FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rosaelin

One more for MW help

I have been mist weaving for a little over a month now, I have been doing ok, until the last few weeks. I have been having issues keeping pace with my other healers. On average I am 20-30k lower then they are. Here is a link to my monk, any help would be welcome. Thanks in advance

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/aerie_peak/needinchi

Armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Needinchi/advanced

Log

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/app6bbungsa9y79w/details/8/

Well, from what I've learned here, you are supposed to regem yourself for crit, as well as reforge. Your spirit is hell to high! You need about 6-7k of spirit without Legendary Mana Gem and owners of those that 5100 spirit is enough with LMG. With higher crit you'll produce a lot mana tea, so mana won't be an issue. You should also delete glyph of mana tea, cause in this patch it's not good enough. You may also write something about your rotation so that someone could correct it if something's missing. I'm on my mobile phone now, so i won't post exact stat weights, but you'll find them in almost every topic with Krazymonk's response. Cheers!

It looks like you have fixed your stat weights now and they look much better.

As for your healing logs, your renewing mists uptime needs to be 100% and currently you are consistently below 90% from the logs posted. This gives renewing mist less healing and will also mean less targets available to uplift and less targets with renewing mists when using TFT.

Your more recent logs show 25 man healing and your uptime on RM is better but still not optimal. RM and Uplift are your friends. You use alot of enveloping mists and most of it is over heal. Use Uplift to dump chi.

Dont be too disheartened. You have been healing with a pally and 2 disc priest and on some fights using 7 healers. Have a look at total healing and match that against the others. You cannot compete on healing with that many absorbs and 7 healers unless its malkorok or there is huge damage its just the nature of top up healing vs absorbs.

Happy Killing

With the extra crit from your reforge and better uptime on renewing mists you will find your healing will climb.

• Like 1

I'd also look at your soft haste cap.  Currently you have a haste of 3181 which equals 16.79 % buffed approx.  I'd be aiming much higher before stacking int+crit.  The 27.76% haste soft cap is what you should be looking at for those extra ticks on enveloping and renewing mists.

Qan

Edited by Qan

I'd also look at your soft haste cap.  Currently you have a haste of 3181 which equals 16.79 % buffed approx.  I'd be aiming much higher before stacking int+crit.  The 27.76% haste soft cap is what you should be looking at for those extra ticks on enveloping and renewing mists.

Qan

This will depend IMO.

If you find you are swimming in mana tea procs then go for the higher haste. If you are having mana issues then lower haste higher crit will be more optimal as the crit will provide more mana tea and increase the output. Haste just makes things tick faster and means you can spend your mana faster. - not always a good thing.

IMO when you obtain the LMG the value of crit will be slightly less due to the ability to gain essentially free mana tea stacks during the meta proc. I find that i can get to a stage where i have full mana and 20 mana tea stacks whilst maintaining high hps. This to me devalues crit and i would go for higher haste.

At the current gear level of the poster and lack of meta i think going higher haste would be a bad choice.

Of course this is only my opinion :)

Happy Killing!

You make a decent argument for haste. Right now haste isn't really worth much because of the RPPM, but having extra crit when you have too many mana tea stack isn't that worth it either.

IMO, haste is best for DPS, heavy AoE, and slightly more passive healing through ticks.

Though I do agree with what you say about haste, I still think in general you shouldn't gem more than 3~ or so gems (or 980~ stat) to reach any given breakpoint.

(disclaimer: I pulled that gem number out my ass, it's just a rough estimate from what I've seen)

• Like 1

I would say no. Int would be better than haste after a breakpoint (assuming you're not going for one too high that you would have to gem for it)

But thats also assuming you're not trying to do more DPS where a mix of haste and crit would be beneficial.

Read this on Mistweaver DPS: http://bestmonk.eu/?p=268