FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Wimbledon 2012

Now that the Football stuff is over, we can focus on what really matters: Tennis!

We're entering the second week of the British Open (where no British has won since Fred Perry in 1936). Roger Federer, my favorite player, made it to the fourth round. He will regain the #1 ATP spot if he wins the tournament, enabling him to surpass Pete Sampras' record of total weeks spent at this spot (286, and Federer is at 285).

I'm also supporting Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the first Frenchmen to ever make it to the quarter finals of all four Grand Slam events. Looks like we take pride in little things :P

Obviously, I'm hoping for a Tsonga-Federer final, but Federer will have to beat Djokovic on the way, which is going to be difficult.

In the women tournament, I will be rooting for Maria Sharapova, of course!

Are you following tennis? If yes, who are you rooting for?

Not watched much of it this year. Murray will be hailed as the greatest tennis player ever born to lose in the quarter final etc :P

Love Federer, hope he wins! If Djokovic beats him then I'll probably support him!

I see you guys aren't into Tennis! Well, so far, my hopes of seeing a Tsonga-Federer final are still intact ;)

My mom is all into that, she roots for Federer all the time (well the Belgians first but they don't make it too far) so I root for Nadal just because she doesn't like him.

Apart from Nadal I think the semis have the opportunity to be great matches. Hope Murray gets beaten ;)

I like Federer. The main reason I dislike Murray is because he is such a miserable little child (plus iirc he always says he's Scottish not British etc)

He's to the Swiss ;)

Now Federer is going to beat Sampras' record for most weeks at the top spot. Not to mention getting his 17th Grand Slam crown ;)

I hope he also wins the Olympic Games, which are going to be held on the same surface.