FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nimlia

Need dps help !

Hello i got big issues with my dps. Ive been reading allot but im underperforming my dps allot and i need all the help i can get to get back on my feet again. Atm im more a permanent benchwarmer than a solid member of the raid group in my guild and i really want to get back to where i belong in my guild. Ppl kinda been making up exuses like ohh but its gear and u had bad luck or whatever but i refuse to take that since i know im doing bad and i want to correct it. I want to get back to progress raiding and not only ohh ok we can take u cause we can boost u through the boss raiding.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ohfvacsm2s6qpgem/ This is my most recent log did it today its lfr so i havnt prepotted or flasked. I feel its rotation or some other mistake that im doing. Im not skilled at reading the logs so i find it hard to see my flaws here.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Nimlia/advanced my armory

The rotation im using or trying to use is the one from the guides here and on methods site. I still feel im messing combustion up. I feel its low dmg but im trying to get it away when the pom pyro is in the air but maybe its not in the air maybe it has hitted already and its that ignite that i get my combustion on.

I have had issues since last tier and ive read to my eyes bleed. I really hope there is some1 that can help me with my dps issues.

First thing I noticed was Invoker's Energy uptime on your kills seems low.  Keeping up that buff (Invocation) is your top priority.

I'll try to look through the log more when I get time but at least that's a place to start.

Yes ty i know that is one of my issues but i feel its more than that.

Maybe i need to play it more safe and just pop combustion after i cancelled altertime. Maybe i just need more experience and more practice. Im in on most one raid a week and lfr. I really appricate all your help :)

Nimila and Sair, lets compare parse to parse for you to make your comparisons easier.

We can use Sha as a good single target stand and nuke fight, we can't use DPS as a factor due to the dps buff you can get, but we can use the comparebot to look at the difference in uptimes of buffs/cds etc.

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/5259c95374254e242b00044f

First Sair you cheater you were gettin tricks :p

Invokers: 89.9% Sair 72.5% Nim

Living Bomb Uptime: 43% Sair - 83.8% Nim  Woah Sair! Lots of dps to gain there!

Nim, you never scorched the whole fight, did you never have to move even one step?

I see Sair scorched 3x, I'm assuming from spreading then stacking for the adds.

Lastly looks like on your parse Nim you did AE a LOT.  You must have had a group that didn't kill adds very quickly.

You can see a bunch more of the comparisons of that fight in the link I provided above!

Yes the group was bad at killing adds only think i could do to get them down easier cause they where not stacked :/

and tricks is cheating xD i didnt move much no.

I still want to have some1 to look at the logs and see what im doing wrong more precise cause i dont think invokers and bombs can count up to the dps diffrence i have in raids with others

How can you think that not having 15% damage boost for 40 seconds in a 6 minutes fight is not a DPS loss, when you could keep it up 100% especially if you didn't move at all during the fight?

Due to your Living bomb uptime, you also missed about 1 million damage done overall as well. Try to work on these first, because these are obvious and serious but also easily fixable problems. After that, if you still experience poor numbers we can look at your logs to see if we can find more issues.

• Like 1

i really didnt mean it like that. Its been months of lacking behind. So please understand my frustration and my eager to find whats wrong and show that im good.

I have to apologize as well, since my emphasy might have been a bit offensive.

I do understand your frustration, however, these two things I mentioned above are really serious and those could easily hold you back in the past as well.

Ie.: Once, you combusted without the 15% damage buff. Image what a DPS loss it could be.

Other example: not having your living bomb up close to 100% means that you also lose 1.3 crit multiplyer that results in less Pyroblasts and heating ups that is your main damaging ability in this patch.

Again, please try to pay attention to these issues first.

Additionally an advanced option: track your trinket procs. When a intellect trinket procs, refresh your dot. Try to combust, when most of your trinkets and intellect increasing buffs are up.

Additional info: optimize your movement. Try to move as least as possible. Move only if you really have to and cast Scorch meanwhile (ofc don't forget your mage bomb, pyroblast and inferno blast).

Most importantly keep up your invoker's energy buff and always cast something :)

Tbh i was actually prepared to get chopped to pieces but i really havnt so. I really do appricate all your help sadly my guild decided to not clear the rest of the bosses this week. So its lfr tomorrow to see if i can improve my uptime more... keeping it 100% up i kinda feel is impossible but whats a acceptable lvl ?

Again thx for all your help <3

Edited by Nimlia

For invocation 95%+. for dots... well, if it's tank'n'spank 95-97%+ is easily doable. :)

You can try using addons such as TellMeWhen, PowerAuras, ForteXorcist, CombustionHelper to track your buff and debuff uptimes.

For invocation 95%+. for dots... well, if it's tank'n'spank 95-97%+ is easily doable. smile.png

You can try using addons such as TellMeWhen, PowerAuras, ForteXorcist, CombustionHelper to track your buff and debuff uptimes.

Well, assuming a 2 second Evo cast, you would have 60 seconds of up time every 62 seconds, which is a 96.7% uptime.  Obviously this isn't realistically feasable without clipping it by casting evo early.  But Casting Evo early has been shown to drastically reduce your dps rather than waiting until after Invocation buff has run out.  I would say shooting for 90% uptime on Invo and 95%+ on bombs would be your optimal goals. 

The better you can clip your Bomb dot the better mileage you will get out of your DPS.

One thing I wanted to add about your mage bomb.  Remember for fire as someone mentioned above it adds the buff for your spells which makes bomb uptime even more important for fire rather than arcane or frost. (All 3 specs bomb damage is a significant portion, but fire is the only one which specifically buffs the rest of the specs damage)

Looks much better to me. I'm going to go out on a limb and compare you to one of the best Fire Mages in the world on this fight. Unfair, I know, since you're not in a top 10 in the world guild.. this is as much for me to understand what the difference is between a good Fire Mage and one of the best. The difference in fight length is less than 30 seconds, so that makes them easy to compare.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ydds1d3iaec48sb0/sum/damageDone/?s=7999&e=8352#Teferi

Here's what I notice:

- Pyroblast uptime is 99.5% to your 96.7%, which contributes to higher Ignite uptime for Teferi

- 1 extra Combustion cast for Teferi

- Living Bomb uptime higher: 95% to your 89%

- Teferi uses Scorch 33 times during movement phases, you didn't use it

- Invoker's Energy uptime about the same

- Interestingly, Teferi used Blazing Speed instead of PoM..

Overall, you seem to be very much on the right track. The last few % is all polish and focus.

• Like 1

Yes i gotta work with using scorch since it close to always crit and u can build up pyro's while moving with that. wich will prolly get some more % with pyro that way.

Atleast know i know im on the right track once again ty :)

• Like 1

I highly recommend Blazing Speed, especially in fights you move a lot. It gets you to where you need to go much quicker, and you can keep nuking. And, as a bonus, if you notice late you are standing in something, this can be a life saver. Yes, you keep Blink also.

Alright i still have issues. Had a talk with my gm and classleader and whatever about chaning to frost and he was fine about that then we started talking more about rotations and whatever.

And i explained that i do fireball and if it crits i do infernoblast so i got hs+pyro up then i do pyro and so if it continues to crit o do more pyro and he said that was wrong that i should always try to have hs+pyro up when i cast pyro cause that will generate more pyro's overall. He also said i haev very high % on fb vs pyro. And i really dont know whats wrong. I mage that newly joined the guild said it was cause of the First boss trinket wich i just dont belive in.

Please any1 help me out

Latest log from today. Im in on first 2 bosses. http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/129265/

and the lfr's and so ive done is on http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/267033/

I really hope that some1 of u take the time to help me out.