FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peatzah

Galakras 10-man problems

This week was my raid teams first try at SoO 10-man. We made it to Galakras but couldn't seem to get past the 2nd demolisher. The minibosses are still up by the time the demolisher comes out, but they're almost dead. What is the best kill order at this part of the phase? Is it best to target down the minibosses, or to focus the demolisher? I'm not sure if we are doing some basic mechanic terribly wrong, or if our dps just isnt good enough. I'm pulling about 290-320k as a destro lock, but the rest of the team is around 130-160k. Any input is appreciated, I apologize for no logs, I'll try and take them this week.

when a tower door opens, tower team can tank the adds just outside the door while range stay back and hopefully get teh poison cloud on them and out of the way of melee and the tank. the second you see the demolisher all dps except tower team focus fire the demo. tower team should have adds killed by the time the demo dies.

Our team takes a little slower methodical approach, since the enrage timer isn't an issue.  The ground team takes care of ground stuff, and the tower team takes care of tower stuff.  We include the demolisher as part of the tower teams responsibility... Therefore, Tower Team stays and assists the ground team with the mini-boss on the ground until the Demo appears, then switches to destroy it while the ground crew handles normal waves of adds.  After the Demo is down the tower team takes care of adds at the bottom of the tower, then advances up to kill the mini-boss on the tower top, and take control of the gun.  For us, this times out to where we can finish tower one and be on the ground, again assisting with waves and the second mini-boss just before the second Demo appears... Once again we put tower team on the Demo before approaching the second tower.  This approach helps up take pressure off the ground team to handle everything, waves of adds, stuns on Bonecrushers, Mini-boss mechanics, interrupts on Shamans, focusing down totems and banners, the smaller Drakes... their plate is pretty full.  Another advantage is that there are no stuns on the tower team from the Demo while trying to accomplish their tasks, which is very annoying if the tower team makes it to the top before the Demo is completely down.

We also only use 4 players on the tower team, 2dps a tank and a healer... and use 2 healers on the ground team.  Again, since the enrage timer isn't an issue for us, the extra survivability helps out.  This strat may not work for everyone, but it's how we approach it.  Hope it helps out.