break the soothing mist channel. This is of course situational and uplift may be better at times still but that just needs to be decided at the time.

I use a weak aura that pops up and makes a ding noise on proc. Works for me :)

• Like 1

What do you mean you're using enveloping on meta procs? That doesn't help you at all unless your spamming surging mists to generate the chi for enveloping. If that's the case you can just as easily use that chi generated for more uplifts if needed.

Edit: reading it again, I suppose all this^ is what you were saying anyway, just a bit misworded for me

Yeah that is what I meant. If you are at full chi and ur meta procs u can dump more with EM than uplift. But I only do this if there isn't raid healing required. We Dont always get a meta proc when we would like it.