FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jiilthanor

Warlock Race

So, i've been rocking this thought of Race changing my Undead Warlock. I really do feel like Undead is the Race to be for a Warlock, but lets face it, their Racial is a Joke in PvE. I dont play pvp EVER, so i dont care about Will of the Forsaken.

So now that i've built up some momentum of how i feel about my Race as is, the question is probably obvious by now, Orc or Troll?

These days i play GoSac Destro for the MOST part in SoO, but i play all the specs really. Just thought i would mention that since Orc has bonus towards a pet.

So the SimCraft "whore" that i am, i did some Simulations in my gear and it seems that Troll on paper is the best choice. Any opinon's on the matter? Or better yet, anyone with experience with both Races?

as an undead warlock with top 5 parses (and some rank 1s) in a guild where our other locks paid for race changes, FUCK TROLLS AND ORCS. undead 4 life.

seriously though, if that tiny DPS gain is worth $15 or whatever it is and it really bothers you that much that you're missing out on it, then go for the race change. but just know that even for great players, there are a lot of tiny things you can always improve to get more DPS besides a race change.

Edited by mediocregatsby

as an undead warlock with top 5 parses (and some rank 1s) in a guild where our other locks paid for race changes, FUCK TROLLS AND ORCS. undead 4 life.

I feel ya fellow Undead! Not gonna lie, it's tempting to stay Undead, but dayum, im a bit of a DPS whore aswell xD

EDIT: Saw you edited your's, So figured i'd do the same. It's not just about the Race Change, it's also about getting feedback on how much of a difference there really is in Comparison. If it's not substantial enough, im sure as hell not spending money on it. 

Edited by Jiilthanor

cgfltbF.png

there's a tiny difference of DPS between racials. that difference could come from a million other things like RPPM trinkets proccing at the right/wrong time, being targeted by a random boss mechanic, getting a string of lucky set bonus procs, just getting a few more crits than average, etc etc. all those things are completely outside your control but they have a bigger impact than the racials. it just isn't worth it unless you're in a world first guild, and if you were in a world first guild then your DPS would fluctuate wildly with the randomness of gear drops in the 2-3 weeks you have to clear everything.

Edited by mediocregatsby

Those numbers are relatively skewed. Problem with Simcraft is it doesn't make human decisions about snapshotting and lining up stuff.

cgfltbF.png

there's a tiny difference of DPS between racials. that difference could come from a million other things like RPPM trinkets proccing at the right/wrong time, being targeted by a random boss mechanic, getting a string of lucky set bonus procs, just getting a few more crits than average, etc etc. all those things are completely outside your control but they have a bigger impact than the racials. it just isn't worth it unless you're in a world first guild, and if you were in a world first guild then your DPS would fluctuate wildly with the randomness of gear drops in the 2-3 weeks you have to clear everything.

That is 100% bullshit. Worgen 1% crit is way,way, way lower value then troll 20% snap shot haste. 

Do not EVER trust SimC for something like this. 

That is 100% bullshit. Worgen 1% crit is way,way, way lower value then troll 20% snap shot haste. 

To be fair, that chart does show Troll 5000 DPS over 2nd place and 7000 over the highest Alliance race.  5000 and 7000 are pretty significant for just what your character looks like.  I'm not sure Troll is being considered with Beastslaying...methinks Troll is worth 10k DPS on almost every fight and an additional 5% (10-15k) on beasts.

Troll makes affliction opening BEAST.

Dark Soul + Tempus Repit + BL + Racial -> OP as fuck.

For Destro is useful for soak more Chaos Bolts into procs and more immolate and RoF ticks.

To be fair, that chart does show Troll 5000 DPS over 2nd place and 7000 over the highest Alliance race.  5000 and 7000 are pretty significant for just what your character looks like.  I'm not sure Troll is being considered with Beastslaying...methinks Troll is worth 10k DPS on almost every fight and an additional 5% (10-15k) on beasts.

This post makes me really wanna go Troll :P I kinda hate that i do though. 

Blizz gets $50 from me every tier.  $25 to go Troll during progression, $25 to go back Orc on farm.

Blizz gets $50 from me every tier.  $25 to go Troll during progression, $25 to go back Orc on farm.

I payed only U$18,00 for race change.

Why?

Beucase Brazil is OP.

Btw or sub is only U$7,00.

huehuehue-300x221.png

Edited by JvChequer

One question about Goblins. Is their hit box smaller than the other classes? Do you have a split second more leeway to getting out of fire?

Another thing to consider for Goblins is that they have a get out of jail free card of standing in bad stuff. Rocket Boots!

Different races do not have different hit boxes.

If whatever you have to get out of is so big that you would need Rocket Boots over a simple side step (that takes significantly less time), you can be using Burning Rush, Demonic Circle, or Demonic Gateway for them. And, of course, engineers can pop Nitro Boost.

He didn't even say what spec that was...for all you know that was destruction and 1% crit is sexy as fuck.

Destruction BiS races:

Troll - 427966

Orc - 421413

Worgen - 420670

Goblin - 420174

Undead - 418167

Troll is 2.34% ahead of undead for DESTRUCTION.

For demo troll isn't even that much better than orc now. For affliction you can probably argue troll as vastly superior, but outside of that, meh.

Side note, if I had the money to spend I'd switch to undead right now because yolocastanimationdpsgain AESTHETICS MEAN THE WORLD BRAH.

Edited by gahhda

Side note, if I had the money to spend I'd switch to undead right now because yolocastanimationdpsgain AESTHETICS MEAN THE WORLD BRAH.

You forgot your #.

After Thok goes down, I might go female Goblin.  Nothing makes me happier than hearing "EXPLOSY TIME!" while playing Destruction.  I might macro /charge with Chaos Bolt just to hear her do her Goblin grunt or yell "EXPLOSY TIME" with each CB.

Troll is a DPS gain, but it will never tear me away from the Blood Elf Master Race when it comes to 'locks.

Love the hell out of my Troll Druid and Shaman though.

Derp, that first list i posted was actually demo not destro...In actuality the difference for destruction between gobling/worgen/orc/troll is <1%.