FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

Locky's WeakAura Strings.

Thanks Locky, used a bunch of yours and cleaned it up a little bit so it's not as random, everything that's going to kill me on the left, everything that's buffing me on the right lol

v7jYfZV.jpg

Some days ago I've checked my WoL and I noticed that my Immolate uptime was like 86% on Sha of Pride normal and I find it pretty bad... Anyone have some cool string for Immolate please? I was using the one from here but I don't really like it as I keep forgot about it. I'm looking for something with obvious countdown or big numbers. Something like that

Did you look at the first post?

Yes... They wouldn't fit in my UI tho D:But if I can't find any better I guess I have to customize one...

Edited by Enzyte

Yes... They wouldn't fit in my UI tho D:But if I can't find any better I guess I have to customize one...

So you want a large weakaura that you can't miss but that also fits in to your UI...well the simple answer is to just build it yourself. If you don't know how then you might want to Google a guide or try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzqf6WEpUU0 that video.

Really if you want a perfect aura that fits your UI, you'll have to make it yourself. Other wise you'll just have to make do with what you find. I can't make a weakaura for YOUR UI when I don't have the same UI as you. I can make weakauras, but they'll just be a general starting point. Unless you gave me pixel measurements of what you wanted it to be, but if you did that then it'd be about 4 times more work then just making them yourself.

This was a great post Locky. I guess I'm not too bothered by whether an Icon or Image is too big, or is a bar cooldown and not an icon and such. Basically just Import your stuff, look at how you built it and then convert it to what what you'd like. 

I mix Weak Auras and TellMeWhen to let me know about procs, cooldowns and such. One thing that I've noticed is that people either like big icons or don't to alert them when something BIG has occurred. And for me, I have a sound alert on my trinket procs (Bike Horn) when either of my trinkets proc. I just don't want to think about having to look for some icon. So I build the icon with a cooldown timer on it, but then I double-down and put a sound alert on it as well. When I hear the bike horn, as a Destro Lock, I know that it's time to seriously consider casting a Chaos Bolt. Nothing has been more informative or more clear in my opinion. 

But the trick is to not overdo it. If you go loco on audible alerts, then there's so much audible noise polluting your headphones that you can't make sense of it all. After all, you have DBM and other alerts that exacerbate that noise pollution. So choose wisely. 

Same can be said for icons, timers and alerts. If you really wanted to, you could make your entire UI look like a garbage can with all the cooldowns and such. So it's a balance is all I'm saying. I liked your Burning Embers procs Locky, but I disabled them because I already have that tracked on my Player frame with oUF_Phanx. So less is more for me. 

But this stuff that you posted is great. There are some tricks to creating these (just like with Weak Auras) that once you see how the author made 'em, it frees you up to make others just like it. 

Well done. 

And yes. You da man. 

I've gone back to the OP and changed it around a bit and cleaned it up. Only thing NEW new for people that have already seen the other auras is that I now have a string for "New demo" so 5.4+ demo.

I made my own custom ember/shard bars

Ember:

http://pastebin.com/FkeanNNS

Shard:

http://pastebin.com/YNPs5Ur4

only thing you need to do since they use custom icons, is download these two and put them in your WoW>Interface>Icons folder (make one if its not there).

http://www.filedropper.com/icons_3

(i usually use mediafire but it wouldnt upload this zip for some reason, its clean tho, you can check it yourself)

here is the proc tracker i use...very simple:

http://pastebin.com/x0k4BEwK

Edited by vaeevictiss