FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
xeiion

New rerolled mage

Hello guys i just yet rerolled as mage and im trying out all the spec at moment though most of the mages are playing arcane/fire depend on the gear so im wondering whats the requirement for each specs since it seem i have been doing pretty low deeps so asking for some advice.

Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/V%C3%A9r%C3%A9l%C3%AD%C3%A4/advanced

i have been following the order Crit->haste->mastery for obtain as much crit as i can get, but im not sure if im too low crit staying fire.

i havent tested order for frost/arcane 

rotation:

fireball->inferno blast(if fireball crit) or to spread combustion->living bomb(always keep it up on 1-3 targets->combustion when high ignite->scorch if moving

but it seems i always have 30% fireball and 16% pyroblast

if i miss some infomation of my gameplay tell me 

I'm no expert on mages but I know Fire is very very gear dependant! To the point where Mages don't bother with Fire until the final tier of gear is released (tier 16). One thing you must know is that Fire is only better than the other specs when you're in BiS (or near to) gear. With normal tier 16 gear, you should be set with Fire but your current iLvl isn't great for Fire!

I notice you have a lot of Timeless isle gear, LFR gear and so on, which is a major downfall (unfortunately), don't forget Intellect increases your critical strike chance AS WELL as the secondary state - crit! you'll find that as you get more tier loot instead of timeless isle stuff, you'll get gem slots, less hit rating to reforge and more crit!

Also, just to further emphasize item levels - look at the difference in intellect between 522 gear and 553 gear! It's a big difference! 

I do love a good Fire mage, but sadly Fire is very gear dependant; you could play it perfectly in quest gear but you'll still get awful dps:( I don't mean to discourage you out of Fire because I always like seeing a Fire mage instead of generic Arcane or Frost, but to get really good DPS, you need high gear!

And to answer your question about "requirements" for each spec! I don't know about Arcane, but frost you need...about 20% crit rating? This is to ensure all of your Fingers of Frost procs are critical strikes! Fire is just smack as much crit as you can!

I hope this helps:) Good luck with everything:)

Thank you mate that helped me abit about the fire requirement and such but im still wonder what is the amount of % crit u want for fire even if its high depend i want to know the amount of % crit u want for go into fire

I really couldn't say I'm afraid, you're asking the wrong person:P The best advise I can give to you is this:

Spend some time messing around in LFR's, dungeons and so on - not dummies because they don't give an accurate reading of individual specs! Jot down your DPS for each fight as FIRE then do the same bosses (or the next wing of LFR) in Frost or Arcane, write down their DPS too then calculate an average! Depending on the fights your DPS will vary, but it's a start. You will notice a big difference in DPS as you get more crit and intellect as Fire though, I'll say that for sure! I've only played Fire as a twink (level 80) and i'm using Cataclysm gear so I have about 40% crit + mastery so I do about 20-30k DPS!

Gems, enchants etc will make a big difference which is why Timeless Isle gear sucks! It has a good iLvl, but no gem slots and most of the gear has hit rating - which at this level in gear is an almost useless stat!

yea i know timeless aint the best that why im trying to gather timeless with crit at the moment though since the easyst way to obtain something right now but i agree the timeless aint worth much most worth to get into something.

Quick exact value: At 40% crit I felt "stable" with pryroblasts coming at the right moment. :)

But to be fair you can go fire whenever you want to if you enjoy playing it, fire is by no means the dominant mage spec in this patch.

• Like 1

Quick exact value: At 40% crit I felt "stable" with pryroblasts coming at the right moment. smile.png

But to be fair you can go fire whenever you want to if you enjoy playing it, fire is by no means the dominant mage spec in this patch.

Yea i know fire dominate most of the SoO even though there is like few arcane bosses but yea i kinda enjoy fire but it seem i still lack more crit for it to be very effectiv but i will try to catch up on it and thanks for your info.

Yea i know fire dominate most of the SoO even though there is like few arcane bosses but yea i kinda enjoy fire but it seem i still lack more crit for it to be very effectiv but i will try to catch up on it and thanks for your info.

At your gear level you might still be getting the best numbers out of frost actually. Also, I noticed that you seem to prefer timeless pieces with a single secondary stat, right? While it may seem illogical, pieces with two secondary stats are always better than pieces with only one, because of the difference in the amount of stats they give. Even hit/mastery timeless piece will be stronger for you than a crit only one :)

At your gear level you might still be getting the best numbers out of frost actually. Also, I noticed that you seem to prefer timeless pieces with a single secondary stat, right? While it may seem illogical, pieces with two secondary stats are always better than pieces with only one, because of the difference in the amount of stats they give. Even hit/mastery timeless piece will be stronger for you than a crit only one smile.png

nah i dont prefer item with 1 stats over 2 its just that those part i got with only 1 is the only item i got when i was over there :)