FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
stayfrosty

elixir vs flask (arcane)

hi all just a question has anyone tried using the monk elixir instead of the intel flask from what mr robot has been making me do arcane is jamming as much mastery in as many places as possible over intel just wondering if anyone has done some testing on this?

AMR has probably been telling you to gem mastery because 2 mastery is better than 1 intellect. I can't see 750 mastery being better than 1000 intellect any day, especially on my mage, so unless crazy changes have happened that I'm unaware of, intellect is definitely the way to go.

• Like 1

Elixirs are only optimal for tanks, and even then, you'll rarely see anyone using them since they don't persist through death. The Crystal of Insanity is decent for some melee DPS as well. Other than those exceptional situations, use a flask.

Agreed with above, there will never be a case where 750 of a secondary stat is better than 1k of a primary(at least not for mages) unless you are in some crazy spot where you need to hit a haste breakpoint or something and even then swapping a gem would be the way to go.