FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nyanchan

Addon/WeakAura to display powerful spell hits as Destro

Is there an (addon / weak aura) that could help me visualize the damage done by my really hard hitting spells? (Chaos Bolt, Shadowburn) 

I just thought it would add up to the enjoyment of the spec. Being able to feel the pleasure of your chaos bolt hitting for 2.4 million for example or burns for 1.5m. Currently the damage gets lost in all the number spam so sometimes i just move my camera and look at the mob to see how much it hit, but this is so inconvenient...

What do you guys use to display these kind of things?

A scrolling combat text addon (MBST, xCT) would be able to fulfill the niche you're looking for. I'm not sure what spell-specific options exist, but you'll be able to emphasize crits (all the Chaos bolts, some Shadowburns). 

You shouldn't have time to enjoy your spell hits.  Observe your logs after you kill the boss. 

The stock text is usually enough to give me a momentary thrill. I haven't ever saved a log and looked, but I know the first time I noticed a CB hitting a million I was all "I am so BAD ASS" to myself. And then I hit Incinerate again, as per usual.

You shouldn't have time to enjoy your spell hits.  Observe your logs after you kill the boss. 

I mean, on the opener, before there's anything actually going on, I like to enjoy my enormous Chaos Bolts.

Theres always time for it!, sometimes i just like to see my char casting. Its like sort of an encouragement, and I usually do better those attempts.

In that case, I always see mine with the default battle text.  Since it's always a crit, it always jumps out in big yellow numbers.

Someone should make an annoying addon that records every Chaos Bolt hit and spams raid chat like those stupid BG addons that tell us every time some tool got a killing blow.

Raid [Zagam]: Zagam's Chaos Bolt hit for 1,534,351! 

Raid [Zagam]: Zagam's Chaos Bolt hit for 2,313,632!

Raid [Everyone else]: SHUT THE FUCK UP!

• Like 1

i dont use it anymore but MSBT can fulfill this purpose pretty well. you can easily tune it to control spam or only show certain spells and also make numbers "pop" in big pretty critical glory text.

I use ElvUI, is there a way to change the color of the text displayed for critical hits? (right now they are all yellow, criticals appear bigger i think)